Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Paybacks a bitch...what i can't believe is whining as Weber was complaining about that. Suzuki started it with Hart Flyers just got the last laugh...fug em!!!!!!!

Also notice Hart took a hold of Suzuki outside the scrum.

Carter will be your Huckleberry,  I hope he said " I can't whoop your ass now, because we have to shake hands-then you're going home "

• Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Also notice Hart took a hold of Suzuki outside the scrum.

Carter will be your Huckleberry,  I hope he said " I can't whoop your ass now, because we have to shake hands-then you're going home "

I am sure glad that series is over. Man i thought it would be over in 5.

The Canadiens have a good squad they just need another finished or two to add to what they have.

The bad news is Price isn't getting any younger.

Too me it feels like the Flyers under estimated Montreal and got punched in the face. They can not afford to come out like that vs the Isles.

I expect the Flyers PP to get going vs the Isles suspect PK.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Mark Howe used the wrist shot as a lethal weapon. I'd guess 1/3 of his assists came off his wrist shot from the point.

Don't get me wrong i loved seeing him blow up Suzuki last night, but this here was his most impressive play...

Aug_22_2020_02_36_28.gif

That is how you out hustle a guy and lean on him and use leverage to get that puck best play i have seen from Ghost in a long long time.

Jesperi is 6-2 200 and Ghost is 5-10 185....Flyers need more plays like this...hard to sit him after he played this well last night.

It's one thing to separate the guy from the puck but to come out of it with it too. Impressive Shayne keep it up!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't get me wrong i loved seeing him blow up Suzuki last night, but this here was his most impressive play...

Aug_22_2020_02_36_28.gif

That is how you out hustle a guy and lean on him and use leverage to get that puck best play i have seen from Ghost in a long long time.

Jesperi is 6-2 200 and Ghost is 5-10 185....Flyers need more plays like this...hard to sit him after he played this well last night.

It's one thing to separate the guy from the puck but to come out of it with it too. Impressive Shayne keep it up!!!

Ghosts best game in awhile. I hope it continues...especially if Niskanen continues the way he's going.

• Like 1

Man, at the risk of sounding like an ungrateful Philly sports fan, that had to be the least satisfying playoff series win I've ever experienced. The Flyers looked like a completely different team to the one we saw during the regular season. None of those games were fun to watch, and the "real Flyers" this year were a lot of fun to watch. I wonder if this is how Devils fans felt during the 90s and 2000s...?

I'm sure some of it was down to the Canadiens' play taking Philly off their game, but man I hope they find themselves again in time for the next series. The intensity and execution I think will have to go up several notches to get by the Isles.

I'd like to see NAK in for Thompson and Ghost in for Braun and used in O-zone starts and PP time. 

Let's go Flyers!

Edited by Lucky13

2 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

Man, at the risk of sounding like an ungrateful Philly sports fan, that had to be the least satisfying playoff series win I've ever experienced.

Yeah it wasn't sent but they found a way to win 4 and look that way.

Guess we'll see what we have in store.

None of those games were fun to watch

I agree.

If you held a gun to my head and make we one that enjoyed the most I would say game 1.

I'd like to see NAK in for Thompson and Ghost in for Braun and used in O-zone starts and PP time. 

Let's go Flyers!

Yeah I can do that.

Who is your 4th line center?

Do you have JVR in?

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree.

If you held a gun to my head and make we one that enjoyed the most I would say game 1.

Yeah I can do that.

Do you have JVR in?

Hart with 2 consecutive shutouts was pretty badass

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Hart with 2 consecutive shutouts was pretty badass

Yeah but i was so nervous (can't remember if i enjoyed it till it was over) i am still trying to get the couch cushions out my crack...maybe TMI but no i won't be upset one bit if the Flyers want to be them by something 5-3 4-2 i always like having one to give...

...i hope they come out ready to go. Hasn't seemed like home ice mattered much didn't the home team go 1-5??

But it seems like it matters them scoring first 7-0 when they score first.

Rest up Hart wonder if we see Elliott for second half of back to backs? Got to get the grill going.

Humidity is a little better tonight two nights ago it was 94%...

Trust The Bourbon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree.

Yeah I can do that.

Do you have JVR in?

They could have Grant center the 4th line. So 14, 13, 21 and 38 for centers. 

JVR's been a non-factor but I can't decide if the team gains anything by subbing in someone like Frost or Bunnaman or _____ ? I worry that Frost might not be ready for the playoffs but it's not like I'd be upset if that sat JVR and plugged in just about anyone to see what happens. Or just leave JVR in and hope he eventually shows up for a game or two like the guy from the Boston series back in the day. 

3 minutes ago, Lucky13 said:

Or just leave JVR in and hope he eventually shows up for a game or two like the guy from the Boston series back in the day. 

Yeah I get it i hate to leave a former 30 goal scorer in the press box when they need goals.

In AV I trust.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Trust The Bourbon!!!!

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah I get it i hate to leave a former 30 goal scorer in the press box when they need goals.

In AV I trust.

JVR is so weird...it's not like he's killing them with terrible turnovers or abysmal defense to the point where it's obviously addition by subtraction if you pull him in favor of anyone at all...he's just kinda there taking up space and shifts. He's the definition of someone waiting to lose his roster spot to a player who fulfills any role better than JVR fulfills his.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky13 said:

JVR is so weird...it's not like he's killing them with terrible turnovers or abysmal defense to the point where it's obviously addition by subtraction if you pull him in favor of anyone at all...he's just kinda there taking up space and shifts. He's the definition of someone waiting to lose his roster spot to a player who fulfills any role better than JVR fulfills his.

Shorter: JVR blows. Always. Forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucky13 said:

Shorter: JVR blows. Always. Forever.

• Like 1

Bunnaman hasnt done much when hes played. 

I want JVR to sit, preferably on a bus out of town, but not for a guy who doesnt bring even slighlty more. If Bunnaman cant even do that, I dont have much hope for him

There has to be a better option 

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Bunnaman hasnt done much when hes played. 

I want JVR to sit, preferably on a bus out of town, but not for a guy who doesnt bring even slighlty more. If Bunnaman cant even do that, I dont have much hope for him

There has to be a better option 

Disagree.

Bunnaman has shown that he at least has that organ that is critical to any success at the sport of hockey, whether at the NHL level or at PeeWee level: a beating heart with a discernible pulse. JVR does not have that. He's literally a useless sack of sh!t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a shift where JVR actually looked like his smarts and interests where in sync, like Jimmy Neutron.

It was just that one shift(think game 5?), but when he took the puck in with authority against Montreal, it brought back a flashback of "oh what do we have here tonight...a statement!" Just for that split second he looked engaged, determined and angry.

4 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

There was a shift where JVR actually looked like his smarts and interests where in sync, like Jimmy Neutron.

It was just that one shift(think game 5?), but when he took the puck in with authority against Montreal, it brought back a flashback of "oh what do we have here tonight...a statement!" Just for that split second he looked engaged, determined and angry.

Yeah, I saw that shift. He's good for another 5 years.

• Haha 3
  • Uggh... 1

16 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, I saw that shift. He's good for another 5 years.

I hope it's not every lunar eclipse....but that little alone by himself shift that he engaged Montreal, I felt the Canadians actually had a worried look to their play, but they stuck to their game plan and it worked out for them. But damm we need more of that if he wants to win a Cup here.

Him and G need to get their "Mitts" dirty....