No Flyers on THN's Top 30 Players to Watch at Trade Deadline

radoran

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Smoke and mirrors and got badly exposed by the Habs and Isles.  They barely got by the Habs ...  Jake and Giroux have a habit of disappearing during the playoffs ....

These are the same playoffs the Leafs didn't even make last season. You can't fluke your way into a conference final. The Flyers have a good team in a great division. 

In the NHL, you're never as GOOD or as BAD as you appear. 

:) 

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

You can't fluke your way into a conference final.

The Islanders were not in the Cup Final.

The Flyers lost in the second round, not the Conference Final.

Although I understand why Leaes fans may not totally understand how the playoff work...

• Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, radoran said:

The Islanders were not in the Cup Final.

The Flyers lost in the second round, not the Conference Final.

Although I understand why Leaes fans may not totally understand how the playoff work...

Oh. My bad.  You have to cut me some slack. I flipped the playoffs off the moment Toronto got eliminated.... which technically wasn't even the real playoffs!  :) 

Once Toronto is out, the sun at the center of the hockey universe stops shining lol.  🌞

44 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Once Toronto is out, the sun at the center of the hockey universe stops shining lol.  🌞

Well, crap....that explains why the NHL has been in darkness for so long.

Good thing we have had some good halogen lamps in Tampa, St. Louis, Washington, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Los Angeles, Detroit, etc to keep us from stumbling and hurting our feet in the dark. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Oh. My bad.  You have to cut me some slack. I flipped the playoffs off the moment Toronto got eliminated.... which technically wasn't even the real playoffs!  :) 

It's understandable.

You don't have a lot of familiarity with the playoffs.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Good thing we have had some good halogen lamps in Tampa, St. Louis, Washington, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Los Angeles, Detroit, etc to keep us from stumbling and hurting our feet in the dark. :ph34r:

If there's a shining Stanley Cup at the center of the universe, Tronno is the planet furthest from it.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Exactly. I mean, who even won the Cup last year?  Did they even bother to finish the playoffs without any fans watching?  ;) 

10 hours ago, radoran said:

If there's a Stanley Cup at the center of the universe, Tronno is the planet furthest from it.

The Stanley Cup resides permanently in Toronto. We just "lend" it out for a few months during the playoffs to another team so their fans can see it too. We could always grab borrow it and have a parade through downtown Tronno just to celebrate hockey.  What a great idea!  :) 

11 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Ah the orange muppet returns.  Every once in a while I stick my head into the cave to see if you're still there.  :) 

Im pretty sure your head is stuck in your cave permanently 

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Stanley Cup resides permanently in Toronto.

I've seen it. I've gotten my picture taken with it.

It's a fake, which means it's the perfect thing to be paraded around Tronno. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Looks like the Leafs front office

10 years ago I would have agreed with you.  However, we've been doing nothing but winning since the new front office staff took over (Shanahan and Dubas) so you really can't poke fun at success. (No Stanley Cups mind you, but at least regular season success and the chance to do more in the playoffs.)  :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

10 years ago I would have agreed with you.  However, we've been doing nothing but winning since the new front office staff took over (Shanahan and Dubas) so you really can't poke fun at success. (No Stanley Cups mind you, but at least regular season success and the chance to do more in the playoffs.)  :) 

Over the last 10 years I don't know if I've ever seen a more inept Flyer team in the long long long time I've been watching them. They have won a measly TWO playoff rounds in an entire decade...which is embarassing.

It's also TWO MORE than the "winning" Leafs have won in that span.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Over the last 10 years I don't know if I've ever seen a more inept Flyer team in the long long long time I've been watching them. They have won a measly TWO playoff rounds in an entire decade...which is embarassing.

It is certainly the longest stretch I have seen and I have been watch since 90-91.

There have been some bad seasons.

But nothing it seems as fruitless as the last decade.

And when do they come out of this fog?

I can't say I know...

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Over the last 10 years I don't know if I've ever seen a more inept Flyer team in the long long long time I've been watching them.

There has never been an inept Flyers team in the franchise's history, so you have no basis for comparison. :) 

They have won a measly TWO playoff rounds in an entire decade...which is embarassing.

Some teams don't even make the playoffs for an entire decade lol.  :mapleleafs:

As mentioned previously, the Leafs are making the playoffs now. That's a major departure from what the team was doing before the current management group took over.  :) 

Flyers fans are accustomed to watching a .600 team.

Leafs fans are accustomed to watching a .400 team. 

Since the franchise's inception, how many times have the Flyers made the playoffs?  I'm going to GUESS ~40 times in ~50 years.  Toronto has probably made the playoffs about 20 times in the past 50 years. Maybe not even that much. By Leafs standards, the team we have now is the best Leafs team since 1992-93. By Flyers standards, the team you had last year was the best you've had in..... a year or two. 

Different standards for different sports teams. You can't hold the Leafs to the same standard as the Flyers. That's not fair.  😃👍