Laughton Extended 5Y/$15M

Just now, Cheesesteak said:

Dig the signing, confused about the timing. 

\

$3 mil a year seems a bit high, but not ridiculous. 5 years could be a year long too but at 26 it's not bad. 

I guess the good thing is JVR/Voracek aren't getting protected.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

\

$3 mil a year seems a bit high, but not ridiculous. 5 years could be a year long too but at 26 it's not bad. 

I guess the good thing is JVR/Voracek aren't getting protected.

Yeah it's a half million too much per season.

So who else to they plan on moving to be able to protect him?

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

My guess is they figure the money and term protects him.

Yep let's overpay so noone will want him.

Brilliant!!!

I must be what they did with Giroux abs Jake...and JVR and Hayes and Braun and who am I leaving out?

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Not a bad deal at this point.

The Flyer way have to bid against yourself.

Didn't want to get in a bidding war?

How many players in the last 20 years have the Flyers lost because they were out bid by another club???

Fletcher hints if he dealt Laughton, it may have been difficult to re-sign him as an UFA

That is why they are in the mess that they are in.

Well we don't want to have bid against these other teams later, so let's over pay now and give him as many years as we can.

Now we won't have to worry about losing him...in fact when it looks bad we can just send a 2nd round pick so someone will take him...

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

The Flyer way have to bid against yourself.

Didn't want to get in a bidding war?

How many players in the last 20 years have the Flyers lost because they were out bid by another club???

The way I read Fletch there is that Laughton wanted to stay here and may have felt spurned if they dealt him.

Again, he's kind of a Sissions type and that's not a terrible deal for the price.

We can quibble over term but I don't see it being a potential Hayes type "problem" at the end.

Now we just wait for their "tough decision" over the offseason to be re-signing Giroux to "retire a Flyer."

angry david rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Like 1

Just now, radoran said:

The way I read Fletch there is that Laughton wanted to stay here and may have felt spurned if they dealt him.

Again, he's kind of a Sissions type and that's not a terrible deal for the price.

We can quibble over term but I don't see it being a potential Hayes type "problem" at the end.

Now we just wait for their "tough decision" over the offseason to be re-signing Giroux to "retire a Flyer."

angry david rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

Sure I guess so who do you toss into on coming traffic now - oops I meant expose to Seattle?

Giroux

Hayes

Coots

Farabee

Laughton

TK

Patrick

Lindblom?

That would suck.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Sure I guess so who do you toss into on coming traffic now - oops I meant expose to Seattle?

Giroux

Hayes

Coots

Farabee

Laughton

TK

Patrick

Lindblom?

That would suck.

I see what you're saying.

I think they expose Laughton and hope that the term scares off the Kraken.

A 24-year-old scoring winger at $3M is much more valuable than a 27-year-old bottom six role player at the same number.

I mean, it worked with Bellmare, right? What could possibly go wrong?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

I see what you're saying.

I think they expose Laughton and hope that the term scares off the Kraken.

A 24-year-old scoring winger at $3M is much more valuable than a 27-year-old bottom six role player at the same number.

I mean, it worked with Bellmare, right? What could possibly go wrong?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I swear I want to say I remember reading somewhere that Farabee and Frost will be ok.

Because IIRC you had to have completed two years prior to this year to need protection and this would be their 2nd years.

I will try to find it but I'm on the phone at work.

I could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I swear I want to say I remember reading somewhere that Farabee and Frost will be ok.

Because IIRC you had to have completed two years prior to this year to need protection and this would be their 2nd years.

I will try to find it but I'm on the phone at work.

I could be wrong.

Farabee (and Frost) don't have to be protected.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Farabee (and Frost) don't have to be protected.

I thought so....so I guess they can protect everyone they need to protect.

I really really really really really hope they take JVR actually him or Jake I'd prefer Jake to be honest JVR doesn't say stupid **** to the media to piss me off.

I think JVR could be a nice trade piece come next trade deadline if he is still here.

So removing Jake would be enough.

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

In a reversal of what some of the teams did with Las Vegas expansion, Seattle is going to trade the Flyers a pick so they don't have to take one of our scrubs.

• Haha 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I thought so....so I guess they can protect everyone they need to protect.

I really really really really really hope they take JVR actually him or Jake I'd prefer Jake to be honest JVR doesn't say stupid **** to the media to piss me off.

I think JVR could be a nice trade piece come next trade deadline if he is still here.

So removing Jake would be enough.

I hope they take one of them. I think JVR could be a nice trade piece too...IF he plays like he did this season again. The odds of that happening though, are slim. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I hope they take one of them. I think JVR could be a nice trade piece too...IF he plays like he did this season again. The odds of that happening though, are slim. 

I really thought and hoped that JVR would be moved at this deadline, he is having a good year, and his value is at an all time high. If JVR  had been moved , it would be one less player for Seattle to choose from and slightly increase the probability of Jake being taken . I just hope we can get rid of Jake somehow, even if we have to include a prospect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I really thought and hoped that JVR would be moved at this deadline, he is having a good year, and his value is at an all time high. If JVR  had been moved , it would be one less player for Seattle to choose from and slightly increase the probability of Jake being taken . I just hope we can get rid of Jake somehow, even if we have to include a prospect.

Nobody is taking on salary though. You move JVR and you're attaching a high pick to it. Look no further than the Washington - Detroit deal today. Washington moved out more salary in Vrana and Panik, took back less salary, and paid a steep price to move those two parts. I get that Panik hasn't been good this year, but Vrana is a fine hockey player. If he's anywhere else, he's easily a top six guy (yet for some unexplained reason, Peter Laviolette dislikes him), yet he's a bottom six guy in Washington. But I digress. Detroit took on more money, but they got Washington to pay a premium. That's how it would have been with JVR. The Flyers move him and they're attaching incentives for a team to take him on. The Flyers are stuck with the bad contract. The one signing I absolutely detested during Hextall's tenure. This was Dale Weise bad. 

• Like 2