Sestito

Guest orange_crush

I think the Flyers really need to keep this guy in the lineup, he made a huge impact against the Bruins..Big guy who can also skate and play additional minutes..

I know when JVR, Briere, and Jagr comeback the lineup is going to be tough to crack but I would play him over Rinaldo, Harry Z, or Shelley

he shows shelly absolutely has no value to this team. i can see rotating him and rinaldo depending on the matchup. i still like harry z's game. you can't teach speed and he is one fast mofo

I agree Harry Z has good speed and hands but he's not good for his role.. he's not a 4th line grinder like they have him..Sestito makes an immediate imact with throwing his weight around and crashing the net..

I think the Flyers really need to keep this guy in the lineup, he made a huge impact against the Bruins..Big guy who can also skate and play additional minutes..

I know when JVR, Briere, and Jagr comeback the lineup is going to be tough to crack but I would play him over Rinaldo, Harry Z, or Shelley

i really like what he brings. when he doesn't cross the line, he can be a pretty effective 4th line player. unfortunately, as we've seen, the refs know his reputation and don't give him any of the benefit of the doubt. he's been penalized on some good hits.

regardless... he certainly brings more to the table than shelley, so i'd sit shelley over him any day.

i really like what he brings. when he doesn't cross the line, he can be a pretty effective 4th line player. unfortunately, as we've seen, the refs know his reputation and don't give him any of the benefit of the doubt. he's been penalized on some good hits.

regardless... he certainly brings more to the table than shelley, so i'd sit shelley over him any day.

I love what this league has become. Penalties on some guys because of their reputation unless the league thinks your awesome like Lucic then they'll let you go. Even Matt Cooke still gets away with stuff.

Shelly played well going into the All Star break. If the Flyers don't need the cap space to make a move, I'd rather use Shelly for a few minutes a game, and let Sestito get more TOI in the AHL. Same with Harry Z truthfully. I think Rinaldo is a happy medium between Harry Z and Sestito: he's surprisingly quick, and will hit anything - but also doesn't skate the speed of light, nor is gigantic. I'd rather keep Rinaldo up and try to get him more ice time.

Sestito will be a great permanent 4th line addition as soon as Shelley is gone.

Sestito is the perfect replacement for Shelley. Just as big, fights and throws big hits. AND can actually play. Any time from here on out, if Shelley is in the lineup and Sestito isn't, I'll ask why.

I guess I'm missing it but I don't get the love for Sestito. He looks to me like the prototypical one-dimensional player, which can be useful I guess, but frankly (imo) he doesn't belong on NHL ice yet. Maybe in a year or 2 if his game improves...right now he's a poor-man's Darrel Powe minus the speed. Can he hold his own on a 4th line, 5 minutes a night? Eh...maybe. But there are better guys in our lineup already.

When Zac is healthy I see no reason at all to dress Shelly or Sestito.

I guess I'm missing it but I don't get the love for Sestito. He looks to me like the prototypical one-dimensional player, which can be useful I guess, but frankly (imo) he doesn't belong on NHL ice yet. Maybe in a year or 2 if his game improves...right now he's a poor-man's Darrel Powe minus the speed. Can he hold his own on a 4th line, 5 minutes a night? Eh...maybe. But there are better guys in our lineup already.

When Zac is healthy I see no reason at all to dress Shelly or Sestito.

well, maybe a lot of what you're missing is not on the scoresheet. shelley was in the lineup for the game when volchenkov was running around willy nilly hitting everybody, including briere. last time i checked, your tough guys are supposed to, at least, discourage that. and at best, answer the bell and tune the guy up. as it is.. shelley gets what? 3 min a night? he couldn't even pay the guy he was trying to fight to go with him. because, as mike rupp says, he's irrelevant.

sestito actually goes to the net and takes shots on net when he's not banging bodies. i didn't see tootoo play his typical physical game last night. could be a number of factors why, but also could have had something to do with rinaldo toonses the driving cat on him. it's pretty clear that rinaldo and sestito offer way more than shelley does at this point. most likely, however, when briere comes back sestito goes back to minors.

Sestito looks like he has worked on his skating. He's still not likely to be confused with Rico Fata, but he looks a bit less slow. If he can keep progressing with those aspects of his game that need work, I can see a fit for him on the 4th line. He's huge. And he hits like a truck. As Flyer fans, we should love those things. I know I do.

Edited by Podein25

Sestito looks like he has worked on his skating. He's still not likely to be confused with Rico Fata, but he looks a bit less slow. If he can keep progressing with those aspects of his game that need work, I can see a fit for him on the 4th line. He's huge. And he hits like a truck. As Flyer fans, we should love those things. I know I do.

okay. that says it pretty well for me too - I like what I see, I just wouldn't dress him over anyone else we have right now. I'm probably guilty of comparing him to the rest of our rookies, which isn't really fair. Those guys are way better than what we've seen in Philly for quite some time, and better as a group than any team in the league has right now.

Canoli,

I don't always feel like we have a lot of toughness on this team without Sestito. He stirs it up and allows this team to play a little more physically. Its like the Flyers are braver with him out there.

No love for a healthy Rinaldo?

Shelley provides an intangible presence in the locker room and with Pronger and Briere gone that is why Shelley is still with us.

I like Sestito and Harry Z. It will be interesting to see how/if they progress.