New Christmas decorations

BluPuk

Koodos to the HF managers for the awesome Christmas lights. They can scare the bejeebers out of you though....

But, that snow's gotta go! There is water running out the bottom of my bloody monitor!  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

I thought I was in Detroit Carolina....

Hah...

@BluPuk  I almost asked HF for a shovel or snowblower, but so far, nothing is sticking to my monitor, and my water seals are keeping my desk dry. :eyeroll:

The smashing sound of the bulbs is catching me by surprise once in a while, especially if I have my speakers turned up.

I forget about them, swipe my mouse, then hear the smash sound, which alarms me for about a half second, before I remember that HF has these nice burglar alarms set up on the header! :ahappy:

It is all very nice though, and I think its all a nice touch.........however, that said, now that he has gotten some new toys to play with on his software for site decorations, I can only imagine what he has in store for us, visual and AUDIO-wise for the 4th of July.. ;)

36 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I can only imagine what he has in store for us, visual and AUDIO-wise for the 4th of July.. ;)

I'm not sure there are any firework apps for the 4th created for our viewing pleasure.  Not a bad idea though.

6 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I smashed all the light bulbs.  Sorry.

LOL .... I just noticed that! :)

I broke all the light too :P

PS  I must be a Force Wielder....I can change the direction of the snowflakes  :)

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I forget about them, swipe my mouse, then hear the smash sound

What the hell are you doing with your mouse pointer way up there?  Had I not seen your smash comment in the shoutbox, I would never have known.

@hf101   Nice job!

Alright, @ruxpin 

I've figured it out...

The lights you smash on the header.....they ARE trick lights.

It is impossible to break them all with a single swipe.

I've been trying (thanks to you, dammit)...and I have a pretty steady hand...almost surgical precision on my lil mitts....and I made just about as straight a swipe across as one could make, and I watched the lights closely, and some of them simply won't break on the first pass through.

Go for a second pass, obviously, and then you can pick up the seven-ten split, if ya get my drift.... ;)

So yea.....keep trying if you like...heck, you may even enjoy it before and after a few beers....but it'll be like taking the stairs trying to reach that inaccessible steeple....ya ain't getting there. :sorcerer:

On 12/24/2016 at 6:55 PM, ScottM said:

I've smashed those lights quite a few times already. I think I'm way too easily entertained...

Yeah. I was initially smashing the lights, refreshing, and smashing all over again because I,  too, am too easily entertained. I even made up a game to see if I could smash them all in one sweep. 

But then, not just as bonus but almost as  raison d'etre, I realized the sound was annoying the hell out of my wife!  Life is good. 

And then, real entertainment:  the desktop in the kitchen is an all in one touchscreen monitor.   The cat realized that she, too,  could play (and annoy my wife...who was now entertained despite herself)    

Hf, thanks for the family entertainment! 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah. I was initially smashing the lights, refreshing, and smashing all over again because I,  too, am too easily entertained. I even made up a game to see if I could smash them all in one sweep. 

But then, not just as bonus but almost as  raison d'etre, I realized the sound was annoying the bell out of my wife!  Life is good. 

And then, real entertainment:  the desktop in the kitchen is an all in one touchscreen monitor.   The cat realized that she, too,  could play (and annoy my wife...who was now entertained despite herself)    

Hf, thanks for the family entertainment! 

I also started trying to get them all in one swipe (and I've been successful a few times). The cat part is awesome though. Lol

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

HA, Awesome stuff there. your cat and this site would be famous if you were able to get a youtube video of the cat smashing the lights, it might go viral.  lol.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

HA, Awesome stuff there. your cat and this site would be famous if you were able to get a youtube video of the cat smashing the lights, it might go viral.  lol.

I'll work on it 

Archived