Rask on waivers

lynxrattle

This kind of shows they think that the team needs room for the youngsters. Expect to see more of Rossi, Boldy, Dewar.

I think Task would be a serviceable center in a slower team, but I guess his price tag is just too much.

4 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I think Task would be a serviceable center in a slower team, but I guess his price tag is just too much.

Slow? Overpriced? Played for Minnesota? 

Looks like he checks ALLLL the boxes!

See ya on the Flyers Victor Rask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Slow? Overpriced? Played for Minnesota? 

Looks like he checks ALLLL the boxes!

See ya on the Flyers Victor Rask.

He's 100 % something Fletcher would find interesting. No worries, though. Rask scores in every game he plays after coming back from a benching - if he plays with the best forward of his team.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

He's 100 % something Fletcher would find interesting. No worries, though. Rask scores in every game he plays after coming back from a benching - if he plays with the best forward of his team.

Unfortunately, Fletcher will likely trade our best forward, along with whenever our next available 2nd round pick he hasn't given away yet, for capspace for Victor Rask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 2

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

Ok, just looked up Rask’s stats andGaudreou’s stats. 
In my opinion, not much difference. 
Salary had to be most of it, but I think Gaudreou better pay attention along with Bugstad. 

You're right.

The eye test says there isn't much difference between Gaudreau and Rask, or even Bjugstad....and the stats do back that up.

Bjug has even LESS production than the other two, though he does shoot and hit more, and he is a hair better in the face off circle, but overall, none of those three guys are really moving the needle for the Wild.

And yep....salary is the thing with which one they decided to waive first.
A 4M cap hit (Rask) is tougher to justify than 1.2M (Gaudreau) and 900K (Bjugstad), when they are all giving you about the same level of production and impact...all of it low tier.

7 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I guess now it's about can Guerin find someone interested in Rask, if Wild pays part of his salary. 

I don't think that will happen. His cap hit is still $4M. Any GM that picks him up at a $4M cap hit for that production should be pantsed and thrown in the street...

Even if the Wild pay part of his salary, he's getting paid $4M this season. Since the season is half over (roughly), he is owed $2M. If the Wild picked up half his salary, maybe he'd be worth $1M to some team, but then that team would still have the $4M cap hit for the rest of the season. Not sure what teams would be willing to absorb a $4M cap hit for half a season for a non-productive player that will be a UFA after this season. And the Wild would probably have to take some garbage contract in return that might go beyond this season. IMO the Wild are better off just sitting him on the taxi squad for the rest of the year (because there will be injuries and COVID) and then letting him and his $4M cap hit walk this summer. But that's just me.

I could see if this was last year, when he had a year left on his contract maybe Guerin could have moved him to some team like Seattle or Arizona that are trying to make the salary floor. But not now. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1