Game 32: Flyers at Jets 12/15/19 at 5 PM

OccamsRazor

Well they are certainly beat and on a downward spiral i hope they can find a way out of. 

The power play getting fixed would help a lot.

Guys need to dig deep ain't no one coming to save them....they are going to have to do this. It can be done.

zack_hill_flyers_oskar_lindblom.jpg

Let's get the win and stop this losing streak. It starts today!!!!! Go Flyers.

I won't be able to check it out sadly. I have friends in town and will be entertaining them. Still i will check in when i can. Enjoy. Doing my part now to start the game thread.

• Like 1

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS (based on Saturday's starters, injuries, and line juggling)

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek/ 48 Morgan Frost
25 James van Riemsdyk - 13 Kevin Hayes - 49 Joel Farabee / 93 Jakub Voracek
25 JVR/ 49 Farabee/ 28 Giroux - 48 Morgan Frost - [various]
72 David Kase - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 44 Chris Stewart

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hägg

37 Brian Elliott
[79 Carter Hart]

Power Play 1: Giroux, JVR, Couturier, Voracek, Gostisbehere
Power Play 2: Hayes, Frost, Farabee, Provorov, Niskanen

Scratches: 21 Scott Laughton (undisclosed injury on Sat., status unknown), 18 Tyler Pitlick (undisclosed injury on Saturday, status unknown), 11 Travis Konecny (concussion, indefinite), 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season).
LTIR: 12 Michael Raffl (broken right pinky finger), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

JETS

81 Kyle Connor - 55 Mark Scheifele - 29 Patrik Laine
27 Nikolaj Ehlers - 26 Blake Wheeler - 28 Jack Roslovic
9 Andrew Copp - 17 Adam Lowry - 85 Mathieu Perreault
57 Gabriel Bourque - 21 Nicholas Shore - 38 Logan Shaw

44 Josh Morrissey - 3 Tucker Poolman
5 Luca Sbisa - 4 Neal Pionk
2 Anthony Bitetto - 88 Nathan Beaulieu

37 Connor Hellebuyck
30 Laurent Brossoit

Power Play 1: Connor, Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine, Pionk
Power Play 2: Roslovic, Copp, Ehlers, Morrissey, Perreault

Scratches: 23 Carl Dahlström (healthy), 19 David Gustafsson (healthy), 46 Joona Luoto (healthy), 18 Bryan Little (ear), 7 Dmitry Kulikov (upper body)
INR/Suspended: 33 Dustin Byfuglien (ankle)

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that the club has recalled right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel and left wing Carsen Twarynski from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

In addition, the Flyers have placed forwards Travis Konecny and Oskar Lindblom on Injured Reserve and listed Lindblom and Samuel Morin on Long-Term Injury.

The announcement comes on Sunday from President of Hockey Operations & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher after a pair of injuries sustained to Scott Laughton and Tyler Pitlick from Saturday's 4-1 loss at Minnesota.

Both Aube-Kubel and Twarynski will be available for Sunday evening's Flyers-Jets game at Winnipeg (5 p.m. ET, NBCSP + and 93.3 WMMR).

This is Aube-Kubel's first recall to the Flyers this season. He has five goals and eight points, along with a plus-minus rating of +4 through 25 games with the Phantoms this season, his fifth with the organization since being drafted in 2014 (2nd Round, 48th overall).

7 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Both Aube-Kubel and Twarynski will be available for Sunday evening's Flyers-Jets game at Winnipeg (5 p.m. ET, NBCSP + and 93.3 WMMR).

Imagine the logistics of getting that flight figured out....Leigh Valley was at home last night right?

Probably still in the air!.... ;)

With all these injuries, the Flyers are REALLY gonna find out what they have in short order.
And the spotlight will shine even brighter on the team vets..... if they don't perform, Philly might want to re-evaluate who the leaders on this team should be moving forward.

This game got ugly quick.
However, Flyers don't seem to be folding the tents.

Scored their second with under 30 ticks left in the period.
They still have 40 minutes to come up with 4 more.

