Game 35: Flyers at Sabres; 3/29/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I really hope to not have my worst fears confirmed...that Snider and Hextall knew more than anyone in this organization about personnel, throughout the league. Please tell me I'm wrong. That includes the recently hired Fletcher.

In hindsight Hextall was right ,he knew this team sucked and he didn’t want to rush Hart and he also knew that making a desperate move for a veteran wasn’t gonna be much of a help to a team with many underachievers with bloated contracts . He knew it was gonna be a long rebuild.  Under no circumstances should we re-sign G. The way you get him to waive his no trade is you just say, we have no plans to re-sign you, so you can spend you last year here in Philly as a disgruntled lame duck or we can trade you , give us a list of teams you might want to play for.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

3 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Time for a change.

AV and his entire band of coaches need to be fired, hell Fletcher can go to. Putting this crap on the ice is embarrassing. 

There needs to be consequences!!

Fire the coaches and keep the players and nothing changes.

Who would want to coach this squad?

Oh, wait, Tortorella may be available.

I'd pay for locker room and practice footage.

Not games. But something legitimately entertaining.

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

In hindsight Hextall was right ,he knew this team sucked and he didn’t want to rush Hart and he also knew that making a desperate move for a veteran wasn’t gonna be much of a help to a team with many underachievers with bloated contracts . He knew it was gonna be a long rebuild.  Under no circumstances should we re-sign G. The way you get him to waive his no trade is you just say, we have no plans to re-sign you, so you can spend you last year here in Philly as a disgruntled lame duck or we can trade you , give us a list of teams you might want to play for.

Exactly. Trade him to a Stanley Cup contender. He won't win a damned thing here. If he really wants to put his name on Lord Stanley, now's his chance.

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Wasn’t Lindblom on the wrong side of the ice for the first Buffalo goal?  I guess he isn’t playing well defensively

Because everyone peeled off once the puck got to Lindblom and left Oskar outnumbered and then he lost the battle puck went out front and Moose whiffed with the glove. Can't blame that on Oskar.

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

Fire the coaches and keep the players and nothing changes.

Who would want to coach this squad?

Oh, wait, Tortorella may be available.

I'd pay for locker room and practice footage.

Not games. But something legitimately entertaining.

So what do you do? Cut all the players? Can't replace the whole team so start with the coach and GM and start a rebuild.

Just now, Fizz said:

So what do you do? Cut all the players? Can't replace the whole team so start with the coach and GM and start a rebuild.

they need a rebuild yes.

honestly they're lucky if AV doesn't quit.

• Like 2

Just now, Fizz said:

How many more coaches, should the core of this team...survive? It is now time to turn the page, on a high priced player or maybe if the sun shines on our Flyer fan arses...two!

• Like 2

Moving closer to NHL history!!!  :) 

18 games

The Pittsburgh Penguins hold the record for the longest losing streak in NHL history at 18 games, which was set in the 2003–04 season; that team finished last in the NHL with a 23–47–8–4 record (58 points).

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Moving closer to NHL history!!!  :) 

18 games

The Pittsburgh Penguins hold the record for the longest losing streak in NHL history at 18 games, which was set in the 2003–04 season; that team finished last in the NHL with a 23–47–8–4 record (58 points).

Tell them they can't tank every year. Pretend some time...

• Like 1