Petr Mrazek doing OK in Carolina

Petr Mrazek who was a total failure for Philly has the Hurricanes in the Conference Finals.  I have not seen any of his games, but he had solid numbers during the regular season for Carolina and must be doing something right to get this far in playoffs. So I guess its safe to say our team was horribly coached by Hakstol or we really suck or both. Does anyone have any input on this? 

12 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Petr Mrazek who was a total failure for Philly has the Hurricanes in the Conference Finals.  I have not seen any of his games, but he had solid numbers during the regular season for Carolina and must be doing something right to get this far in playoffs. So I guess its safe to say our team was horribly coached by Hakstol or we really suck or both. Does anyone have any input on this? 

I think Mrazek is a fairly capable netminder behind a team that plays a disciplined game and gives him some leeway when he takes himself out of position. That's not been the hallmark of the Flyers for quite some time, probably dating back before Hakstol.

The Canes are also led by a three-time Cup winner who also has a Conn Smythe in his pocket. JDub knows what it takes and his team has bought in.

Mrazek had good numbers in Detroit and has posted good numbers in Carolina.

The outlier for him is the Flyers, who made the playoffs with the fewest wins and most OTLs of any team in last year's playoff.

Hakstol wasn't a great NHL coach and should have been let go after last season despite "making the playoffs." But from where I sit, the team wasn't "a good NHL coach" away from being terribly much better than it was.

Mrazek doing well in Carolina - or anywhere really - is the necessary corollary of him sucking, or getting vertigo, or ebola, or whatever horrible thing happens to goalies when they enter Philly city limits. 

Well I don't miss him and his play on the road isn't good.

He gets waaay out of position and is spastic in his crease....more like lucky.

I remember the Caps missing many many empty nets in their last two games.

But hockey is a game of luck.

So will the Canes resign both or chase Bob this offseason?

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Pat Maroon just scored the game winner in 2OT for St. Louis.  . . .. once some people leave us, they find redemption.

Funny....He is now playing for the coach that banished him from Philly in the first place. It could be that he finally grew up(mentally).

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Pat Maroon just scored the game winner in 2OT for St. Louis.  . . .. once some people leave us, they find redemption.

Same old song and dance (que Aerosmith).... player/coach/goalie sucks here, then goes on to be impacting elsewhere 

Could it be an overall management issue?

Archived