Game 26: Capitals at Flyers; 3/13/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Well i turned it on but then turned it off after Ovenchicken scored....i have to be up at 5 am and we lose an hour of sleep tonight turning the clock ahead.

Goodnight all.

I really wish Chuckles would just go bring Ekholm to Philly by monday.

Time is a wasting. So are the points.....

• Like 1

Pretty effing sick to my stomach about this team. Trying not to overreact, but I don’t have the slightest faith in a single facet of this org, starting at the top especially with Chuck Fletcher. God damn I am pissed off. Is this what we get for the miserable Hextall years? One playoff series in which the Flyers barely squeak past a mediocre team? So so so disappointed in this team in a year they were supposed to be playoff locks.......

Meanwhile Bellows scores 2 goals to help the Isle win.  Bellows was sitting there for us ...BUT NOO...we trade back ..Bellows goes before us and we pick up Rubstov who has 11 freaking pts in 46 games in the KHL ....... 

My patience is razor thin with this organization ....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Pretty effing sick to my stomach about this team. Trying not to overreact, but I don’t have the slightest faith in a single facet of this org, starting at the top especially with Chuck Fletcher. God damn I am pissed off. Is this what we get for the miserable Hextall years? One playoff series in which the Flyers barely squeak past a mediocre team? So so so disappointed in this team in a year they were supposed to be playoff locks.......

It’s time to rebuild again, we have no chance to beat big, physical and skilled teams like Boston, Washington and the Isles. We can’t out hit them and we certainly can’t out finesse them. “It’s Over Johnny” We need to be sellers not buyers, the window is nearly shut on our aging high priced vets, if any can be moved , do it. JVR and Ghost are playing the best we have seen in years, their value will never be higher.

Edited by RonJeremy

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Meanwhile Bellows scores 2 goals to help the Isle win.  Bellows was sitting there for us ...BUT NOO...we trade back ..Bellows goes before us and we pick up Rubstov who has 11 freaking pts in 46 games in the KHL ....... 

I wonder what it’s gonna be like when Cole Caufield lights up the NHL.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Bellows goes before us and we pick up Rubstov who has 11 freaking pts in 46 games in the KHL ....... 

Yeah when we think about it a lot of ????

about a lot of 1st round picks...

Morin?

Sanheim?

Rubtsov?

Patrick?

A lot of WTF will they end up as.

I am going to give Ivan and Farabee a pass because I think they are keepers.

But otherwise we are still waiting.

And will still don't know about York and Foerster yet.

Man if they don't pan out it it is just more wasted years...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Wait until Cole Caufield starts putting up 40 goal seasons in Montreal.  Instead we took another undersized defenseman and a less talented clone of Caufield.

• Uggh... 1

35 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And they could've had Debrincat instead of Rubtsov or Laberge...pisses me off too.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Morin?

Sanheim?

Rubtsov?

Patrick?

Three senior advisors for this franchise.... Clarke, Barber,  Holmgren. Assistant coach Ian Laperiere. Head Scout Dave Brown. Player development: Kjell Samuelson 

IDK, seems to me they might need to rebuild more than the roster 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Morin?

Sanheim?

Rubtsov?

Patrick?

Isn't there some kid name Frost too?!?!....

Yeah, our picks have NOT panned out.

This is also my 1st season EVER not having Center Ice. Being out of market it was always a NO-brainer. Not this year. I won't pay for this product.

Heck, I had a Lindross poster on my wall as a kid! Been following this team since the early 90's....This is bad.

SO MANY points in this thread that make me shutter. Like how we wasted Giroux's career. And my god.....Are we really going to "waste" Carter Hart's career too?!!? OR better yet, Pull a Flyers and trade him to a divisional rival?!?!

I really had high hopes for this team. I thought the emergence of TK, and Farabee, mixed with a productive JVR, Giroux, Jake remembering how to play the game, Young guys like Oskar and Patrick taking next steps?!?! What the hell Happened!

