Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC2)

pilldoc

Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC2)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Bruins sweep
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Hurricanes sweep
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7

Really close series there, but I feel the Bruins a just a bit superior (experience, depth). The insertion of Backes seems to work, Rask did great against the BJ.

Bruins to the limit, in 7.

I too will be cheering for the bunch of jerks.

I hate Boston sports teams as a general rule- going back to the Steve Grogan era Patriots- the Jim Rice era BoSox so the sports hate runs deep.  Plus it's not like the city hasn't been able to celebrate a championship for decades...it's been months, so screw them. Go 'Canes.

The Bruins couldn't really get anything going unless they were a man up.

That game was lost by the 'Canes with 4 minutes of penalties. One of which was a terrible missed call (Hamilton) I think Carolina is faster, I think they have more skill throughout the line up. 

It's my opion we saw some good old fashioned home cooking by the refs in the 3rd period. The Staal hit warranted a call, and the Broons got a fortunate bounce in front of Mrazek. Tie game. The canes were all set to start imposing their will back on the game. 

It was 5-2 but the Bruins were lucky and had some things go their way. 

I will not be surprised if Carolina wins this series in 6.   They are better. 

17 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

I voted for the jerks in seven, mostly because that's how I want it to end... though Boston will be quite the challenge.

Did as well. Boston will be a huge challenge. I am still not sure if Mrazek is good enough against Rask. Maybe McElhinney is a better option against him?🤔

Hmmm well Mrazek didn't look particularly solid on Sunday.

It does not appear that playing the Bruins "physically" is the way to go.  All it did in Boston was get the 'canes in the penalty box . The Bruins power play is suddenly all world so this strategy should change. I really thought the canes would be able to exploit the middling midgets on the 3rd pair as well, but those guys look like freakin' Rob Neidermeyer clones. 

We will see if the change of venue helps the 'canes, they didn't carry the play nearly as much as they did in game one and had a far worse result. 

Down 2-0 isn't the end, but the 'cane need to hold serve.

So the Canes sweep two teams en route to the Eastern Conference Finals, including the regular season's best team, but then get swept themselves on arrival. Tres strange. 🤔

Irrespective who wins the West--double irrespective if the Sharks do :biggrin:--and regardless Marchand's penchant for jackassery, I'll be rooting for the Bruins to win it all, while smiling should someone legally deck Marchand. Seems to me Rask's performing above his average and Bruin chances look good for sippin soda from Stanley style goblets if that continues.

Edited by thenewestlights

15 minutes ago, thenewestlights said:

So the Canes sweep two teams en route to the Eastern Conference Finals, including the regular season's best team, but then get swept themselves on arrival. Tres strange. 🤔

Irrespective who wins the West--double irrespective if the Sharks do :biggrin:--and regardless Marchand's penchant for jackassery, I'll be rooting for the Bruins to win it all while smiling should someone legally deck Marchand. Seems to me Rask's performing above his average and Bruin chances look good for sippin soda from Stanley style goblets if that continues.

It sure is strange.  Especially them beating the Islanders.  No way do Tampa or the Islanders get swept by Boston. Boston did have a fight on their hands with the Blue jackets and game 5 could have gone very differently.  Its a shame that Columbus did not go farther after outing one of the bests regular season teams ever.  But one point I made held true. The Sabres gave Tampa all they could handle 4 times  and that during a horrendous year minus the 10 game streak and the beginning Housley then found a way to scuttle the ship.

Didn't see much of this I was on vacation.

Sad to see the Canes can't even muster one win.

Never saw that coming.

So I wonder if they make a big run at Bob to solidify their goaltending weakness.

Now that golf season is in full swing (pun intended), I just can't watch any more of the Gary Bettman parity (or is it parody?) bush league hockey. Blown calls not made, blown calls made, it's unbelievable. There I've said it. 😟

See ya next year fellas.  FORE!!!!!