Game 82: Rangers at Flyers; 4/7/18 @ 3 PM

Howie58

Greetings:

We are installed as heavy favorites (a bit surprising):

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/new-york-philadelphia-odds-april-7-2018-871024

It appears this will be the King versus Elliott.  Dave Hess notes that Elliott's lifetime record against the Rags is 2-9 with a 3.27 GAA.  That is not very inspiring:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/4-7-2018/new-york-rangers-vs-philadelphia-flyers-expert-prediction-8089/

We win and we're in.  If we lose, the Panthers have to lose one of their final two.  I would like us to win, particularly at home.   Note that our GAA is over 3.0 since March 1.  That says our offense has to carry the effort, and if we look at the last few games, that is the case.  Our goalies aren't likely to steal one; our D and forwards don't make up for it.  Keep your fingers crossed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrazek will have his eyes crossed (alcohol induced for sure) Lol kidding aside I too would like to see them win and not have to play the hoping game.... I'm if they are a playoff team , they better win  enough of this please help us make the playoffs go out and earn it already ... hoping for help doesn't exude much confidence  in the team and certainly not the fans!!!!   There are no question marks with a Win!!!! Not to mention you don't want to " limp " into the playoffs you want to go in on a high note!!!! BEAT THE RAGS!!!!

Just now, Howie58 said:

Get a fan to sing it! Or some 10-12 yr old prodigy!!! I've heard enough Lauren Hart and may Kate Smith rest in peace.... No disrespect.... But it hasn't worked since and it's not going to work now , recognize and move on......

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We are installed as heavy favorites

That statement right there just made me **** my pants!

How is sad is that we all have to be on the edge of our seats, holding our breathe praying that this hockey team can get 1 pt tomorrow? 

#LetsGoFlyers :flyers:

11 minutes ago, Samifan said:

How is sad is that we all have to be on the edge of our seats, holding our breathe praying that this hockey team can get 1 pt tomorrow? 

You are right..it is sad.  The Rags are a terrible team away from the Garden. That said, which Flyers squad shows up?  Squandering leads against lesser teams isn't fun to watch.  I think the goal situation is scary. I felt for Elliott not having a reconditioning assignment or playing a game that might not matter so much.  So yes, the bookies probably assess the numbers and say the Rangers aren't good. But...our schizo squad doesn't inspire confidence.  

Did you hear this schitt about a possible time breaker??? That's rediculous to"create" a tiebreaker game on  second to last day of the season!!!!!!! And why eliminate the"extra home game" that one team had in the season series.... 82 games should mean 82 games not oh let's see what we can do (to screw Philly) to create more stupid ass controversy ...     DUMB....... They are just looking for ways to keep us out..... Well it ain't gonna happen....

28 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

That said, which Flyers squad shows up?

I’m hoping the one that wants to play on Wednesday night. Hockey, that is.

5-2 Flyers. Nolan Hattrick gets 3. Giroux gets a point to reach 100. 

8 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Did you hear this schitt about a possible time breaker??? That's rediculous to"create" a tiebreaker game on  second to last day of the season!!!!!!! And why eliminate the"extra home game" that one team had in the season series.... 82 games should mean 82 games not oh let's see what we can do (to screw Philly) to create more stupid ass controversy ...     DUMB....... They are just looking for ways to keep us out..... Well it ain't gonna happen....

funny...

:bonkingheadonwall:

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Score first and don't play Elliott!

Really you want Leaky Pete in net for the biggest game of the year??? Someone hide the bottle of Stolie...:haha2:

...and check his water bottle

Yeah last thing the Flyers need is a home game vs.Hank at home with the Rags having nothing to play for except pay back from 2010.

Yet it is at least at home for all the marbles.

So the Flyer's 1st playoff game starts today. Good may help them 1st game of the playoffs if they get in.

And looking at the sad shape of the Rags blueline in front of King Nothing if they can't capitalize on that then they don't need to make the playoffs and embarrass themselves....

18 Marc Staal - 44 Neil Pionk
46 Rob O'Gara - 76 Brady Skjei
58 John Gilmour - 25 Ryan Sproul

......my how the Rags have fallen.

11 hours ago, Samifan said:

That statement right there just made me **** my pants!

#LetsGoFlyers :flyers:

In the grand scheme of it all, isn't that exactly what should be happening.  Hockey is entertainment and this is entertaining enough to have us taking about it on a website.   Just saying:flyers:

Better be a team first game ..

Play for the logo not the name on back ..

think they will be up for this game,if not somebody has to go ...

1 stay out of the box..

2 finish your checks ..

3 score more goals then them ...

Just a penny .......

Archived