Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

dont know much about Friedman , other than what you are all reporting. But, I just dont see AV doing that. They need to close this out now. Going to a game 7 would be a disasterous collapse.

With the PP struggling,  Ghost is the safe play. I dont like his defense, but I do like the team defense. Get ghost in there, and get the PP working. Based on Montreal's mental state, and the bad blood in this series, i expect the flyers to have plenty of opportunities 

Not sure what this means except they will juggle the pairing during the game...not sure i like that but what else can ya do?

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Thank God i hate this f**king clown...

I' glad this happened to the guy honestly...but i thought the comment was funny....don't report me!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/mike-milbury-criticized-after-saying-women-couldnt-disrupt-nhl-players-in-bubble/ar-BB18elrq

"If you think about it, it's a terrific environment with regard to — if you enjoy playing and enjoy being with your teammates for long periods of time, it's a perfect place," Forslund said.

Milbury responded, "Not even any woman here to disrupt your concentration."

Milbury is a total bag of dicks. He can go **** off!

That is all

• Good Post 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Provy has a very nasty wrister the problem is he doesn't seem to want to use it...he prefers the slow wind up give em time to get in the lane slapper.

Mark Howe used the wrist shot as a lethal weapon. I'd guess 1/3 of his assists came off his wrist shot from the point.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Milbury responded, "Not even any woman here to disrupt your concentration."

Of all the stupid idiotic moronic imbecilic comments that Milbury makes...THIS is the one that gets him suspended. I mean, I actually agree with him here. Its the ONLY thing he's ever said that I agree with.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Of all the stupid idiotic moronic imbecilic comments that Milbury makes...THIS is the one that gets him suspended. I mean, I actually agree with him here. Its the ONLY thing he's ever said that I agree with.

I just have this crazy idea that the NHL was tired of the crap job he was doing, and was looking for a reason to dump his ass. I agree with you that this was really a nothing comment

Sunce Nisky cant break his fat, flabby face, this is the next best thing

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I agree with you that this was really a nothing comment

As FC said of all his comments this is the one that pisses them off???

No it is an excuse to can him and i am glad they did it.

Can not stand that turd. Good riddance! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

You must've missed what he said last week when there was a longer than usual delay after a penalty call..."Make the call and drop the damn puck" or something like that.

I just don't get it.  The PP goal for the Flyers was the result of Ghost faking a pass in the NZ and then carrying it in to the half wall and finding a cross ice seam pass.  Creativity.  When he got the crumbs of the last PP there he was down behind the net, pulled the puck out front and had a chance.

I love Provy, but my God if AV can't see the dimension Ghost adds to the PP I don't know what he's looking at.

Maybe Ghost kicked AV's dog at the team BBQ or something.

I had a thought that a good reason for MTL having such speed on the PK is that they can anticipate where the puck is going to go, and can get there ahead of time. This indicates predictability, as others have already outlined 

Well, this is redemptive. Eight years without a series win was an awful comment on the franchise. AV rates a Martini.  

As I said to SCFlyer a few nights ago, I think we saw how much a Lindblom or a healthy Patrick might have been.  We don't have much offensive creativity.  I also think Hayes has become our de facto First Line Center. 

A win is a win.   

• Like 2

That was 4 wins i don't want to talk about a whole lot. 

Pretty decent result for a rudderless group of light running pansies. 

They won not playing their game vs a team playing with house money, that has a LOT of speed.

They haven't beaten the Isles this year,  let's hope they find more room against b them. The isles aren't as  fast 1-12  as the Habs, but they have some super stars in the making.  This will be a great test. 

I think Hart gives our boys a slight edge. 

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Provy has a very nasty wrister the problem is he doesn't seem to want to use it...

I'll take credit for that first goal...thank you...

Certainly not the best game.

Man I have to say I love the physical passionate play of Shayne Gostisbehere tonight.

I loved him shoving Kotkaniemi into the boards at about 5:28 of the 3rd over the loose puck impressive as hell Shayne.

I am happy this series is over.

Props to Montreal for putting up one hell of a fight.

Flyers had to earn it out there every minute.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That was 4 wins i don't want to talk about a whole lot. 

I know right.

It was waaay harder than I thought it would be after that round robin.

They fought well tonight.

Thank God for Hart.

Goodnight.

Rest up Flyguys...

Enjoy....

Carter Hart became the fifth different active netminder to earn a series-clinching win at age 22 or younger:

Carey Price (Gm. 7 2008 CQF)

Semyon Varlamov (Gm. 7 2009 CQF)

Matt Murray (4x; last: Gm. 6 2016 SCF)

Braden Holtby (Gm. 7 2012 CQF)

Edited by OccamsRazor
Trust The Bourbon!!!!