Wild vs. Capitals 11/13/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

After the first goal I didn't think it was doobs night. Follow that up with only 6 shots half way into the 2nd period. ugh

See this quite often when I team gets home after a long road trip. They were due for a stinker. 

1 hour ago, rottenrefs said:

After the first goal I didn't think it was doobs night. Follow that up with only 6 shots half way into the 2nd period. ugh

Agree Rotty. Especially he had 2-5-1 (now 2-6-1) stats against Capitals. Even before the game start I was thinking that Stalock is a better candidate for starting this game, because last game against Capitals he was able to stop 40 shots but not Dooby. Probably, Stalock is going to play a second game against Caps in March, like he did last year.

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

No doubt but really I’m not surprised at all with the way this game has gone. 

It was just a hope before the game. If I remember, we won most games against Caps when Ovechkin was not playing.

No doubt it was a real SOLID but still disappointing loss for the Wild team at home tonight. 
Wish that we will play against that team not 2 times a season , but 4 games to get more experience at this level of play.

2 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Just have to get it to $50 bucks for free shipping. I go with hats, cool to rare socks, air fresheners for my car/truck, rechargeable batteries... 

Rotty, Do they charge now taxes fee even with a free shipping? During my last recent order on Amazon they did that despite of free standard shipping.

So in the 1st goal Eller flew by Suter and Greenway who weren't that interested in defending. And we've seen this before this season; Suter racing with another player ends up either him losing the race or letting another guy carry on from there. Some might argue it's good he doesn't take too many penalties.

2nd goal... did I see that dope Wilson extending his elbow to Dubnyk's direction? Either way, he obviously didn't mind running into Devan. Nice that Foligno decided to have a round with him.

3rd goal - what a sad piece of D. Dumbazz guessing and losing.

4th goal - Dubnyk's decision to dive was kind of odd although Jewel originally coughed up the puck.

5th - Dubnyk's slow lateral movement got once again exposed although Pateryn was kind of undecisive.

If only that game could have been played 12 years ago: The Wild would have sent both Boogeyman AND Fedoruk to solve Wilson's case.

Give him a 5-game, 20-game, 600-game suspension or whatsoever, that won't change anything. Give him a $2000, $5M or $900G fine, that won't change anything. Send him an incarnation of a mix between Kocur, Boogaard and Nilan, that would change. These kind of scúmbags like Wilson only understand that type of language. The power of intimidation.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 8:10 PM, bbgarnett said:

When I was in West Virginia they had tons of Wild stuff at the Kmart which I was surprised to see that. I'd assume they'd have like Pens stuff or something, but it was all Wild.

It's  the logo. I encounter people with Wild caps but come up clueless that it symbolizes a hockey team. And if a pullover just says Wild, like wearing Pink gear....

I thought the Wild played pretty well against a very, very good team.   Obviously no accident why the Caps won the Cup last year.   The Caps are filled with ultra-talented forwards.  Wilson adds a very necessary dimension and really complements them well.   Not saying I would have, but a person should be able to see the reasoning behind throwing what, on paper, looks like an outrageous, ridiculous amount of $$$ at Wilson.

Same with Carlson - huge amount of money but that was about market value IMO and the Caps would be a much inferior team without Carlson. 

Barring injury, my money is on a Caps repeat for the Cup.

13 hours ago, Icechipper said:

It's  the logo. I encounter people with Wild caps but come up clueless that it symbolizes a hockey team. And if a pullover just says Wild, like wearing Pink gear....

IMO the Wild animal head design is a brilliant work of art.  I love it.  Always reminds me of Lake of the Woods and Rainey River.

22 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

If only that game could have been played 12 years ago: The Wild would have sent both Boogeyman AND Fedoruk to solve Wilson's case.

Give him a 5-game, 20-game, 600-game suspension or whatsoever, that won't change anything. Give him a $2000, $5M or $900G fine, that won't change anything. Send him an incarnation of a mix between Kocur, Boogaard and Nilan, that would change. These kind of scúmbags like Wilson only understand that type of language. The power of intimidation.

Lemaire would agree with you, no doubt!  Problem is you need a true T. Rex kind of fighter or Wilson will  damage them.   Not that he's a league Champion or anything, but he's big and strong and not afraid to fight and knows how to throw 'em.

Archived