Game 53: Flyers at Red Wings; 2/3/20 @ 7:30 PM

Howie58

7 of 8 points the last 4  games, including skating  with and beating the Avs and 3 of 4 pts vs the Pens....but yes, let find some stupid **** to complain about.

In the third period alone I saw 3 odd man rushes started by the "do nothing captain" that were + scoring chances that weren't finished.

The team is deeper this year and that's a good thing, other guys are scoring and that's a good thing, other guys are stepping up that's a great thing.  

But yes let's keep beating the drum that Giroux sucks,  cause i don't even know. 

Christ, how about saving that stupid ****** argument for when the boys lose at least ?

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Sam Carchidi with the update on the goalies before the game:

Hart wasn't even on the bench. Elliot was on the ice in gear. This is five minutes before the game started.

That is today's reporting....you don't have to be right you just have to be first breaking the news....eventually you'll be right....it's like Rick's predictions if you will....

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

7 of 8 points the last 4  games, including skating  with and beating the Avs and 3 of 4 pts vs the Pens....but yes, let find some stupid **** to complain about.

In the third period alone I saw 3 odd man rushes started by the "do nothing captain" that were + scoring chances that weren't finished.

The team is deeper this year and that's a good thing, other guys are scoring and that's a good thing, other guys are stepping up that's a great thing.  

But yes let's keep beating the drum that Giroux sucks,  cause i don't even know. 

Christ, how about saving that stupid ****** argument for when the boys lose at least ?

Here we go again

So you dont think Giroux deserves any criticism? In your estimation he is playing great, and should be left alone because other players are stepping up and winning games?

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Jeez, "Ninja Emojis" just don't hold the same weight they used to around here!!...

Let me try again; "Hooray! We're winning again....1st line looked HOT tonight! Giroux with a couple stretch passes and JVR with the....um....OH GOD screw it, I can't do it! :)

Cheers buddy!

Also, your cat is very cute.....:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Also, Also.....Please try to refrain from calling my opinion "Stupid ****"....we all can't be as right as you.

On a lighter note how good has Farabee...

View image on Twitter

...been 6 points in the last 7 games they have really needed him to step after losing Lindblom.

I hope he continues to trend upwards the team needs his production. Another trap game is looming vs Devils.

Then a stretch on the road vs Caps. Then a back to back 4 point games at home vs Panthers and the next day vs Isles.

Huge games and must wins. Then after a day off on the road they go vs Panthers and then the Lightning.

By then we'll know if these guys are for real or pretenders. And as if that wasn't enough they then have a home 4 point game vs Blue Jackets and then a day off followed by a road game vs the Blue Jackets for another 4 points. 

Then we'll know if they will be buyers or sellers i think by the deadline. So strap up Goel Farabee they will need you. Or and anyone else feel free to step up and help!

• Haha 1

HAHA!! That's awesome!....Fara-Bee. I'm ALMOST too young to know who that hot chick is in the Bee Costume! :)

My kid LOVES Farabee! He's been a beast lately. Or maybe just in the right place at right time?...but yes, his production (you know, ACTUAL POINTS) are very much needed on this team right now seeing how our..... AH, nevermind. I was almost STUPID again.

Caught myself this time! :smileyandcomputer:

49 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Here we go again

So you dont think Giroux deserves any criticism? In your estimation he is playing great, and should be left alone because other players are stepping up and winning games?

yes, here we go again, I told everyone as much the first time we joined this discussion, but it isn't really the main point though.  

The team just went out and beat a team they should beat, it wasn't close and everyone played pretty well.

However this doesn't seem to be enough, so yes, I think this constant questioning of one player when the team is playing well is really stupid.

If he's getting worked 5 v 5 ( he's not) if he's getting  smoked in the corners, ( he's not ) if he's not generating chances for his linemates (he is) if the team is tanking ( it isn't)  I'll grab a pitch fork and walk right along side you. However, that's not what's happening. 

