Laine/Roslovic to CBJ for Dubois

yave1964

10 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Holy hell what a trade.

Laine and Rpslovic, both of whom wanted out of Winnipeg were sent to the Jackets today for Dubois and a third rounder in 2022.

Neither of these players are going to enjoy the change in scenery they asked for LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, extra skater said:

This.

I wonder how long until Laine shows the same "laidback" behavior of Dubois and Torts shouts his brains off.

If things go bad, Torts will get fired first. But it won't matter because I think both Dubois and Laine will whine their way out of town from their new teams.

Question:

Who will wear out their welcome sooner?  Dubois in Winnipeg or Laine in Columbus? 

My money's on Dubois in Winnipeg. I give it ONE YEAR before he's traded OUT of Winnipeg. ONE YEAR. 

Follow up question:

Who will end up on the New York Rangers first?  Dubois or Laine?

• Like 2

Laine is a feisty character. As a kid playing for the Finnish Boys' National Team he was sent home from Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament after giving the finger and running his mouth against the head coach of the team. Finland had pulled their goalie at the end of the game and Laine wanted to be on ice. The basic situation with the Jets has not changed from that situation - if Laine is not put on ice when the tough games are decided, he will get frustrated and react negatively. He doesn't act as immaturely anymore but the reaction is still there. That is possibly a good thing for someone who could win Rocket Richard, but is it a good thing in helping to win the Stanley Cup. It remains to be seen. But it really is going to be extremely interesting to see how Torts and Laine will get along (especially as CBJ seems to be lacking a center that could feed Laine the way Aho did in WJC 2016). 😅 Getcha pop corn ready!

I feel the trade is a potential win - win. CBJ gets a character that is going to entertaining for the fans to watch, love and hate, and WPG gets an immensely strong center department, thus opening its' window of opportunity to fight for the Stanley Cup. God, how I've missed hockey during this awful Covid - quarantine!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Who will wear out their welcome sooner?  Dubois in Winnipeg or Laine in Columbus? 

My money's on Dubois in Winnipeg. I give it ONE YEAR before he's traded OUT of Winnipeg. ONE YEAR. 

Not a chance. He will sign a long term extension this summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Laine is a feisty character. As a kid playing for the Finnish Boys' National Team he was sent home from Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament after giving the finger and running his mouth against the head coach of the team. Finland had pulled their goalie at the end of the game and Laine wanted to be on ice. The basic situation with the Jets has not changed from that situation - if Laine is not put on ice when the tough games are decided, he will get frustrated and react negatively. He doesn't act as immaturely anymore but the reaction is still there. That is possibly a good thing for someone who could win Rocket Richard, but is it a good thing in helping to win the Stanley Cup. It remains to be seen. But it really is going to be extremely interesting to see how Torts and Laine will get along (especially as CBJ seems to be lacking a center that could feed Laine the way Aho did in WJC 2016). 😅 Getcha pop corn ready!

I feel the trade is a potential win - win. CBJ gets a character that is going to entertaining for the fans to watch, love and hate, and WPG gets an immensely strong center department, thus opening its' window of opportunity to fight for the Stanley Cup. God, how I've missed hockey during this awful Covid - quarantine!

That said, it's so crazy that might just work.

Maybe Torts would prefer a dude that talk back to him instead of some guy that just sits on the bench and later says "Yeah I gotta get better. Please trade me."

Or maybe not, I don't know.

Who understands him anyway?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well that didn't take very long but Patrik Laine was benched in the middle of the second period in Columbus's  3-2 win over Carolina. Torts clearly has his own way of coaching and this is going to be an ongoing issue as long as they're both there.

https://fansided.com/2021/02/08/john-tortorella-bench-patrik-laine-twitter-reaction/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Well that didn't take very long but Patrik Laine was benched in the middle of the second period in Columbus's  3-2 win over Carolina. Torts clearly has his own way of coaching and this is going to be an ongoing issue as long as they're both there.

https://fansided.com/2021/02/08/john-tortorella-bench-patrik-laine-twitter-reaction/

Yeah I knew it wouldn't take long before he would ride the pine.

I think they will have some big trouble resigning him and I wonder if he would threaten to hold out or stay in Finland till he gets his wish.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, pilldoc said:

good god

that escalated quickly