No Flyers on THN's Top 30 Players to Watch at Trade Deadline

radoran

1 minute ago, radoran said:

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/top-30-players-to-watch-approaching-the-2021-trade-deadline

For those looking for the team to make a move, the word "Flyers" doesn't even appear in the article, either...

It wouldn't be fair, I guess...to fill up their list by putting every Flyer on there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/top-30-players-to-watch-approaching-the-2021-trade-deadline

For those looking for the team to make a move, the word "Flyers" doesn't even appear in the article, either...

Thanks for ruining my day........further...i was hoping when i returned from the gym some turds would be purged...now there is no hope...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Thanks for ruining my day........further...i was hoping when i returned from the gym some turds would be purged...now there is no hope...

you're forgetting our Ace: the second round draft pick the other GM never saw coming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

Honestly, the way they are playing who could possibly want any of them?

An insightful look into the situation in which the organization* finds itself.

* term used loosely

21 hours ago, radoran said:

Flyers fans have a way of overvaluing everyone they have on their roster lol!  :) 

When I proposed trading Kapanen or Nylander for Phil Myers last year everyone sh_t on the idea here in the forum and called me crazy. I bet that deal looks pretty darn good right now. 

8 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Flyers fans have a way of overvaluing everyone they have on their roster lol!  :) 

Oh for sure. No fans of other teams have ever done this, of course.

8 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

When I proposed trading Kapanen or Nylander for Phil Myers last year everyone sh_t on the idea here in the forum and called me crazy. I bet that deal looks pretty darn good right now. 

It's still early days. Myers is struggling right now. That could change. He's a 6'5" mobile RH Dman with a howitzer. Relatively rare thing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

It's still early days. Myers is struggling right now. That could change. He's a 6'5" mobile RH Dman with a howitzer. Relatively rare thing.

True, but that's the risk inherent in any trade. The Flyers seem like a team that is ready to win now (or very soon). Do you wait for Myers to fully develop (which could take another 5 years) or do you go for a Cup right away? Last season it looked like the Flyers window was open. Maybe it was too much too soon.  

Having a Kapanen or Nylander puts a game breaker on the roster now and gives your team another line that can score. Where would the Flyers be with another TOP 5 forward right now? I don't know.  :) 

15 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Flyers seem like a team that is ready to win now (or very soon)

LMAO, I don't think so. 

15 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Having a Kapanen or Nylander puts a game breaker on the roster now and gives your team another line that can score. Where would the Flyers be with another TOP 5 forward right now? I don't know.  :) 

They would lose 8-5 instead of 8-3 since they can't keep the puck out of their net.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I bet that deal looks pretty darn good right now. 

Not really because the Flyers still need defensemen of the two way vet type.

Right shot to be specific.

And we'll the Leafs have none to offer.

So sorry next year maybe....

11 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

True, but that's the risk inherent in any trade. The Flyers seem like a team that is ready to win now (or very soon).

Excuse me but ... win what exactly?

I'll be impressed if they win a few shifts today and keep the Goals-Against below 5. But I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

win what exactly?

The draft lottery is what it looks like to me.

And can't even do that right.

They'll end up with the 2nd overall again.

Not a good year for the draft for sure.

42 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

They would lose 8-5 instead of 8-3 since they can't keep the puck out of their net.

Hmm. Your team does seem to have faltered as of late.  All the more reason to shake things up with a trade.  

38 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Excuse me but ... win what exactly?

This team went to the final four last season. You're probably ONE impact trade away from another 10-0-0 run and a return to the top of the division.  Just need to shake up your roster. You play in the division of champions (Caps, Bruins, Pens, etc.). Rising to the top of your division means you're a Stanley Cup champion in waiting. All you need to do is get into the top 4 and that's basically equivalent to being a division winner anywhere else. 

By the end of the season, I predict the Flyers will have turned it around and will enter the playoffs as the hottest team in the NHL. 

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Flyers seem like a team that is ready to win now (or very soon).

Surely you jest ....LOL.  Look I bleed O&B and have been following this team for 40+ years now.  This team is winning ZERO / NADA .  

Appreciate you putting a smile on my face as I muddle through a day at work......

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

This team went to the final four last season

Smoke and mirrors and got badly exposed by the Habs and Isles.  They barely got by the Habs ...  Jake and Giroux have a habit of disappearing during the playoffs ....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

yup and knowing our luck we will be graced with a player who is not a stud or game changer ....

You mean our old goons, can't find players with skill, as scouts? No way! 

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1