Eichel helped off ice in practice

AJgoal

Actually yes, yes you do. At least as full contact as NHL practices are.

And this wasn't a "full contact" injury. Did you watch the video? He wasn't hit. At worst he got tangled up in Girgenson's stick. It sucks, it's a terrible thing to deal with at the start of the season, but it's foolish to blame Bylsma for it. Unless you just want him to throw bubble wrap and a red jersey on Eichel for his whole career.

16 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You do not have your star kid in full contact a day before the season starts.  Had this happened to your team you would be fuming

Wow, that may just be one of your worst posts yet!

In the video, it looked like a normal practice that is held day in and day out by every NHL team. As I said early in the thread and others have mentioned, he got tangled up in front of the net on a simple drill. Stuff like this happens, does it suck for the Sabres, yes but in no way can you blame the Head Coach for making their boy wonder go through a "full contract" practice.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

.  Lets see how you can keep us competitive when we have lost the one guy we tanked an entire season to acquire? 

Actually...you tanked an entire season for McDavid. You ended up with Eichel.

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

How is scheduling a practice in which in one player sustains a freak injury Bylsma's fault?

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26-I think you may be on to something. Maybe HJ is AI? You never see them at the same place at the same time. :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

How is scheduling a practice in which in one player sustains a freak injury Bylsma's fault?

Going full speed contact a day before the season opener?  Give me a break.  Its ALWAYS the damn coach's fault.  

18 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Going full speed contact a day before the season opener?  Give me a break.  Its ALWAYS the damn coach's fault.  

If you're really that desperate to blame someone, blame the D-man for (inadvertently it seems) kind of slew footing Eichel.

Or blame Lindros. That always works for me.

Just now, Podein25 said:

If you're really that desperate to blame someone, blame the D-man for (inadvertently it seems) kind of slew footing Eichel.

Or blame Lindros. That always works for me.

Girgensons was way out of position on that, I would think. Unless he was simulating being a defenseman. Way too deep as a forward on the PK.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Girgensons was way out of position on that, I would think. Unless he was simulating being a defenseman. Way too deep as a forward on the PK.

I stand corrected: blame Latvia!

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Okposo is still nursing a sore knee after being hit by a puck in practice.

Looks like your coach took out another player with his damn practice!:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

5 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Okposo is still nursing a sore knee after being hit by a puck in practice.

Looks like your coach took out another player with his damn practice!:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Bylsma:

"Alright that's it! Every off day from now to the end of the season, drills on how to stay safe during practice. We will practice safety, not getting hit with stuff, not tripping over your teammates' sticks, inadvertently tweaking body parts, or other such out-of-our-hands nonsense!

We will continue doing this till our safety measures are equal to our special teams play.....oh wait..."

Pegula to implement nerf pucks at practice. All Sabres players will also be required to watch the Occupational Health and Safety video from corporate. The Sabres have also erected the following sign in their locker room 

image.gif

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You do not have your star kid in full contact a day before the season starts.  Had this happened to your team you would be fuming

I'd be bummed that the player was injured, but not fuming because the coach had the temerity to (gasp!) host a practice.

If I can't practice, I can't practiceman. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about practice. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? 

On 10/13/2016 at 7:02 PM, Samifan said:

Pegula to implement nerf pucks at practice. All Sabres players will also be required to watch the Occupational Health and Safety video from corporate. The Sabres have also erected the following sign in their locker room 

image.gif

LOL.....had to chuckle when i read that... LOL

On 10/12/2016 at 0:24 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Boy, if this injury lingers for any length of time it could napalm the Sabres' season sooner than later.

O'Reilly dealing with some chronic back issues, Evander Kane usually good for a stint or two on IR, Kyle Okposo dealing with some knee issues, and now this.

Buffalo already was facing a steep uphill battle to be competitive.....these injuries and assorted ailments certainly don't help matters.

Seriously...with these guys in and out of the lineup, where are the goals supposed to come from??

But last night it seems like maybe we are not so bad after all?  We went into Edmonton whose heads are all swollen up after those two wins over Calgary.   Now they are likely receiving a lashing and a very nasty practice?  They did not see us coming.  I doubt anyone did.  

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

But last night it seems like maybe we are not so bad after all?  We went into Edmonton whose heads are all swollen up after those two wins over Calgary.   Now they are likely receiving a lashing and a very nasty practice?  They did not see us coming.  I doubt anyone did.  

They're ninja Sabres Rick....nobody sees them coming!

Two games here, one game there don't define a team. Just like one player doesn't. I tried to tell you, the Sabres actually have some decent players. Losing an offensive star like Eichel hurts, but it isn't the end of the world. Have some faith in the rest of the guys on your team. I'm sure Jack does.

23 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Two games here, one game there don't define a team. Just like one player doesn't. I tried to tell you, the Sabres actually have some decent players. Losing an offensive star like Eichel hurts, but it isn't the end of the world. Have some faith in the rest of the guys on your team. I'm sure Jack does.

Oh, but Sabres fans DO have faith.....in fact, a little TOO much faith sometimes.....in fact, a blind, fact ignoring faith.....heck, almost a CULT-like faith....

Ok, I'm scared now.... :cry:

Archived