Game 23: Flyers at Leafs; 11/24 @ 7 PM

Howie58

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This is an embarrassment. @ruxpinsaid this in another thread I don't wait. I fire hakstol between periods. tonite.  Holy ****. He's not getting through or something there is no excuse for a team to look like this after the game they played yesterday. 

Pickard needs waived- 

Make a trade, there needs to be a shake up. I start with a new coach 

MOJO...   As one of my favorite posters you know that Hak is safe after this game. 

I hate to say it but do you eally think Ron gives the boot? 

I am all for the plan but this is a joke....  I can't really believe this team....   It is a mess. 

2 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I hate to say it but do you eally think Ron gives the boot? 

Sadly no ...as much as I love Hexy, I think he is still thinking he is outsmarting the rest of the league when he hired Hak from the college ranks.....

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Sadly no ...as much as I love Hexy, I think he is still thinking he is outsmarting the rest of the league when he hired Hak from the college ranks.....

Hexy thinks he is the snartest man in the room.    This experiment needs to be over.... 

16 minutes ago, Samifan said:

If the old man were still alive this is the kind of game where he would demand terminations and trades.

RIP Ed, sorry that your franchise is a pile of **** now.

Said this in other threads....   Ed must me rolling in his grave while comcast is counting the profit margins....  

A joke... 

2 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Hexy thinks he is the snartest man in the room.    This experiment needs to be over....  

Sadly ... I agree.  I had serious hope when he came back east from LA, but it looks like fool's gold at the moment ....

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Sadly ... I agree.  I had serious hope when he came back east from LA, but it looks like fool's gold at the moment ....

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but something has to give..     

We are in year 5 and right now we are just the same.   Maybe we need a shakeup but Hexy is too patient in my opinion.   It is not working..... 

13 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Like if you think @Howie58 is the classiest of posters on this site..

MC:

I think of this as an extended family and act accordingly!  I remember the gang that migrated from Philly.com...we have kept kept our act together since then.  You, Occ, and the gang are a good bunch.  

I think even the announcing staff questions the coach.  They are saying the team has come out unprepared.  "It was ugly from the start of the game."  This is a systems problem but the speed-skill teams like Buffalo and Toronto just steamroller us.  I was wondering if our guys were paid by the Flyers or the Leafs?

J.J. and Jones sound dejected.  Yikes.  

Stolarz is the sole bright spot.  He was solid and it's great he was even playing.  

8 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

This is not about the goalies. This team is dysfunctional from top to bottom.

I disagree about that. those early goals from Pickard deflated the team right from the jump. 

The goaltending has been atrocious every gaffe ends up behind these guys... If you wish to say it is not all about the goalies as I can buy that  I think that the team was not prepared to play hockey tonight and I think it's time for the coach to go.

The goaltending is on Ron.

Ron has given his guy plenty of rope and it looks like he's hanging himself with it.

Terrible performance.

A change needs made.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow.

I am glad I stuck to watching football.

Occ:  I said it earlier, but even the broadcast staff looks somber.  Morganti and Jones look like they came from a funeral. I could not bear listening to Hakstol's post-game.   

I

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I disagree about that. those early goals from Pickard deflated the team right from the jump. 

The goaltending has been atrocious every gaffe ends up behind these guys... If you wish to say it is not all about the goalies as I can buy that  I think that the team was not prepared to play hockey tonight and I think it's time for the coach to go.

The goaltending is on Ron.

Ron has given his guy plenty of rope and it looks like he's hanging himself with it.

Terrible performance.

A change needs made.

Since 1976 when Bernie suffered his eye injury the goaltending has been suspect .2 years of Lindbergh, a brief run for Hexy himself, otherwise, the management team of the day has decided goaltending issue can be put on hold. That is the dysfunction. Adam Oates, Alex Daigle, Chris Gratton, more of the dysfunction. If you think Pickard was the root of 6-0 tonight you know nothing about competitive hockey. Saturday night in Toronto is THE mecca., To come out flat as a team like that is disgusting and reeks of zero leadership. 

34 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

If you think Pickard was the root of 6-0 tonight you know nothing about competitive hockey. Saturday night in Toronto is THE mecca., To come out flat as a team like that is disgusting and reeks of zero leadership. 

First, I don't care for the inference I know nothing.  

Second, what is it you are saying ? The same thing I am?

Looks that way to me. 

The goaltending is terrible, 3 of the first 4 were the result of poor play by Pickard,  so, 3-0 any better? 

As a competitor,  knowing every mistake made results in points against leads to tentative play and the Leafs pounced on every mistake. Maybe Pickard makes a save and the boys can pull their heads from their asses. He didn't,  I am not wrong to put much of this loss on goaltending. 

I put the most blame for tonight on the coach, there's been too many games like this.

This team should be better, that's on the coach. 

Archived