Jake Voracek is GONE!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Compete level and just down right depression can not be accounted for. 

No doubt I need to lay down on a coach and talk to therapist from suffering from just WATCHING the Flyers the last eight years I can imagine having to practice and put in the time to actually have to play through it.

Maybe used that for terrorists instead of waterboarding...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, CoachX said:

i was pissed 15 minutes ago

:dizzysmiley-1:

It is just talk but hey he said he would do anything for his team. Run through a wall.

I know talk is cheap but if he can actually play could he go from hated to a fan favorite?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is just talk but hey he said he would do anything for his team. Run through a wall.

I know talk is cheap but if he can actually play could he go from hated to a fan favorite?

If he plays with half a brain he could easily. It's not like he doesn't have size, skill, skating...he does. He just plays really stupid hockey. If he can get off that...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If he plays with half a brain he could easily. It's not like he doesn't have size, skill, skating...he does. He just plays really stupid hockey. If he can get off that...

HA! you should see me at work

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No doubt I need to lay down on a coach and talk to therapist from suffering from just WATCHING the Flyers the last eight years

The gaslighting that last year was an anomaly is hysterical.

Last year was right in line with what that group did for a decade.

This is a new group.

Make it happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, radoran said:

The gaslighting that last year was an anomaly is hysterical.

Last year was right in line with what that group did for a decade.

This is a new group.

Make it happen.

I think for the long time Flyers fans this coming season is a wait and see approach. With the new additions and the old unwanted players gone, the expectations will be at a minimal. It will be interesting to see which players rebound and get back on track (Hart). As well as the coaching staff, it seems to me the moves that Fletcher made were with discussions with AV to see what players he'd like. If AV can't get this team back to the playoffs and on the right track then I can see him gone. Being a long time fan, I don't get too excited when they're playing well or too down when they play like ****, but it would be nice to see them win a cup before I die. It's going to be a tough road to qualify for the playoffs, if they do make it they'll probably be a wildcard team. Personally I'd like to see the younger players play more but that's not going to happen with AV.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, radoran said:

It's not going to happen with The Flyers.

The organization* sees itself "competing for the Stanley Cup" every year.

Including the past 10.

The delusion would be astonishing if not so predictable.

I can just see ol' Fletch sitting around with ol' Homer and ol' Clarke discussing the merits of trading whatever it takes for this guy who used to be great in 2014 or that guy who had that goal against us in 2009 to help Philly make the playoffs (which they likely would do anyway if the team played like it did 2 seasons ago) because then anything can happen!  :thumbu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I can just see ol' Fletch sitting around with ol' Homer and ol' Clarke discussing the merits of trading whatever it takes for this guy who used to be great in 2014 or that guy who had that goal against us in 2009 to help Philly make the playoffs (which they likely would do anyway if the team played like it did 2 seasons ago) because then anything can happen!  :thumbu:

I can see Homer and Clarke walking out of Chucky's office, and he turns to his assistant and says, "Those two took too many punches to the head"!

• Haha 4

On 7/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, OccamsRazor said:

No doubt I need to lay down on a coach and talk to therapist from suffering from just WATCHING the Flyers the last eight years I can imagine having to practice and put in the time to actually have to play through it.

Maybe used that for terrorists instead of waterboarding...

Now you have Atkinson, who I usually had on fantasy and the beast, Ristolainen!!😀

On 8/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

No doubt I need to lay down on a coach

I am offended and unavailable for this type of service

However, I would be happy run around inside your dome, knocking over furniture 

On 7/27/2021 at 10:27 PM, radoran said:

I just don't immediately recall the defining thing that he did.

A few goals that yeah i even remember. Not hating on the guy. I'm looking forward not back.

SUMOI! :fi:    

• pilldoc unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Media day in Columbus. It’s really real, lol.

jake doesn’t look homeless anymore.

I still hate him!!

01DAB0FA-89C2-4DDB-985B-086785592E2C.jpeg

"That's a good question.  I'd like to pass it off to...oh, who am I kidding?  I'll just keep it and dangle until you guys take it from me.  It's what I do.  Chuckle chuckle snort snort."

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

"That's a good question.  I'd like to pass it off to...oh, who am I kidding?  I'll just keep it and dangle until you guys take it from me.  It's what I do.  Chuckle chuckle snort snort."

You know I hate him. Supercuts Jake the Flake will be the same old way. They'll be screaming for him to shoot, in Columbus, by their home game #5.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

You know I hate him. Supercuts Jake the Flake will be the same old way. They'll be screaming for him to shoot, in Columbus, by their home game #5.

He should actually do well there if he plays opposite Laine.  Voracek does nothing but pass (and stickhandle) and Laine does nothing but shoot.  If they end up with any kind of chemistry it could be a very good stats year for each. They just need a center who can win some faceoffs and can take some space near the net and in the corners.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, FD19372 said:

They took most of my hate away, when they traded Jake the Flake and Patrick. Who can I hate on this team now? G and Risto?

Start with Chuck, let it trickle to AV, then bump it up to Risto. By the time you get there a clearly defined a$$-hat will emerge

Trust the process

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, FD19372 said:

They took most of my hate away, when they traded Jake the Flake and Patrick. Who can I hate on this team now? G and Risto?

Caveat: we are Philly fans, we have an endless supply of hate. 

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

He should actually do well there if he plays opposite Laine.  Voracek does nothing but pass (and stickhandle) and Laine does nothing but shoot.  If they end up with any kind of chemistry it could be a very good stats year for each. They just need a center who can win some faceoffs and can take some space near the net and in the corners.

No way this works. These two will compete with each other over who can do the least, and be voted "laziest" on team