Game 16: Flyers vs. Bruins; 2//21/21, Lake Tahoe, NV, 7:30 PM, NBCSN; Pregame at 7

Howie58

Greetings:

The Flyers come into the game as heavy underdogs.

https://causewaycrowd.com/2021/02/20/boston-bruins-lake-tahoe-preview-center-2021-22/

The Bruins will be without David Krejci.  We are without our Captain and others.  

I think Bill Meltzer's take is on point.  Hart can't let in softies and our special teams have to step it up.  The youngsters have to play their A game.  

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/practice-report-16-back-on-the-ice/c-321467216

LGF.  

Edited by Howie58

Apparently the bad ice impacts the play even more than the sun. The time change is a plus for me... better for a libation.

I agree with one read that the game is a test for Carter Hart. He is not off to a great start, and the Bruins have his number.

We have a good record despite lousy metrics and being wildly outshot. Fans and AV/CF have to wonder when the luck runs out.

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I agree with one read that the game is a test for Carter Hart. He is not off to a great start, and the Bruins have his number.

Considering the guys in front of him have (A) allowed the 2nd most shots against in the entire league, and (B) have the dead last worst in the league shots for...yes Hart isn't off to a great start...but the skaters on the team are off to a brutal start. 

I don't know where the hell AV thinks this system is going to get them, but it's all smoke and mirrors that they aren't fighting the Sens and Sabres for the 1st overall pick.

• Like 3

I may watch now just to see big Sammy!!!!

Friedman: For me it's just been a grind throw this year. I'll try to treat it as another game. But obviously it's special: an outdoor game against one of the best teams in the league.. .. I'll try to play my game, feisty like a little rat. Glad I have big Sammy on my line.

:salute:

#bourbonup

• Like 1

I know we are missing 6 "starting" players but this is another pathetic showing against the B's and yet another choke on the big stage for the Flyers. 1-5 in outdoor games. If the Flyers accept another invitation to play outdoors I'm going to take a dump on Fletcher's doorstep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This Bruins squad manhandled us with a "normal" squad. As others have said, we have been lucky to win given underlying numbers. Tonight we were outplayed and Hart let in some soft goals that were deflating. I wonder if there is a physical problem?