If/When Fletcher is fired

Samifan

17 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

He isn’t leaving the Red Wings organization, anytime soon. Plus, why would he work with the special brand of idiots, running the Flyers front office?

If he left a cup contender that he built for Detroit, he sure as hell isn't leaving Detroit for the moldering pile of rancid skunk shite known as the Flyers.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

He isn’t leaving the Red Wings organization, anytime soon. Plus, why would he work with the special brand of idiots, running the Flyers front office?

Oh, there's no way in H E Double Hockey Sticks he'd ever come here,

but I was just answering the question 😏

I would like to see Tocchet as the coach bring back the Flyers spirit if possible but...

I truly don't know if a GM can make a difference or a new coach, as long as ownership isn't vested in the team other than a bottom line in their investment ledger, I don't know what can fix the team.  The loss of Snider may not be able to be overcome.

Happy Holidays 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I don't think he was ever not going to go to Detroit.

100% agree.  But at least talk to the guy.  The same thing happened when AV was hired.  Joel Quenneville, (before the sexual assault controversy was known), was available but they didn't even talk to him.  If they at least talk to them and they say they aren't interested, then move on.

Stop settling for second or third best as your first option.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

11 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

100% agree.  But at least talk to the guy.  The same thing happened when AV was hired.  Joel Quenneville, (before the sexual assault controversy was known), was available but they didn't even talk to him.  If they at least talk to them and they say they aren't interested, then move on.

Stop settling for second or third best as your first option.

Fletcher is NOT 2nd or 3rd best. He's an NHL GM for one reason....his dad.

People keep thinking they're hiring Cliff, then Chuck shows up.

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Fletcher is NOT 2nd or 3rd best. He's an NHL GM for one reason....his dad.

People keep thinking they're hiring Cliff, then Chuck shows up.

I didn’t mean to insinuate Fletcher was 2nd or 3rd best.  I was more referring to the available coaches at that time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Quenneville was always going to Florida and wouldn't talk to them.

It wasn't a "if he says no" he said "no" to even talking to them.

Which says a TON about how this organization* is viewed in the league... This isn't a top choice of players or coaches any more.

This is what I remember.  Fletcher needed permission from the Blackhawks to talk to Q.  He never asked.  Water under the bridge now.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2018/12/17/18145128/flyers-general-manager-chuck-fletcher-talks-blackhawks-joel-quenneville-nhl-2018

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

9 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

This is what I remember.  Fletcher needed permission from the Blackhawks to talk to Q.  He never asked.  Water under the bridge now.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2018/12/17/18145128/flyers-general-manager-chuck-fletcher-talks-blackhawks-joel-quenneville-nhl-2018

I get that.

Quenneville had a relationship with Dale Tallon that made it pretty clear he was going to Florida.

Fletcher could have formally "asked" and risked being turned down flat. So he didn't.

"Quenneville hired as Panthers coach"

https://www.nhl.com/news/joel-quenneville-hired-as-florida-coach/c-306572790

The Flyers are simply not the slam dunk go-to team any more.

The last two "big name" FAs that signed here are Hayes and JVR - and we see how that's gone...

1 minute ago, radoran said:

And that is a problem….

Inquiring minds want to know…. Why do you think that is and when do you think this started to occur…..

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

I get that.

Quenneville had a relationship with Dale Tallon that made it pretty clear he was going to Florida.

Fletcher could have formally "asked" and risked being turned down flat. So he didn't.

"Quenneville hired as Panthers coach"

https://www.nhl.com/news/joel-quenneville-hired-as-florida-coach/c-306572790

The last two "big name" FAs that signed here are Hayes and JVR - and we see how that's gone...

Lol it's funny you think those two scabs are big name FAs.

Not bringing in FA talent is a product of an incompetent GM not a factor of a team or city. In the new NHL money talks. Talent will go where they get paid.

Fletcher has proven he can't sign talent because he over pays for scabs like JVR and Hayes. Then gives away assets for next to no return.

Any GM worth his salt would have contacted Quinvill even if he 99% sure he wouldn't come to Philly.

Until Fletcher is gone and a competent GM is brought in you can expect the paying top FA money to middle of the road players will continue.....it is the Fletcher way.

39 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't.

That was the point.

Try to keep up here.

Not sure you understand how free agency works and how a good GM uses it to improve his team.

Like I said it has absolutely nothing to do with the team or the city.

Saying top FAs don't want to come to the Flyers is just plain wrong 

They go where the money is.

Fletcher paying JVR and Hayes to top money long term contracts is the problem not the franchise.

Hell Fletcher couldn't even be bothered to try and talk to Quinvill he just hires a has been like AV, no wonder he can't build a winner here.

Try and keep up okay.

Edited by Fizz

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

Hextall signed JVR.

No, really.

Go on...

Okay, I was just going off your post above, my bad.

But blaming the franchise for top FAs not coming here instead of placing the blame on an obvious inept GM is just wrong.

This roster is such a mess, loaded with overpaid mediocre players with no-trade-clauses in their contracts, and few assets coming up it will take a top GM 5 years to fix it.

Fletcher is not even in the top 50% of GMs in the league 

Just now, Fizz said:

But blaming the franchise for top FAs not coming here instead of placing the blame on an obvious inept GM is just wrong.

Right the whole point that a top FA hasn't come here in 10 years is completely irrelevant.

Go on...