Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Friday 2-1-19m 7:00pm, American Airlines Arena

MNSOTA

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

He was not good tonight 

Nope. A thimbleful of physical play here and there, and Duby would've been looking at a shutout. I dunno how BB tolerates the constant "bend over and reach out with one arm 'cause I can't be bothered to move three feet and actually defend a guy" technique.

Wild Sluggish in 3-1 Loss to Dallas

Sluggish.  And no I'm not just talking about Victor Rask.  Suter looked tired most of the night.  Koivu was garbage.   We looked like a team that was still on the beach sippin' my tai's.  Dubnyk was the only player that I felt played pretty well save the one yogurt soft goal he gave up to Seguin.  He made enough saves to keep Minnesota in the game long enough to get something going offensively if it had any fire at all.  I have a full game recap, prospect updates and HS hockey rankings too.  Enjoy

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

What an ALL-STAR... Despite the team effort whatever it was we would've been heading to OT without that garbage goal.

Let me rephrase that for you:

Even as poorly as the Wild played tonight, if their anemic offense could've scored just one more goal, this game likely would have gone to OT.

4 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

Let me rephrase that for you:

Even as poorly as the Wild played tonight, if their anemic offense could've scored just one more goal, this game likely would have gone to OT.

Bud, you don't have to rephrase my own opinions to me.

Besides, you miscalculated. Game was tied 1-1 when he gave up that goal - we would've gone OT without scoring another goal.

Looking at the messages on the board the day after can be more entertaining than the game I watched last night. When  most of the comments are about crock pots and recipes you know everyone was just as board with the mostly lazy uninspired play that I saw. 

My question is how many playoff teams have a supposed #1 center and minute eating defensman as slow as our team. 

15 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Looking at the messages on the board the day after can be more entertaining than the game I watched last night. When  most of the comments are about crock pots and recipes you know everyone was just as board with the mostly lazy uninspired play that I saw. 

My question is how many playoff teams have a supposed #1 center and minute eating defensman as slow as our team. 

Don't knock the recipes! There is some inspired thinking there! You should get @MNSOTA Sticky Wings recipe. It's DA BOMB! Best wing recipe I've ever had.

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild Sluggish in 3-1 Loss to Dallas

Sluggish.  And no I'm not just talking about Victor Rask.  Suter looked tired most of the night.  Koivu was garbage.   We looked like a team that was still on the beach sippin' my tai's.  Dubnyk was the only player that I felt played pretty well save the one yogurt soft goal he gave up to Seguin.  He made enough saves to keep Minnesota in the game long enough to get something going offensively if it had any fire at all.  I have a full game recap, prospect updates and HS hockey rankings too.  Enjoy

True to form, the Wild are going to make it interesting. I'm probably going to be labeled a hater, but I almost hope they miss the Playoffs. Then maybe we'll see some sort of shake up. But then the excuses will come fast and furious: 

Suter was still recovering from that ankle injury

Couldn't replace a guy like Dumba on defense

Dumba loss killed the power play

Greenway will be better next season

Coyle will be better next season

Took Aberg and Rask longer to adjust to the team than we figured

Granlund was playing hurt most of the season

This team is what it is. It's a good team, but not a great team. And with the way the older players are locked into NMC/NTC's, I don't foresee things improving in the near future. Old players don't improve with age unless they are willing to recognize their shortcomings and readjust their play and take on different roles for the team. And that ain't happening with this crew.

I actually enjoyed the break and caught a few other games. Finally felt pumped to see the Wild again and they drop this turd.

The came out flatter than a 10 yr old....:ermm:

So we play better against the good teams and play down to the level of the bad ones. Says a lot when Dallas has an almost identical record.

Whoever is in charge of the PP needs to go. Sure we miss Dumba but when here that's all we'd do is try to set him up. Ok, It worked somewhat but still we can't create anything.

3 1/2 minutes of PP and all we do is 'Dump and Chase' which should be called Dump and Turnover since nobody chases it.

We have an extra player and we still can't find an open pass to bring it in the zone.

Big respect to Hunt for immediately pointing to the player who set him up for his 1st goal as a Wild, Instead of going to a knee and a big arm scoop saying "Look at Meeeee" ala Zucker.

Reason Hunt scored? He hasn't been here long enough to learn our PP system.

patience.jpg

3 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Don't knock the recipes! There is some inspired thinking there! You should get @MNSOTA Sticky Wings recipe. It's DA BOMB! Best wing recipe I've ever had.

I'll have to see if I can track that recipe down....I haven't made it in ages.

Also, I ruffled some POS's feathers with my preview article. Some complete stranger called me a b**** for simply stating my opinion on the McGuire and Coyne situation at the Lightning-Pens game. Gotta love when morons prove my point. That is exactly WHY she said nothing against Pierre about the situation.

8 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Bud, you don't have to rephrase my own opinions to me.

Besides, you miscalculated. Game was tied 1-1 when he gave up that goal - we would've gone OT without scoring another goal.

What, no sense of humor? I didn't "miscalculate" anything, they still had to score one more to get into OT after Dallas' second goal.

My point was, and you know this but I'll say it anyway, that you can look at who is to blame for this loss in 2 very different ways. Pin it on the goalie, or pin it on the lack of offense. Neither one picked up the other.

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I actually enjoyed the break and caught a few other games. Finally felt pumped to see the Wild again and they drop this turd.

The came out flatter than a 10 yr old....:ermm:

So we play better against the good teams and play down to the level of the bad ones. Says a lot when Dallas has an almost identical record.

Whoever is in charge of the PP needs to go. Sure we miss Dumba but when here that's all we'd do is try to set him up. Ok, It worked somewhat but still we can't create anything.

3 1/2 minutes of PP and all we do is 'Dump and Chase' which should be called Dump and Turnover since nobody chases it.

We have an extra player and we still can't find an open pass to bring it in the zone.

Big respect to Hunt for immediately pointing to the player who set him up for his 1st goal as a Wild, Instead of going to a knee and a big arm scoop saying "Look at Meeeee" ala Zucker.

Reason Hunt scored? He hasn't been here long enough to learn our PP system.

patience.jpg

Hunt did a nice job.  Apparently, he is the only one that can be bothered to score.  I was so underwhelmed by this game that I cleaned the grill on the cooktop, aired out my sons hockey bag, glued a hole in a snow boot, and cleaned a spot on the rug from my dogs ‘sit and spin.’  What about everyone else?

Archived