• Knights Sweep 4-0
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • knights in 7
    • Sharks Sweep 4-0
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

I'm finding the West a lot harder to predict than the East this year.  And this is no easier to predict than the Jets and Nashville.  So I'm just going to go with the Home team here and the new NHL with 4 scoring lines and pick Vegas.  I think it will take a full 7 games though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Vegas with 3 goals in the first 5 minutes of Game 1. Now up 4-0 with 6 minutes left.

Holy S**T

Make it 5-0.  wow.  4 scoring lines, might be the model more teams look to create this off-season.

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

Make it 5-0.  wow.  4 scoring lines, might be the model more teams look to create this off-season.

So you’re saying they wouldn’t be interested in trading for Lehtera and Weise?:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Just now, Samifan said:

So you’re saying they wouldn’t be interested in trading for Lehtera and Weise?:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

lol, nope -- but I'm thinking it might be easier for the Flyers to build 4 scoring lines with the kids in the near future than it is for them to get bigger and tougher on the 3rd and 4th lines.

On 4/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, yave1964 said:

I hate the Knights and consider them a fraud who do not belong and hope that the Sharks stomp them in 4 easy games.

LOL.  They sure look like the real deal. 

Game 1 7-0 with all different goalscorers.  The Knights scored as many goals against the Sharks in 1 game as they did in the whole first round vs the Kings.  A lot of GMs looking like fools in the players they protected or let go in order to protect.  :eyeroll:

Let's go Knights!

Wow. Just wow. Great "team" effort in "net". Engelland led the way with 9 saves followed by Schmidt with 8 and Fleury with 6. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

.982 SV%

.540 GAA

If I am a VGK fan I am sure "fonda" those numbers!

9 hours ago, hf101 said:

4 scoring lines, might be the model more teams look to create this off-season.

Well i hope Ron is watching if he is smart he won't bring back Filppula to drag down the 3rd or 4th.

PASSERS NEED NOT APPLY!!! FULL!

It feels like the Kings, Ducks and Sharks may all have been way over rated. How will San Jose make any adjustments that will really change things for game 2? The best chance I see for the Sharks is to try and play a keep away game and force everything in the Neutral Zone. They have to figure out a way to maintain possession more. Otherwise they will not be able to stop the counter attack and the speed will create to many chances. Plus that will slow down the fore check some. They can also hope the Knights don't come out inspired again. Fleury's biggest weakness is either shoulder. For the Sharks to capitalize on that, they have to get some open looks from either circle. Just setting up at the blue line will not get enough of those type of shots, if they can get some clean looks in transition from the circles that will turn into goals and open other things up.

All the speed the Sharks were supposed to be able to create chances with did not exist in game 1.Everyone seems to have forgotten the Knights were 3-0-1 against the Sharks in the regular season, and somehow had made the Sharks the favorite in this series. In game 1 the Sharks just got more of the same, but a bigger dose of it. The Sharks would get thumped by Minnesota, Nashville or Winnipeg too. The Knights still have to win 3 more games to advance. It is hard to see the Sharks winning 4.

@Vegas Always Wins

I have really taken a liking to Alex Tuch. Wow. The kid has no fear skating up through the defense.  He has it all, the size, speed, power, and finish.  What was Fletcher thinking when he thinking when he gave this kid up.  I'm sure he had other choices to protect Dumba.  (I'll guess that is why he doesn't have a job right now.  lol.

I'm ready to change my vote to 5 games where Vegas wins this. I picked them in 7.  But wow.  They play a great North - South game right to the net.  Game 1 was a statement game, they are for real.

This is just ridiculous.

I will stand by my "Knights in 7" pick.....I have to believe San Jose will make a series of this yet.

But man, the Knights are just making a mockery out of their division rivals right now.

Should they come out of this series, could they do the same to a powerful Nashville or Winnipeg team?

And beyond that....the Eastern Champion?

This is just crazy.

And I agree, @hf101

GM's over the ENTIRE NHL are looking pretty damned weak with some of the choices they made in who to protect and who to let go.

Minnesota giving up Alex Tuch and Erik Haula?

Pens giving up on MAF (stop it, @notfondajane !  :InnocentSmiley: )?

Panthers giving up on Marchessault?

Columbus giving up on Willie Karlsson?

McNabb? Perron?  Probably a ton more key guys I am not thinking of right now.

Oh yea, and the Panthers not only firing Gerard Gallant, but making him take a freakin CAB back to his hotel room?

He laughs at the Panther organization now.....

I seriously have to wonder whether all this is even taking GM George McPhee by surprise.

I am sure he was prepared for somewhat slow rebuild and having to do lots of draft and development work to get the team to the top.

I think he KNEW he would have good players to start...but THIS good? Probably not.

Boy, if Seattle has the same set of rules to work with (and if they have an intelligent front office), they gotta be licking their chops at the prospect of, "Hey, WE could do that too!"

But first things first..... gotta see if the Sharks will get off the deck.

They got punched and punched hard.

I want to see the response from this mostly veteran group.

43 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Pens giving up on MAF (stop it, @notfondajane !  :InnocentSmiley: )?

I wouldn't say they game up on him. When you have the 22 year old heir apparent at $2,000,000 per year less for at least 3 more years you have to part ways. 

Put another way, would you rather have Fleury or Murray/Dumoulin? Because they aren't able to afford the Dumoulin extension w/ Fleury on the roster.

19 hours ago, hf101 said:

They can try.

The jets have talent for 3 lines to be considered 1st or 2nd line caliber. Once they have to give contracts to bigger point getters it might level it out a bit.

Then again, it might not. Nothing about Vegas has been normal for an expansion team

Looks like Kane let his emotions get the better of him...... and really, San Jose could use all hands on deck dealing with this layered Vegas offense.

He did his team NO favors here.

If the Sharks can contain the Vegas attack somehow and solve MAF just a hair, maybe they can still win a low 2-1 type game, making this suspension moot.

But still, couldn't have come at a worse time for the team to have their deadline acquisition and one of the guys counted on for offense, lose his marbles like that.

On 4/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, yave1964 said:

Congrats my friend on a great year. Currently I am sitting on the ocean in Hawaii (for 3 more days) visiting my daughter and enjoying my best vacation ever.

Good luck to the Sharks. I hate the Knights and consider them a fraud who do not belong and hope that the Sharks stomp them in 4 easy games.

I'm enjoying reading these posts after game one.  LOL

Archived