Game 3: Bruins at Flyers; 10/20/21 @ 7:30 PM, TNT

Howie58

Greetings:

The Bruins are favorites for this match:

https://www.covers.com/nhl/bruins-vs-flyers-picks-predictions-october-20-2021

Boston plays well in Philly, going 4-1 in the last 5.  This could be a battle of defenses.  It looks like Swayman versus Jones.  If that is the case, we get a read on our D and whether we have a "new-and-improved" Jones.  

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 3: Bruins at Flyers; 10/20/21 @ 7:30 PM, TNT

I posted this in another thread but this is the lineup i expect tonight.

Not sure of Zach's number. I kind of wanted Allison to wear #17. So i gave him #15.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 19 Derick Brassard - 89 Cam Atkinson
23 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton - 25 James van Riemsdyk
15 Zack MacEwen - 44 Nate Thompson -62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 94 Ryan Ellis
6 Travis Sanheim - 70 Rasmus Ristolainen
3 Keith Yandle - 61 Justin Braun

35 Martin Jones

79 Carter Hart

Why not. Maybe some fireworks. Will see if improvements have been made.

But this is a game where the 2nd line gets exposed. We'll see.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

I hope Sanheim's been working on his defensive game... a lot.

As far as the second line goes, I actually think they've been playing quite well. Not much to complain about there so far. And really, Farabee and Atkinson should be at the level they are. The bright spot is more so Brassard. Hard to say if he can remain impactful as he has been in such a short timeframe, but it's been nice to see at least.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I hope Sanheim's been working on his defensive game... a lot.

From this screen to God's eyes. They need him to step up big time this year.

If not the other half of the Charmin twins could also be finding a new address back next season maybe.

A lot is riding on this kid and the excuses are running out.

6 minutes ago, elmatus said:

As far as the second line goes, I actually think they've been playing quite well.

I agree but the Kraken didn't offer a line the will see from the Bruins so will they be able to answer??

I have like the physical play of Brassard that i have seen so far Flyers need more of that in fact.

This Bruins team will be a great test tonight to see how far they have came.

:beer:

@elmatus

@OccamsRazor

There were several points in the Kraken game where, Brassard's compete level kept the Kraken from breaking out cleanly. Actually, that whole line doesn't give up on 50/50 pucks, I don't know which player it comes from, I noticed Brassard working really hard to keep and regain possession of the puck multiple times.

That's a kind of hard to play against that the Pens, Panthers and Islanders use to wear teams down; it was great to see our guys wearing the other team down.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

From this screen to God's eyes. They need him to step up big time this year.

If not the other half of the Charmin twins could also be finding a new address back next season maybe.

A lot is riding on this kid and the excuses are running out.

This is about the time where, Pelech and Pullock took off. 

Ultimately,  I agree, we are in the part of #6's development cycle where his play needs to take off if he's to become a cornerstone type player.

35 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That's a kind of hard to play against that the Pens, Panthers and Islanders use to wear teams down; it was great to see our guys wearing the other team down.

I like it as well, I'm just more concerned with the level of competition coming from the Canucks and, more relevantly, the Kraken.

If they're getting the same level of results against the Broons, Panthers, and Oilers, (to say nothing of the Pens, Caps, Leafs, Canes) I'll feel better about the whole "Brassard as 2C" thing.

• Like 4

AV on going with Jones tonight.

Regarding the decision to start Martin Jones tonight, he noted the looming B2B next week and the desire to get him some work before they go out West when he'll need to play in that B2B.

Makes sense to me. No reason the team in front of him shouldn't be ready to go and prove they can hang with the big boys.

NAK-Thompson- MacEwen 4th i am wanting to see how they can find chemistry.

Mac brings some size but can he use it properly. And no find himself in the box.

And not sure about his skating. I want to see Giroux fired up like he was the last two games.

Need more of that. Game will be on TNT round here. I hope for a good game. A win. 

• Like 1

This has to be stopped or at best slowed for sure.

Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and David Pastrnak combined for 37 points against the Flyers last season.

Hart and/or Jones on their game will help a lot. Tonight would be as good a night as any to start.

Just now, CoachX said:

NAK has become totally worthless. He's only noticed when he does something stupid...which seems to be a regular occurrence 

Yes. In fact I've now downgraded him to just Aube-Kubel.

• Like 1