Game 24: Sabres at Flyers; 3/9/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

If that doesn't work....cough under your breath...and mumble "Brett Hull".

Not as rewarding as being able to gloat over the Flyers actually whipping their ass. I was riding high after 3 straight shutouts, people were avoiding me. Lol

Guess I’ll have to take a sick day if this **** doesn’t turn around 

Edited by Samifan

i think it's time for jake and giroux to go after this season when the core doesnt step up, the team quits. it needs an overhaul. firing av is not going to fix this. the core isnt stepping up.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i think it's time for jake and giroux to go after this season when the core doesnt step up, the team quits. it needs an overhaul. firing av is not going to fix this. the core isnt stepping up.

Disagree.  I think the Flyers and their fans have greatly over-rated their young talent.  For years we've been told how great the future looks.  The prospects are many but aren't particularly great.  They've loaded up on bodies that are no more than third and fourth liners and third pairing d-men at best.  Meanwhile the rest of the league has been drafting fewer players but making their choices count.  I don't see any elite talent on the Flyers.

• Good Post 1

23 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Disagree.  I think the Flyers and their fans have greatly over-rated their young talent.  For years we've been told how great the future looks.  The prospects are many but aren't particularly great.  They've loaded up on bodies that are no more than third and fourth liners and third pairing d-men at best.  Meanwhile the rest of the league has been drafting fewer players but making their choices count.  I don't see any elite talent on the Flyers.

We have been told for years how great our future looks. For years before that, we were selling our future for overrated 35 year olds. Meanwhile, we had shoddy goaltending that never got fixed and we had no one in the pipeline that was a solution. They gave stupid contracts to two players ...Giroux and Voracek,,,that are second line guys, but at least they have a good collection of young talent. Baby steps.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Sweeeet pass by Laughton to Hayes, 3-2 Buffalo.

Yes, a tremendous play by Laughton, It’s the kinda move I see Nolan Patrick make all the time.....  When are they gonna send Patrick down to the AHL, he is completely useless  to the Flyers right now.  He needs to gain some confidence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, trevluk said:

Anybody else think the shootout blows? In the amount of time they take for the shootout, if they just let them keep playing 3 on 3 they would probably determine the winner by actually playing hockey.

Yeah, but the shootout is less taxing on players, over the long haul.

Just now, RonJeremy said:

He finally did something useful. Hopefully this is a  much needed confidence builder for him.

that's what we said after the come back against the Pens when they were down 3-0 in the first 5 minutes of the game and won 4-3. They went on to lose the next 2 games. Go figure.

Just now, trevluk said:

Anybody else think the shootout blows? In the amount of time they take for the shootout, if they just let them keep playing 3 on 3 they would probably determine the winner by actually playing hockey.

Hate it, it’s just another gimmick in Gary Buttmans , modern day NHL. It should be a 10 min OT, no points if you lose in OT and if no one scores ,after that it’s a tie . So many teams kill off the clock to get to a shootout.

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Hate it, it’s just another gimmick in Gary Buttmans , modern day NHL. It should be a 10 min OT, no points if you lose in OT and if no one scores ,after that it’s a tie . So many teams kill off the clock to get to a shootout.

yeah but ties suck. play till someone wins. very likely that would happen within 10 mins of 3 on 3.

I watched the presser on the Center Ice feed.  AV spoke about Hart's play and noted that all players go through bad stretches, and that fortitude gets them back on track.  I can't argue that. He also said there are many games ahead in a short period.  Ditto.

But....how many starts will he give Hart if he continues to play small (two reporters asked about that) and gives up goals early?  I think the O and B can't give him more than five games to get in a groove before thinking about a Lyon spot start or other.  Moose can't play another 30+ games this season without problems.  I don't think we have a goalie controversy, but it may turn into that unless Hart picks it up.  I like the guy, but as the announcers and AV said, we need points.  At what point does the team lose confidence in him?