Jake

flyercanuck

Enough about Rinaldo.....how about Voracek, who's not only leading the league in points, but now punching guys out when he takes offence to a hit. 

Let me start out by saying it wasn't a bad hit, though Voracek may have thought it was a bit low. And I don't think everyone should have to fight after a hit.I also don't want Jake making a habit of scrapping. But when the guy who receives the hit takes offence to it, fair game. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@flyercanuck

I tend to agree. That's the kind of fight you want to see. Player is PO'd with hit, player say's I'm gonna make you answer for it and does so. No problem with that at all. That said I don't want to see Jake dropping the gloves regularly, doesn't do our team any good to have arguably its best player in the sin bin.

Meanwhile over on the comments on Trib Live (worth reading for the comedy value ;))

"Tonight I have a different thought. I don't want to talk about what I think they need. I want to talk about how sick I am that the Flyers have been doing this stuff for 30 years. There should be big suspensions, and fines. There terrible, and there cowards, and they gooned there way to a win. I hope Letang is ok, he's already had a stroke and concussions, oh Voracek your so tough going after a player in Scuderi who's never fought in his life. And these guys are cowards, they get in a fight and they won't take there helmets off. There whole organization should be fined, the players were with intent to injure all night. I cant stand this team, I never could. God Bless."

I nearly wet myself laughing at some of the whining comments there about the refs.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/pensgalleries/7592409-74/penguins-hit-game#axzz3PTwemzcn

Pen hit him low and paid for it ...   Now why did Jake get 2 ....5 .... 10......
  If their not going to call the cheap shots players have to take in their own hands .

Personally I didn't have a huge problem with the hit, but Jake obviously did. As no penalty was called for the hit Jake got the instigator minor and the misconduct for the fight.

@EDI-Flyer

Ya, Voracek has quite the fight card. Both about the same size. Fair fight that Jake won. Big deal.

Does the guy even remember his time had Cooke, Neal and now Downie on the team

Won't take their helmet off? For one Bellemere has 4 career fights in his life. Farnham has 55. I doubt Bellemere knows fighting etiquette. Though apparently he does know how to punch out Farnham. 

The Whaaaambulance is on overtime in PGH today.

The Flyers are picking out window treatments and floor rugs for the inside of the Penguins' heads since they have taken up residence there.

Really amazing to watch. It's almost like if someone wore orange in the stands it would throw them off their game.

Won't take their helmet off?

More to the point he is probably aware of Rule 46.6:

Helmets - No player may remove his helmet prior to engaging in a

fight. If he should do so, he shall be assessed a two minute minor
penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Helmets that come off in the
course of and resulting from the altercation will not result in a penalty
to either player. 

@radoran

I'd almost like to make the playoffs just to hand it to them once again.

I said almost.

Agreed. However I think it is pretty safe to say that whoever gets them from the Met is likely to hand them their asses so we don't need to be there. Let's focus on a nice high draft pick ;)

I don't think Voracek will make a habit of this. This is one of those high intensity, rivalry games. I remember a few years back when Mike Cammalleri with Montreal fought David Krejci of the Bruins. These rivalries make sane, talented individuals do stupid things.

The hit was low. It's a little hard to end up ON TOP of a guy who hit you in the numbers.  If it had been a straight up hip check I think Jake would have just been pissed and kept skating, but it seemed like getting tangled up with Scooter and not being able to skate at all seemed to be what set him off.

That said, a guy like Jake who never fights ever doesn't get keyed up like that after a single hit no matter how low or how frustrating the tangle up afterwards was.  Tempers had been simmering for a long time and tensions building and at that point, Jake had had enough and blew his top.  A single hit does not that reaction make for Voracek.

Personally I didn't have a huge problem with the hit, but Jake obviously did. As no penalty was called for the hit Jake got the instigator minor and the misconduct for the fight.

Enough about Rinaldo.....how about Voracek, who's not only leading the league in points, but now punching guys out when he takes offence to a hit. 

Let me start out by saying it wasn't a bad hit, though Voracek may have thought it was a bit low. And I don't think everyone should have to fight after a hit.I also don't want Jake making a habit of scrapping. But when the guy who receives the hit takes offence to it, fair game. 

It looked similar to this hip checks but less severe.........

.....get em Sid.....

Havent you heard that fighting isnt part of the game game anymore?  Its stupid and the fans dont like it.  Jake should have skated back to the bench with his head down and then started chirping from the bench afterwards.  Then, he should just forget about it all together.

Archived