Kirill Kaprizov signs 5-Year, $45 Million Deal

CreaseAndAssist

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another question. How many games it will take to Kirill Kaprizov to score 100 goals in NHL? So far Kaprizov played 160 NHL games and has 191 points (90 goals; 101 assists; +/- +29). Hope he will improve his +/- stats for this season too. At this moment he has +/- -8. Gradually it seems these stats are getting better and better for him. Beginning of the 2022-2023 season started not as good for the Wild team, especially for our goalies. But team has a character and is showing recent tendencies on produce from all team's lines. To be successful team must to produce at least 3-4 goals per game according to our goalies GAA stats. 

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Here is another question. How many games it will take to Kirill Kaprizov to score 100 goals in NHL? So far Kaprizov played 160 NHL games and has 191 points (90 goals; 101 assists; +/- +29). Hope he will improve his +/- stats for this season too. At this moment he has +/- -8. Gradually it seems these stats are getting better and better for him. Beginning of the 2022-2023 season started not as good for the Wild team, especially for our goalies. But team has a character and is showing recent tendencies on produce from all team's lines. To be successful team must to produce at least 3-4 goals per game according to our goalies GAA stats. 

I don't watch the +/- stats so much for the top players since they're on the ice the most anyway. I think it's more of a stat for the lower L3-L4 line guys that shows how they play.
The start of the season ruined many stats in all categories.
Realistic wise, I'd say Kap hits 100 goal mark in the next 20-25 games. 

I just looked through the internet who are the fastest NHL players to hit 100 goal mark:

Top 5 fastest players who scored 100 NHL goals are:

1 Bossy 129 games

2 Selanne 134 games

3 Gretzky 145 games

Maurice Richard 145 games

4 Nieuwendyk 153 games

5 Pavel Bure 154 games.

Top 5 fastest players to their next 100 goals

1 Gretzky 97 games

2 Brett Hull 99 games

3 Kurri 105 games

4 Lemieux 125 games

5 LaFleur 130 games

Bossy 130 games

Fastest to reach 200 goals

1 Wayne Gretzky 242 games

2 Mike Bossy 259 games

3 Brett Hull 282 games

4 Mario Lemieux 290 games

5 Alex Ovechkin 294 games

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 12:40 PM, flyercanuck said:

Just came over here to gape in awe at the only transaction Chuck Fletcher ever made that panned out. 😆

I know, he never actually got him over here to play.

You are probably right that Fletcher will not get him here to play. Our current GM Guerin entered already to the Wild history by signing Kaprizov. The Wild never had such a huge individual player's results before which are compared to the best NHL players. I remember that Guerin as a brave person was able to fly to Moscow, then to watch few games with Kaprizov participation, then to meet with him and his parents for discussion regarding Kaprizov's future in NHL. Not every manager do this here in NHL sport.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, Alexandron said:

Since your Dec 6th post ...Kap has 4 goals in 12 games :( 
Freddie G has actually more in that span.
So Kap will have to pick it up a bit to even make my next 20-25 games to reach 100 prediction.

Edited by ClusterChuck

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Since your Dec 6th post ...Kap has 4 goals in 12 games :( 
Freddie G has actually more in that span.
So Kap will have to pick it up a bit to even make my next 20-25 games to reach 100 prediction.

How many golden assists he did since that time including to Freddie?😉  So far he has 45 points (20 goals; 25 assists) in 36 played games. Eliteprospects  link projected for him in 82 games for this season 103 points (46 goals; 57 assists). Hope, he will be able to perform that projected way. 46 games left for this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

How many golden assists he did since that time including to Freddie?😉  So far he has 45 points (20 goals; 25 assists) in 36 played games. Eliteprospects  link projected for him in 82 games for this season 103 points (46 goals; 57 assists). Hope, he will be able to perform that projected way. 46 games left for this season.

I was only counting goals as per your stat. 😁
Nothing bad against him at all, Just thought I'd check the progress vs my prediction. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For an organization that has been around as long as Minnesota has, it's embarrassing it has taken this long for someone to achieve this record.  It just shows you how low the bar is already.  

I saw another record he's close to; most multi-point games which is currently held by Zach Parise after he was here for 9 seasons compared to Kaprizov's 4.  

Honestly, people are going to think we were crazy for retiring Koivu's #.  

27 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

For an organization that has been around as long as Minnesota has, it's embarrassing it has taken this long for someone to achieve this record.  It just shows you how low the bar is already. 

I was kind of surprised, honestly...

27 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

people are going to think we were crazy for retiring Koivu's #.  

I am a huge Koivu family fan. Y'all were crazy for retiring his number.

I anticipate I may feel similarly about a future number retirement in Philadelphia...

:hocky:

I certainly didn't support retiring his #.  He was one of the most overrated players in franchise history.  But it was their attempt to create some history when it felt it didn't have any to draw on.  

But I agree...it was embarrassing and it got even worse when people found out he had cheated on his wife and was trying to stiff his ex on the child support $$$.  

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

I anticipate I may feel similarly about a future number retirement in Philadelphia..

I cannot imagine the justification for the Flyers retiring someone's number whose number isn't already retired.    I can't think of any player -- and I've liked my fair share -- who is deserving of that.

• Like 1