One of you "10,000+ posters" better chirp up quickly here and explain this debacle to me!!! ;)

Edited by MaineFlyFan
  • Good Post 1

From inception in '67, through the 80s, the Flyers were always competative and the product on the ice was exciting. Alot of this was skill, and alot was grit. There were always a handful of heavies that would make sure the team was well represented.  After a brief down period, we had the Lindros years

That identity is now gone. The players they draft and develop are basically one dimensional when it comes to style. And more times than most, these players turn out to be a disappointment. The franchise has toed the NHL line, and this the result. As long as TV revenue is a big as it is, the product on the ice doesnt need to be entertaining 

44 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Isn't there some kid name Frost too?!?!....

In fairness, he's had a freak injury, so he's not available to know for sure that he isn't working out.

Not directed at you but the group as a whole.

This is getting frustrating.

The team has not played one game well as a team this season.

There is always something, are the skaters are going? the goaltending sucks, goalies playing well? thank god because the skaters look like they've loaded up on benzos during pregame. The defense making good pinches? well that's good because they're turning the puck over every other touch.

They've played well as a team once, the pre COVID win at Washington. 

Since then, it's been a horror show.

Is there a silver lining? 

I dunno, if they get on a roll, all the games are against the division so if they're going good, they can make up ground based on the 4 point swing. This has to happen soon though because the sun's getting low in the sky. I don't know that the defense has enough time to "collectively improve" without a new voice in the position group. 

There is talent but they are not hard to play against now. 

Every break is going against them right now too, that first goal last night was ridiculous. Maybe we need to make a sacrifice to the hockey gods? the neighbors won't miss one of their chickens, i'm sure. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Three senior advisors for this franchise.... Clarke, Barber,  Holmgren. Assistant coach Ian Laperiere. Head Scout Dave Brown. Player development: Kjell Samuelson 

It clearly demonstrates that they don't highly value those with outside of the organization input, doesn't it? They've needed "a second opinion", for years.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Morin?

Sanheim?

Rubtsov?

Patrick?

Don’t forget Jay O’Brian, but at least this season he is doing very well, but there were probably four or five better players available for us to pick.

• Like 1

i do think that passing on Cole Caufield might be similar to not picking Debrincat. 

However as a whole, yes, the team could have picked different players. When you look back with 4 years of hindsight of course the picks now seem obvious.

I also think it is a fool's errand to spend  more than a few minutes thinking about it. 

A lot of teams pass on a lot of guys that wind up being pretty good. 

Drafting is super inexact so, a guy we could have drafted is doing good, a guy that we didn't have a chance to draft is still in the minors.  It doesn't always work out. 

The Flyers luck with draft years and top pick has been terrible. Down years for top talent, certainly not the same as the Nathan McKinnon draft. 

24 minutes ago, CoachX said:

That's correct. The organization has to hire people with a mindset geared toward the way the game is played.  I really feel like the guys at the top, don't know what they're doing..and don't know what they don't know. The game has changed and they have to adapt with skill, and if you're going to draft toughness...they'd better have skill. I really question if any of the hire ups have any idea what they're doing, and if they're truly capable of adapting. Things can and will change in time, but I think it is the responsibility of the fanbase of everyone under 60...to let them know that these are modern times and we're tired of watching, and attending the same old "recycled Flyer" and other garbage out of the refusal to adapt and change. I don't want the old guard given employment by the team simply because they were the owner's favorite players, and he had emotional attachment to them.  I want the best people for the job not icons.

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And you could've had Bjorstrand on his opposite wing instead of Goulbourne...

I think there were a couple of 30 dudes we should have taken before Goulbourne.

Was this the last Holmgren draft?

Edited by mojo1917

The fossils in this organization need to go, if we are truly going to win another Cup. That's just the way it is. I really(once again), feel like they have no clue on talent evaluation or team building in the modern era of NHL hockey.

• Like 2