The team so far

Flyingswede

Hi! not being here for a couple of years. After the big rebuild from GM to coach and team I have watched every game again from start of this season. How do you all feel about the season and the team? I must say I really like what I see. So far I like how A.V is coaching the team and alot of exciting names on the roster looking good. Hart, Lindblom, Hayes, Konecny and last night Farabee. Read about stupid moves by Fletcher , giving away pics and overpaying players. Thats not good but hope he knows what he is doing, I can live with the costs as long its a winning roster. Anyway im looking forward to this season, i like how we play. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

25 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Fletch scared some people over the summer but so far he looks like a genius.  

Lol at the fact that there's a 50-50 chance that Fletch makes you regret this post before the day is over.

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flyingswede said:

Hi! not being here for a couple of years. After the big rebuild from GM to coach and team I have watched every game again from start of this season. How do you all feel about the season and the team? I must say I really like what I see. So far I like how A.V is coaching the team and alot of exciting names on the roster looking good. Hart, Lindblom, Hayes, Konecny and last night Farabee. Read about stupid moves by Fletcher , giving away pics and overpaying players. Thats not good but hope he knows what he is doing, I can live with the costs as long its a winning roster. Anyway im looking forward to this season, i like how we play. 

Hey, welcome back!   Agreed all around.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flyingswede said:

Welcome back!! Great to see you!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 7:57 AM, Digityman said:

So far so good.  Fletch scared some people over the summer but so far he looks like a genius.  

Genius?

If by that you mean he hasn't completely destroyed the franchise....yet...I'm totally in agreement. 

Pretty hard to judge Fletch this early. The best we can do is project -- which is reason number one for having a forum like this.

So far it looks like changing up the coaching staff was by far his best decision. That shouldn't be a shocker given how bad Hakstol was, but Fletch made that call, so he deserves the credit. He also brought in two other former head coaches, which isn't necessarily something most GMs would have done.

They don't have an amazing starting record or anything, but they're playing a different style of game than what they have in recent memory. They're far more up tempo and pushing the play than they were under Hakstol. That's a coaching thing first and foremost to me. Also the def is playing significantly different than Hakstol's approach of sitting them back and having them fire shots from barely in the zone. Again, that strikes me as a coaching thing.

So yeah, AV is doing very well in my opinion, despite their record not really showing it yet. Is it a winning system? I hope so. It's a more interesting one to watch if nothing else.

It helps that TK and Lindblom seem to be coming into their own too! And this system definitely seems to be working much better for a high skill guy like Provo.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Flyer fans are genetically equipped with the ability to judge anyine too early

And we're good at it!

I will never forget this moment: my 40th birthday, at the game vs BOS at Wells Fargo, Bruin goes down, concussed. After a while, he finally gets up and goes off the ice with the help of two teammates. Players on both teams bang their sticks in a show of sportsmanship. Some Flyer fans are booing. Other Flyer fans are clapping in a show of sportsmanship. Still other Flyer fans are booing the ones who are clapping. Epic Philly sports moment for me. Never been more proud.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I will never forget this moment: my 40th birthday, at the game vs BOS at Wells Fargo, Bruin goes down, concussed. After a while, he finally gets up and goes off the ice with the help of two teammates. Players on both teams bang their sticks in a show of sportsmanship. Some Flyer fans are booing. Other Flyer fans are clapping in a show of sportsmanship. Still other Flyer fans are booing the ones who are clapping. Epic Philly sports moment for me. Never been more proud.

The coffin at the eagle v. redskin game, and ensuing fight with a Sixer player, will become legendary