Briere out indefinitely with a concussion

Guest brelic

Unbelievable - that hit from Volchenkov gave him a concussion? We all saw the hit...did it really look that bad? Not to me, not at the time and not on the replay.

So no Jagr tomorrow and no Briere... 2nd game of a B-2-B, an afternoon start no less, against the hottest goaltender in the NHL and probably the best team. Safe to say this one is going to be a challenge...

damn...still can't get over that - a concussion from that hit... seems to me he's taken hits 10x worse than that in his career...

Unbelievable - that hit from Volchenkov gave him a concussion? We all saw the hit...did it really look that bad? Not to me, not at the time and not on the replay.

So no Jagr tomorrow and no Briere... 2nd game of a B-2-B, an afternoon start no less, against the hottest goaltender in the NHL and probably the best team. Safe to say this one is going to be a challenge...

damn...still can't get over that - a concussion from that hit... seems to me he's taken hits 10x worse than that in his career...

i noticed him get hit several times... many were taking a hit to make a play and they were somewhat off camera. who knows which one it was, but i even remarked to my wife that i can't recall seeing lil paul mccartney getting beat up so much. he's usually too slippery.

....the perfect storm. At least we got 2 points today. If they can pull off a win tomorrow, well, that's just the icing on the cake.

Sestito and Holmstrom have been recalled for tomorrow...

Carchidi and Isaac see the lines as being

Hartnell/G/Schenn

Read/Coots/Simmonds

Voracek/Talbot/Z

Sestito/Homlstrom/Shelley

Blake Kessel is playing wing tonight for the Phantoms.. to plug in the holes left by Holmstrom and Sestito.

Sestito and Holmstrom have been recalled for tomorrow...

Carchidi and Isaac see the lines as being

Hartnell/G/Schenn

Read/Coots/Simmonds

Voracek/Talbot/Z

Sestito/Homlstrom/Shelley

Blake Kessel is playing wing tonight for the Phantoms.. to plug in the holes left by Holmstrom and Sestito.

Who is Isaac?

Also, wouldn't Voracek be better on the RightWing with his size and speed as a left hand shot v. Zinaldo?

sweet... think the league takes a look at it?

Briere looked fine after the high stick late in the 3rd. Volchenkov's hit was shoulder to head and I think that was what did it. It would not have taken more than that.

While it would suck for Volchenkov, the league should take a look at it because it sure appeared that principal point of contact was the head. I understand why it happened, but I don't think the league is trying to omit short players from the head shot rules.

Unreal, all I can say...too many head injuries this year....

Briere out for concussion is not a bad thing, he has not done anything lately, so maybe we can get some fresh blood there and new chemistry with Flyers youngsters...for a while its been Couturier, Read...even Schen who has been looking okey, cant say good but okey, and great to see Hartsy get 2 last night...hope they will pick it up now with G...

Jagr....hhmmm not sure what to say, same old problems, not good. I would resign him for 1 mil, not more than that - if he does not play for the money he should play for the less.

Go Flyers.

i noticed him get hit several times... many were taking a hit to make a play and they were somewhat off camera. who knows which one it was, but i even remarked to my wife that i can't recall seeing lil paul mccartney getting beat up so much. he's usually too slippery.

yeah, according to one of the stories today the writer noticed those other hits too - he claimed Briere took 3 pretty hard shots, including a punch to the face by Elias. He also remarked that Briere "looked dazed after the game" and said Briere couldn't tell him which hit gave him the concussion.