Game 35: Flyers at Sabres; 3/29/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are heavy favorites, even with the so-so March behind us.  I guess an opponent that has lost 17 straight doesn't get much respect from the bookies:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2021/03/29/buffalo-sabres-vs-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-picks-odds-predictions

We have done well against this team so far but that doesn't mean a trap game is impossible.  

Well I guess we'll know more where their head is at after this game.

If you can't beat this Sabre squad in regulation you might as well stick fork in them then.

Not sure I will watch. Won't get home till 7:30.

And then we'll by the time I get a chance to turn it on I will check the box score to no do I want to.

Go Flyers the time is now.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I guess we'll know more where their head is at after this game.

If you can't beat this Sabre squad in regulation you might as well stick fork in them then.

Not sure I will watch. Won't get home till 7:30.

And then we'll by the time I get a chance to turn it on I will check the box score to no do I want to.

Go Flyers the time is now.

This is where the law of averages comes in to play . I believe we beat them every game so far ? They also lost 10 in a row, we just came off a big emotional win over the Rangers. They are way overdue for a good game.

• Like 2

Sabres media reporting that the team "played well" in its last game and that was a "good sign."

They came off a 4-0 shutout loss to the Pens then and only lost 3-2 against the Bruins.

"Good sign."

:thumbsu:

• Uggh... 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Sabres media reporting that the team "played well" in its last game and that was a "good sign."

They came off a 4-0 shutout loss to the Pens then and only lost 3-2 against the Bruins.

"Good sign."

The Sabres franchise direction ....

260 Hilarious Road Signs ideas in 2021 | road signs, signs, funny signs

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

The Sabres franchise direction ....

Also seeing reports that the Pegulas have "lost money" during the pandemic and this may affect what they are willing to spend on the Sabres.

Apparently they're still only worth several billion (~$5.4B) dollars.

I'm not sure how those poor dears are keeping body and soul together.

Thoughts and prayers.

:hithead:

@radoran

Man just looking at their draft history.

Just epic failure...

2020 8th

2019 7th

2018 1st

2017 8th

2016 8th

2015 2nd

2014 2nd

2013 8th

Just wow and still garbage.

Wonder wow much different the Flyers could be with all those top picks?

I guess there is a reason they pick in top all the time.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man just looking at their draft history.

They have the most top ten picks on their roster in the league.

They need an actual coach. There is no way that they should be as bad as they are playing.

But they are.

Their fanbase, honestly, deserves better. Yes, even the dude in the Lumina at Applebee's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seems like the Flyers are going to be giving Carter Hart a bit of a break, with the focus on him practicing to clean up elements of his game. He won't start tonight (not even dressing) and he won't start Wednesday. Will be working with Kim Dillabaugh over the next few days.
  • Like 2

Essentially, Hart is getting that week "reset" that it sure seemed like he needed. Not dressing tonight, not starting Wednesday. Then, PHI has its first two-day "break" (full day off Thursday, practice Friday) on April 1 & 2. That means at least a full week between games.

Rad is right.  Coaching matters.  I see that with my backyard Panthers, who are now melding into a top-tier squad.  That also reflects Tallon's vision with top picks--and some really shrewd pickups of depth players who have grit.  Organizational culture matters too.  Something must be really amiss in Buffalo.  And this is of long standing:

https://www.forbes.com/2003/01/13/cx_dd_0113sabres.html?sh=1a3a5f1536f8

I feel for the fans.  That's a devoted base that deserves better.  You have to wonder if top managerial talent stays away because of the reputation?

• Like 1

Replying to
I imagine the Flyers had been wanting to do this for a while for Hart, but the ridiculous schedule just didn't permit it, especially accounting for the fact that Lyon had barely played in the last calendar year & Elliott isn't an every-night workhorse at his age. Now, it does.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:
Replying to
I imagine the Flyers had been wanting to do this for a while for Hart, but the ridiculous schedule just didn't permit it, especially accounting for the fact that Lyon had barely played in the last calendar year & Elliott isn't an every-night workhorse at his age. Now, it does.

I'll pat myself on the shoulder for saying early on that I had concerns about our goalie depth entering into the season.  I was thinking about injury, but it's the same issue.  Lyon may not be major-league, though his numbers aren't bad.  I'd hope the GM has a competent spot-starter in mind, particularly if your backup is 35.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

"Good sign."

Isnt that the same thing many here are saying about the Flyers?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We have done well against this team so far but that doesn't mean a trap game is impossible.  

Buffalo has to win eventually and what better team to beat than the WhoKnowWhoShowsUp Flyers?

So it's Eliot again? Strike one.

• Like 1

Not sure if I should be happy or mad at covid for causing me to miss all the Flyers games in Buffalo this season? 

I have been preparing myself the past week that they will lay an egg tonight and the Sabres will snap their streak.  I will then have to go into hiding from all my neighbors, coworkers and friends due to embarrassment.

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
Essentially, Hart is getting that week "reset" that it sure seemed like he needed. Not dressing tonight, not starting Wednesday. Then, PHI has its first two-day "break" (full day off Thursday, practice Friday) on April 1 & 2. That means at least a full week between games.

i know the defense is an issue but something is really wrong with hart, i have seen rangers and caps yesterday, you can see the cross ice shots from the rangers and vanecek is getting to them. with hart, he looks really slow moving side and side, it looks like he's favoring something or something from last injury that slowed him down. he doesnt look fast like he was last year.

Edited by tucson83