Game 11: Islanders at Flyers, 10/27 @ 1

Howie58

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the beginning of the end for Hak. 

When the coach calls out his players to #sackup, and they respond with their worst effort of the season at home, losing 6-1, it’s over folks. 

Thye look completely lifeless. 

Be careful what you wish for. You really want some recycled bench boss like Ken Hitchcock or Mike Keenan? I think it's pretty obvious right now that Philadelphia needs a goalie. You expect Hakstol to go out there and stop pucks? Flyers need a big trade, not a coaching change.

47 minutes ago, brelic said:

I think this is the beginning of the end for Hak. 

When the coach calls out his players to #sackup, and they respond with their worst effort of the season at home, losing 6-1, it’s over folks. 

Thye look completely lifeless. 

Yes. 

Even with injuries that have  guys playing who shouldn't be, this team (except goaltending) is better-constructed than this.  There's no excuse for this. 

It looks like the waning moments of the Barber and Stevens era. And the entire Berube era. 

Hakstol hitched his wagon to his assistant coaches, who are horrible. Throw the whole damn bunch out. 

But but but...they made all the right moves. Funny checkin in once in a while to see people finally starting to see this mess for what it is.

Most flyer fans have seen it for a while, they just dont post on here because this is just a cheering section usually although it is a good sign to see some starting to question the unquestionable. 

1 minute ago, csummers said:

But but but...they made all the right moves. Funny checkin in once in a while to see people finally starting to see this mess for what it is.

Most flyer fans have seen it for a while, they just dont post on here because this is just a cheering section usually although it is a good sign to see some starting to question the unquestionable. 

People have different perspectives. I won’t speak for others, but for myself, I will never pretend I know more than professionals who do this for a living. I’m also a super patient guy. 

The big difference I’ve seen this year compared to, say, the 10 game losing streak, is how the players are talking, how the coach is talking. I see a divide. The media has turned on Hak. Hak has become combative. Hex is no longer saying he’s got full trust in Hak - instead he says that things need to turn around here. And the players are not showing any kind of effort. 

Thise signs, for me, point to the beginning of the end. 

Archived