Wild vs. Oilers 12/12/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Really surprised he wasn't pulled after that one, But not really his fault either.

Smith has been bowling shoe ugly tonight, and I thought he might be pulled after goal #4. Yes, it was odd-man, but the fact remains that he had given up 4 goal on 11 shots up to that point. I could see if the Oilers are playing tomorrow, but they're not.

• Haha 1

All Four Lines Get Involved in Minnesota's 6-5 Win Over Edmonton

The good, the Wild got offensive contributions from all 4 lines.  The bad news, too many defensive let downs and I hope we stop hearing how Kahkonen is so freakin' amazing.  He had some timely saves but he also was beat pretty easily up high tonight.  I thought Soucy had another fantastic game while Suter and Dumba looked lazy and slow...we're lucky we didn't throw that one away.  Full game recap, some prospect news and MN High School hockey rankings too...

14 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I'll throw a Wild guess - the Wild wild be outshot and outplayed like in the previous games. The question is, can they handle the pressure and freeze MacnDrai? And most importantly, whoever starts in the net, has to be stellar. Okay so McLellan thinks KK is going to get the start.

Seems like BB is in his right mind and sniffs a chance to change the team's course with the rookie goalie. The attempt is right, hopefully though KK doesn't go binningtons and do it. The Wild could use some new blood at center, via draft.

A bad tank loss. Another below average performance by the opposing team's goalie. The Wild just can't catch a break. In previous years those goalies used to be venomous to the Wild.

People may be critical of KK but: the fact of the matter is of all the rookie goalies with at least 4 games he has the highest SV% and winning %. The only negative I can think of he's ruining a bad season. Hopefully the management has seen enough, they send him back to Iowa and let Dubnyk "do his thing".

Soucy seems to be the next bright spot in the Wild's drafting history. He seems to get better in every game.

So you know who's the next guy Suter asks to be traded...

• Like 2

i like how greenway is always smiling. he scores a goal and the nurse slashes him and he smiles at him.

Him and nurse get in a fight, where it looks like nurse got the upper hand, and greenway is smiling at him. 

It has to get under their skin. it would get under mine. haha, i love it

new streak beginning. go wild!!

• Like 2

Well, we had a win in regulation against the top team of the Pacific Division. Agree with LIG, that our team showed the character and was able to produce goals out of all 4 lines, which is not happening very often for us. I think Kahkonen was a pretty consistent in his previous 3 games by losing only 2 goals per game in regulation . His last game yesterday maybe was not the best one , but I was impressed how the Wild team was able to find the way to put 6 goals in regulation and win. Anyway Kaapo is getting a very valuable NHL experience and in his 4 NHL games has got 3-0-1, which is not bad stats at all for the young rookie. My feelings that Boudreau started to have a nice trust in him too and probably seen him as a 2nd Binnington for the Wild team.