The Jets defense has looked sloppy this game.... if the Flyers stay tenacious, they still have a shot.

20 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

WTH.  Called a 5 min major for a late hit?  Thats some BS there.

Yea, I didn't understand that.
I thought maybe there was some rule I didn't know about.

Late hit...interference, two minutes...sure.
Perrault's head wasn't hit....looked like he took it straight to the chest.

Major for that though? Why?
Because Butter Perreault was shaken up?

And I call him that because it seems at least 3 or 4 times a year, Perreault gets rocked by some hit (legal usually), and he looks like he just barely survived Hiroshima.
Guy plays with his head down a lot, looking the wrong way.... guy has an "unawares" issue...and one of these days, its gonna be the end of him.

Reminds me of Kris Letang.

Carter Hart in?
Really? I am no Elliot fan, but can he really be blamed for the glut of goals scored by the Jets?

The defense was dicey at best for Philadelphia and the major didn't help.

I wouldn't have thrown Hart in the middle of this mess, even though the Flyers looked like they had a little something towards the end of the 1st.
I would have let Elliot "take one for the team" and if the team rebounds, then he can benefit from that as well.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

With all these injuries, the Flyers are REALLY gonna find out what they have in short order.
And the spotlight will shine even brighter on the team vets..... if they don't perform, Philly might want to re-evaluate who the leaders on this team should be moving forward.

As you can see our leaders have responded in typical fashion...they were invisible.  But JVR the 4am special, scored an irrelevant goal when the game is all but over .

50 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, I didn't understand that.
I thought maybe there was some rule I didn't know about.

Late hit...interference, two minutes...sure.
Perrault's head wasn't hit....looked like he took it straight to the chest.

Major for that though? Why?
Because Butter Perreault was shaken up?

I think that was probably the exact reason. From the NHL rulebook, section 56.4:

"Major Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of violence, to a player guilty of interfering with an opponent."

It wouldn't be so bad if the referees showed any sort of consistency in these things. Other refs would have watched that happen 5 feet away from them and not done a damned thing about it. This one assesses a major.

Edited by JR Ewing
Reason for edit - wordz

35 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

As you can see our leaders have responded in typical fashion...they were invisible.  But JVR the 4am special, scored an irrelevant goal when the game is all but over .

our blueline is a mess, if they are going to move forwards, it has to be for d. the only d  i have confidence in nissy and provy,  i know brahn is struggling but that's more on sanheim. our d is not good enough, it's been this way for long time, that has to be improved in the offseason because that was the main reason why the 07 team was to make the playoffs the next year because homer improved the d.

Edited by tucson83

39 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

our blueline is a mess, if they are going to move forwards, it has to be for d. the only d  i have confidence in nissy and provy,  i know brahn is struggling but that's more on sanheim. our d is not good enough, it's been this way for long time, that has to be improved in the offseason because that was the main reason why the 07 team was to make the playoffs the next year because homer improved the d.

Our defense has improved massively since last year. We went from like 30th to 12 or 13th thats a nig improvement.  We have alot of young guys, so there are still gonna be ups and downs. Braun is struggling true, Sanheim who was our best guy last year is having an off year. Meyers looks great, Provy has totally bounced back and Nisk is good. We are not losing.due to our defense , we are losing due to lack of offense . 

Any trades that are made has to be for a goal scorer , especially with Lindbloms career possibly over and JVR and Voracek being useless. Our defense is going to improve even more as they gain more experience. Defense is nowhere near as much of a problem as our lack of scoring. 

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Our defense has improved massively since last year. We went from like 30th to 12 or 13th thats a big improvement.  We have alot of young guys, so there are still gonna be ups and downs. Braun is struggling true, Sanheim who was our best guy last year is having an off year. Meyers looks great, Provy has totally bounced back and Nisk is good. We are not losing.due to our defense , we are losing due to lack of offense . 

Any trades that are made has to be for a goal scorer , especially with Lindbloms career possibly over and JVR and Voracek being useless. Our defense is going to improve even more as they gain more experience. Defense is nowhere near as much of a problem as our lack of scoring.