Ristolainen to Flyers

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

It's ridiculous to think other GMs were chomping at the bit to get Ristolainen and so we had to out bid them.

Well there is NOT a draft pick you could name I wouldn't trade him for...let's just pray the phone rings.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:53 AM, RonJeremy said:

Let's keep in mind, according to Fletcher the reason he paid such a high price was that other teams were offering a similar package but we had the highest first round pick, so we got him. So there are other stupid GMs out there that may give up a first.  Risto is playing exactly how he played in Buffalo, its not like his play regressed. He went from bad to bad ,so if they wanted him then, they may still want him. Unless the Buffalo GM lied and nobody wanted him and Fletcher fell for it.

Winnipeg, Boston and Dallas also wanted Stinktolainen. Toronto was also interested. I think there's a deal to be had with one of those clubs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Winnipeg, Boston and Dallas also wanted Stinktolainen. Toronto was also interested. I think there's a deal to be had with one of those clubs. 

Let's hope they still do and they can ship him to them....damn near for free even.

I am prepared to cut my losses and move on chalk it up it to failed shot attempt let find another option...and this time a good option.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let's home they still do and they can ship him to them....damn near for free even.

I am prepared to cut my losses and move on chalk it up it to failed shot attempt let find another option...and this time a good option.

I'm perfectly fine if the Flyers can walk away with a decent prospect for Stinktolainen.  Studnicka is stagnating in Boston. I'd take a flyer (pardon the pun) on him and line him and Frost together. 

• Like 2

The only reason ol' Fletch will trade Ristolainen is if the player won't sign here because the player thinks this organization* is as bad as Buffalo.

They LIKE his play and they WANT to re-sign him...

Edited by radoran
  • Uggh... 3

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes...I totally trust the management that has been robbed blind on these deals to now make good deals. 100%

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes...I totally trust the management that has been robbed blind on these deals to now make good deals. 100%

If there was another team willing to give Buffalo a top half 1st, a 2nd, and an experienced roster player for Ristolainen, the correct move was LET THEM.

The move that was made was to trade a 2nd, 7th, and an experienced roster player to make room to give up that package...

• Like 3

I imagine the front office really does want to get up to the 9th seed.

Then they can look back at the end of the season conference with the media and claim - "see despite all the injuries we were this close to still making the dance and we don't want to blow things up because they are only a couple pieces away yahdah yahdah yahdah insert bullsh it" statement to continue to be the smartest guys in the room...

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I imagine the front office really does want to get up to the 9th seed.

Then they can look back at the end of the season conference with the media and claim - "see despite all the injuries we were this close to still making the dance and we don't want to blow things up because they are only a couple pieces away yahdah yahdah yahdah insert bullsh it" statement to continue to be the smartest guys in the room...

I don't think the Flyers are way out of the running, to become a competitive team that makes the POs next year. It depends on the IR guys coming back 100%. If Ellis is healthy he can really help the team in a big way. Stabilizing the back end, freeing up Provorov to play his game...the breakouts, protecting Hart, etc. it all gets much better if Ellis can play a full season (or at least close to it).

I feel like if the Flyers are healthy and Hart remains Hart they should be a good team next year. Far from "elite" obviously; they don't have any gamechanger types to be in that league, but a "good" team that makes the POs.

but they better fix the PP if they want to climb out of the NHL cellar.

29 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If Ellis is healthy he can really help the team in a big way. Stabilizing the back end, freeing up Provorov to play his game.

To me this is sooooo huge next year if they can get a shutdown top pair again it will help ease the burden on Sanheim and all the kids learning their way on the blueline as well as ease the shelling Hart has been suffering from this season. Getting Hart back into some of the top numbers in the NHL again will show in the standings.

Finding a #4 for Travis Sanheim is priority #1 or #2 no less this offseason.

Ellis is a huge boost to special teams too but the caveat is he needs to return to form from what i remember his last couple years in Nashville which i guess we'll all collectively hold out breathe that is can happen...if not well i don't want to think about what if he doesn't....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

To me this is sooooo huge next year if they can get a shutdown top pair again it will help ease the burden on Sanheim and all the kids learning their way on the blueline as well as ease the shelling Hart has been suffering from this season. Getting Hart back into some of the top numbers in the NHL again will show in the standings.

Finding a #4 for Travis Sanheim is priority #1 or #2 no less this offseason.

Ellis is a huge boost to special teams too but the caveat is he needs to return to form from what i remember his last couple years in Nashville which i guess we'll all collectively hold out breathe that is can happen...if not well i don't want to think about what if he doesn't....

I don't see why the Flyers don't use Provorov and Sanheim together. Let Ellis partner up with York or Zamula. Sanheim can play the right side and if the Flyers give him the go to bring the offense, that frees Provorov to look after the defense.  

36 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I don't think the Flyers are way out of the running, to become a competitive team that makes the POs next year.

There's a big difference, to me anyway, from a "competitive" team and one that "makes the playoffs".

Losing in the first round in 4 or 5 games is not being competitive. It's just playing in a league with 16 playoff teams.

I get the first step is to make the playoffs. But when your "nucleus" is made up of Haysee and his buddies, your window for winning the cup was never open.

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't see why the Flyers don't use Provorov and Sanheim together. Let Ellis partner up with York or Zamula. Sanheim can play the right side and if the Flyers give him the go to bring the offense, that frees Provorov to look after the defense.  

I know Sanheim can play the right side i just don't think he does it so well. IMHO. Now if you could find an Alec Martinez type who is a lefty and can play the right side well then i'm down with it...it doesn't have to be a right hand shot but i needs to be someone who is good on the right side and use to using his back hand.

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

There's a big difference, to me anyway, from a "competitive" team and one that "makes the playoffs".

Losing in the first round in 4 or 5 games is not being competitive. It's just playing in a league with 16 playoff teams.

I get the first step is to make the playoffs. But when your "nucleus" is made up of Haysee and his buddies, your window for winning the cup was never open.

True true, good point, making the POs in the NHL is no great feat. If "competitive" means "likely to advance" then I agree next year isn't looking very promising. Luckily Hayzee is only signed for a few more...ohshitnevermind.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm old enough to remember when losing in 7 games was "a good sign".

That was 2014.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow per Appleyard the Flyers offered Risto 6 × 6.3 mill per season.

Wow please let some one else offer him a better deal and close the door on him.

And here I thought Fletcher was a complete idiot.

He's not that smart.

It's going to take this franchise a loooooooooooong time to recover from this managment.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

What does it say about the organization* that Ristolainen hasn't taken that deal?

Well for one it's only a 1 million raise and I am sure he thinks he is a 9 mill per season player.

But yeah he more than likely doesn't want to leave a dumpster fire to join another one maybe even worse.

Smart man buh bye Risto!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow per Appleyard the Flyers offered Risto 6 × 6.3 mill per season.

Wow please let some one else offer him a better deal and close the door on him.

We shouldn't be too hasty.  He played for a bad team.

This could work out.  Let's give it a chance and see it actually on the ice.

It's not our money, so who cares how much he makes?

They need someone who can lay a big hit so the other team doesn't take liberties with our stars.

Did I miss anything?