Confession time: I am 100% backing the Pens this year in the playoffs once we are mathematically eliminated

Poulin20

APRIL FOOLS! :flyer:

I hope none of you actually bought that.  As usual I wish them the worst luck and hope they crash and burn in the first round, same goes for the Rags and Caps.

@Poulin20

Flyers re-sign Chris Vandevelde to lifelong contract extension

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-re-sign-chris-vandevelde-to-lifelong-contract-extension/

CVVLifelong.png

It’s been a long time coming for VandeVelde, who has been one of the most consistent players on the Flyers roster this season.

“Chris is a guy that plays the game the right way,” Hextall said. “You know what you’re going to get with VandeVelde.”

Hexy “wanted to lock a guy like that up” before he hit the open market this summer. You can’t argue with that logic.

“It was an unprecedented move to sign a player to a lifelong contract, but Chris deserved it,” Hextall said. “We had to jump through some loopholes to get it through the NHL offices, but we hammered out the details and we’re glad that Chris will be here for the foreseeable future.”

“I couldn’t be happier,” VandeVelde said. “I was worried I might have to skate into the sunset this summer, but then Mr. Hextall offered me a deal that I simply could not refuse.”

Hakstol will now be able to slot in VandeVelde on the fourth line left wing for the next 20, 30, or even 40 years. “It’s all up to Chris,” his head coach said. “Chris is the face of the organization now.”

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Lol!  That's a great reaction!  I think I would have reacted the same way if it was another non Pens fan myself.   Rest assured I wouldn't get caught dead supporting them in fact I was recently toying with the idea of purchasing a Crosby jersey to be converted into a Welcome mat cover at my back door where it gets the muddiest.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

@Poulin20

Flyers re-sign Chris Vandevelde to lifelong contract extension

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-re-sign-chris-vandevelde-to-lifelong-contract-extension/

CVVLifelong.png

It’s been a long time coming for VandeVelde, who has been one of the most consistent players on the Flyers roster this season.

“Chris is a guy that plays the game the right way,” Hextall said. “You know what you’re going to get with VandeVelde.”

Hexy “wanted to lock a guy like that up” before he hit the open market this summer. You can’t argue with that logic.

“It was an unprecedented move to sign a player to a lifelong contract, but Chris deserved it,” Hextall said. “We had to jump through some loopholes to get it through the NHL offices, but we hammered out the details and we’re glad that Chris will be here for the foreseeable future.”

“I couldn’t be happier,” VandeVelde said. “I was worried I might have to skate into the sunset this summer, but then Mr. Hextall offered me a deal that I simply could not refuse.”

Hakstol will now be able to slot in VandeVelde on the fourth line left wing for the next 20, 30, or even 40 years. “It’s all up to Chris,” his head coach said. “Chris is the face of the organization now.”

Very funny!  I would have chosen AMAC but VDV works well in that role too.

5 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Very funny!  I would have chosen AMAC but VDV works well in that role too.

Well Mcdud has even been scratched this year unlike CVV who has played in every game he wasn't hurt for...plus he is Hak's boy too...former alternate Captain at ND and all.......very well done.

10 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

I hope none of you actually bought that.  As usual I wish them the worst luck and hope they crash and burn in the first round, same goes for the Rags and Caps.

So, the rumor about you changing your screen name to PenFly is NOT true?

On 4/1/2017 at 9:55 AM, Poulin20 said:

Let's hope all your draft picks are duds in every year in the Flyers existence ??

On 4/1/2017 at 9:55 AM, Poulin20 said:

HaHa.  Reading this while on vacation and I have to give it the post of the day award.

:PostAwardsm:

Archived