If we make a trade it better be for a top 6 player

RonJeremy

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I wish they would. The Ghost of a few years ago would be a fair trade, but Ghost ‘s value is diminished now. So at this point we might have to throw in something else.

Ghost and a 2nd for Domi would be great. 

Tell you the truth, the market has started high for blah defensemen so so long as it's done pre-deadline we could get a good deal (i still don't think Domi).  If we wait until season we'll be lucky for a 3rd round pick. 

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Ghost and a 2nd for Domi would be great. 

Tell you the truth, the market has started high for blah defensemen so so long as it's done pre-deadline we could get a good deal (i still don't think Domi).  If we wait until season we'll be lucky for a 3rd round pick. 

Agreed. If we're gonna trade Ghost trade him now.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:17 PM, RonJeremy said:

I wish they would. The Ghost of a few years ago would be a fair trade, but Ghost ‘s value is diminished now. So at this point we might have to throw in something else.

Or just stand Pat and let some of the new guys get more minutes and not block them from moving up the lineup. Like NAK.

Over the past 15 games, Nicolas Aube Kubel has scored the same amount of goals & points as Ilya Kovalchuk
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, JR Ewing said:

None of these are realistic possibilities.

Fowler - he's signed for another 6 years after this, and the Ducks have been pretty happy with him, but that would be ignoring the biggest obstacle: he has a No-Movement Clause, and would have to offer up a list of only 4 cities where he's willing to be traded.

Vlasic - you don't want to get him now. He has a lot of miles on him, is definitely entering the decline phase of his career, and is still signed to a $7M deal for the next 6 years. That would be a hard pass for me.

Ekblad - why would the Panthers be even 1% motivated to move him?

Ok then...what about McDavid?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Or just stand Pat and let some of the new guys get more minutes and not block them from moving up the lineup. Like NAK.

Over the past 15 games, Nicolas Aube Kubel has scored the same amount of goals & points as Ilya Kovalchuk

And I thought Kovy was going to just keep on rolling his way into another $100 million contract.

Lol hard pass on Marner. I just don't think he's worth $11M for what his game brings, and it would break apart our roster too much. 

Plus, he's made it pretty clear he's a me-first guy.  AND his dad represents him. 

No effin' thanks. Been there, done that.

Not that it would ever happen anyway! 

Kapanen for Ghost, I'd do. The Leafs have Muzzin and Barrie, true, but both are UFAs after the season. Ghost is cost-controlled for a few more at $4.5M. Pretty reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

I love it.  Trade deadline day and the discussions are about guys whonhave no chance in hell of being invovled in a trade..... unless its in a fantasy league

However, lets not lose hope, there are real trades looming and Kreider is still available. The list of potential suitors is dropping with each trade

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

However, lets not lose hope, there are real trades looming and Kreider is still available. The list of potential suitors is dropping with each trade

I think this means the Rangers ask is unreasonable.  Pass for a rental.

I don't know what player who is actually "get-able" makes the team "better" ?

I think "playing time" makes the whole of this roster better. I know no one likes Bunnaman,  he's an after thought, however, once he figured out his role- that line has been solid, they are going great right now.

I see other teams are adding guys, guys with names. But will Kovalchuk make WSH better ? or is he another mouth to feed who will then pout when he doesn't get the rock?

I don't really know how Tampa is cap compliant, they keep adding guys without shipping guys out, there mus be some voodoo going on there.

Pgh adding Zucker is probably the best add that actually does make their team better and is cause for concern.  He doesn't play defense though and I'm not sold on their corps once you get past the top pair. 

I know there's the "we believe in you so we're going to get a guy" that helps morale, but think this group would benefit from "we believe in you, now go prove us right" .

I won't be upset if the Trade deadline passes and the Flyers roster is largely unchanged. 

I also wouldn't be opposed to Ghost for young fast forward either, Domi or Kapeanen...I don't think that will happen. 

The Pens, Caps and Isles all landed good players . I hope Fletcher doesn’t make a dumb trade like Carter or Staal . Just to keep up. We are not one player away from the Cup, I wouldn’t waste any assets on some diminishing  35 year old guy. Save the assets for a trade to help the team going forward.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The Pens, Caps and Isles all landed good players . I hope Fletcher doesn’t make a dumb trade like Carter or Staal . Just to keep up. We are not one player away from the Cup, I wouldn’t waste any assets on some diminishing  35 year old guy. Save the assets for a trade to help the team going forward.

And...just like that we get a 35 year old guy!

• Haha 1