Everyone else is raising their level and thank god the team doesn't have to rely on him carrying them as he has over the last 6 years of not good teams. 

The guy isn't scoring- so all the scouts in our number think he's loafing and I don't know wtf people are watching, I'm not seeing that. 

I have definitely said he isn't putting up the numbers we're used to multiple times on this site, I've even said maybe he's losing a step.

That after a nice 3-0 win, where the team outclassed it's opponent everywhere on the ice ( as it should )  people have to pick a scab. I think that's stupid. 

42 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Let me try again; "Hooray! We're winning again....1st line looked HOT tonight! Giroux with a couple stretch passes and JVR with the....um....OH GOD screw it, I can't do it! :)

Cheers buddy!

Also, your cat is very cute.....:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Also, Also.....Please try to refrain from calling my opinion "Stupid ****"....we all can't be as right as you.

I understand sarcasm. 

That cat is bad...she wrecks our house and were it not for my daughter loving her, she would be heading to a farm upstate somewhere.

Notice I called your opinion stupid and not you though.  I think stupid things too, it happens to everyone.

36 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

yes, here we go again, I told everyone as much the first time we joined this discussion, but it isn't really the main point though.  

The team just went out and beat a team they should beat, it wasn't close and everyone played pretty well.

However this doesn't seem to be enough, so yes, I think this constant questioning of one player when the team is playing well is really stupid.

If he's getting worked 5 v 5 ( he's not) if he's getting  smoked in the corners, ( he's not ) if he's not generating chances for his linemates (he is) if the team is tanking ( it isn't)  I'll grab a pitch fork and walk right along side you. However, that's not what's happening. 

Everyone else is raising their level and thank god the team doesn't have to rely on him carrying them as he has over the last 6 years of not good teams. 

The guy isn't scoring- so all the scouts in our number think he's loafing and I don't know wtf people are watching, I'm not seeing that. 

I have definitely said he isn't putting up the numbers we're used to multiple times on this site, I've even said maybe he's losing a step.

That after a nice 3-0 win, where the team outclassed it's opponent everywhere on the ice ( as it should )  people have to pick a scab. I think that's stupid. 

Giroux earned the constant questioning. Whe you are the best player on your team, and you dont play to that level, criticism is just.

You see him doing alot of things right. I see him not doing the things he's expected to do. For the Flyers to be successful (i dont consider just making the PO a success), he will need to be an imapct player. They beat DET 3-0, with the game still in question in the 3rd. Hayes is the one who stepped up and made the crucial play.

We have seen this team go into slumps. I have no confidence it wont happen again, not when the captain is playing the way he is

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Michael Raffl is playing in his 454th regular season game for the franchise tonight... that number takes him past Mike Richards.

It's just another game.

He should go to West German BMW.

• Haha 1

So, they mentioned on the Flyers' feed last night that Ghost is near returning and guessed that Hagg would probably sit.

Hagg has actually played well, I think.  So, do you sit Hagg for Ghost?

Or does Myers sit for a game. Or Braun?    Or does Ghost sit until there's a reason to sit someone else?

Hagg is playing ok, doing his job. But he just doesnt have the upside Ghost does. I would hope Ghost sitting out has mafe him hungry and pushed his reset button. With the PP struggling, I think he has to be in.  Plus,  and this is just an assumption, if there are any thoughts of moving him at the deadline, showcasing him could up his value

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This must have went over my head please explain so I can laugh too....or cry...

Mike Richards did ads for West German BMW here in Philly Backinnaday

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This must have went over my head please explain so I can laugh too....or cry...

You probably would have had to have been local when Richards played here.   Or Centre Ice accidentally carried the Philly feed.

West German BMW is a BMW dealership local to Philly.  Richards was their sports celebrity schlump on their commercials--during Flyers' games, anyway.  He delivered all of his lines like a hostage victim.  

• Haha 1