Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

17 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Does AV go with Friedman ( a right hander) have him play with Provorov?

I wouldn't be against this Friedman skates very well and is sound positionally plus he has a mean streak in him despite his stature.

But i don't think AV rolls the dice on that...but i would like to see it. Kid has some offensive flare too he just seems to simplify his game when he plays and we haven't got to see much of that yet in the NHL.

It is a must too that AV does a better job deploying Thompson's line too because he has been caught with his pants down a few times and it seems like that is the line Montreal wants to target as the chink in the Flyer's armor...or if he must put them out there he has to do it without the bottom pair out there with them.

Or this type of stuff happens...

They are going to need Hart today i hope he got that out his system.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And he did this...

...he should be a Flyer legend....instantly once putting on the orange and black...

I remember that one. I don't recall, was Niskanen suspended for this? There were some wild discussions between those who claimed it was Crosby's fault because he ran into him (btw, nice slashing by Ovie prior to this) and Niskanen's haters.

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

This is now my favorite video

I sure hope NAK can suit up today...like him or not this team misses what he brings.

He's even Jason Kelce's favorite Flyer...showing support/love!!!

View image on Twitter

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wouldn't be against this Friedman skates very well and is sound positionally plus he has a mean streak in him despite his stature.

But i don't think AV rolls the dice on that...but i would like to see it. Kid has some offensive flare too he just seems to simplify his game when he plays and we haven't got to see much of that yet in the NHL.

It is a must too that AV does a better job deploying Thompson's line too because he has been caught with his pants down a few times and it seems like that is the line Montreal wants to target as the chink in the Flyer's armor...or if he must put them out there he has to do it without the bottom pair out there with them.

Or this type of stuff happens...

They are going to need Hart today i hope he got that out his system.

dont know much about Friedman , other than what you are all reporting. But, I just dont see AV doing that. They need to close this out now. Going to a game 7 would be a disasterous collapse.

With the PP struggling,  Ghost is the safe play. I dont like his defense, but I do like the team defense. Get ghost in there, and get the PP working. Based on Montreal's mental state, and the bad blood in this series, i expect the flyers to have plenty of opportunities 

1 minute ago, flyer4ever said:

If theres a fine for Niskanen I will gladly chip in. Gallagher is the poster boy for all that ails Butt turds NHL. Little wankers running around with immunity. Well this time he got what he was begging for.

If you watch the discipline video, the narrator even points out that Gallagher two cross checks Niskanen in the back first...

...of course which goes uncalled (because he plays for Montreal), Gallagher is a cheap shot bastard who got a taste of his own medicine which is what Niskanen was trying to administer the same as he did he just get penalized because he fell down right as he was about to pay him back.

30 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@eleven24

I think Ghost's shot is better too.

I think he's more accurate and his shot is heavier than Provorov's.

Unless there is something we don't know to look for, that's entirely possible, it seems like a no-brainer if Ghost is in the line up he should be on PP 1.

I wonder if he's in the line up though?

Does AV go with Friedman ( a right hander) have him play with Provorov? that keeps 2 pairs the same and most importantly to me, keeps Myers and Tall Travis together. 

I don't know what I'd think about a Myers-Provorov top pair, they could potentially play 30 minutes. But then you're still having 2 "unfamiliar " d-pairings. I also don't know how much having the rightie/lefty thing matters to the coaches.

The other benefit of Ghost being on the PP is that the PK unit stretches out a bit more to try to take away his time & space.  That opens up the middle for those Giroux seam passes.  With Provorov I think PK's are content to just let him shoot the puck or dish to the half wall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Ghost is the safe play. I dont like his defense, but I do like the team defense. Get ghost in there, and get the PP working.

I agree but he doesn't need to be paired with Braun. Those two together don't work. I would love to sit Braun all together.

In fact i would go with this...

Ivan - Hagg

Sanheim - Myers

Ghost - Friedman

I know it won't be popular but i would roll with it. Friedman would add some grit and speed to the bottom pair so it won't be so exposed when the puck is in their end.

Braun just can not get to the loose pucks near the boards and when he tries it leaves the vulnerable down low at the top of the crease when he leaves his spot.

Friedman brings mats speed and a guy who will finish his checks as well as the ability to move the puck up out the zone with his puck skill which Braun does not have.

If you remove the injury and take the exact same motions of Gallagher on Niskanen and then Niskanen on Gallager, they're identical.  Both a hard 2 handed cross check.  Both were intended to be hard 2 handed cross checks to the back.  Only difference, Gallagher spun as the hit was coming, and he's at Niskanen's chest height.

Embarrassing for Montreal fans considering far more of them have played the game than not.  Take off the bleu et rouge glasses and stop whining.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Provy has a very nasty wrister the problem is he doesn't seem to want to use it...he prefers the slow wind up give em time to get in the lane slapper.

That to me is where the lack of creativity comes in but he isn't alone most of them don't trust their wrist shots but when they get some traffic down low that is what the need so someone can pounce on the rebounds...because Price does spit em out from time to time.

The point of the d-man shooting shouldn't be to score.  It's to get the puck on net, look for a rebound, deflection, or generate the scoring chance.  Provorov shoots like he's trying to rip it through everyone in his way and into the net when more often a carefully placed wrister will create a scoring opportunity.  This is where Ghost excels.  He will fake a shot skate make a move and then throw it at the net when nobody expects him to.

• Like 1

i'm freaking out a little bit. we have to rally.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/22a93df7-1b85-408f-92d4-f77c2cb58da6

<iframe seamless="seamless" style="width: 100%; border: none; display: block; max-width: 595px; height: 460px;" src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/embed/22a93df7-1b85-408f-92d4-f77c2cb58da6?autoplay=false"> </iframe>

*gdi this embed **** never works... or i'm not doing it right.

Edited by mkscrewy

45 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i'm freaking out a little bit. we have to rally.

I'm with you.  I can see the Habs coming out flying tonight and they Flyers haven't been able to match that intensity.  If Hart doesn't have a great game, we are looking at game 7 very quickly. 

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

this isnt real, is it?

Thank God i hate this f**king clown...

I' glad this happened to the guy honestly...but i thought the comment was funny....don't report me!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/mike-milbury-criticized-after-saying-women-couldnt-disrupt-nhl-players-in-bubble/ar-BB18elrq

"If you think about it, it's a terrific environment with regard to — if you enjoy playing and enjoy being with your teammates for long periods of time, it's a perfect place," Forslund said.

Milbury responded, "Not even any woman here to disrupt your concentration."