Flyers hire a new Assistant Coach

Samifan

8 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Don’t know anything about this guy but that stare may make a few Flyers piss themselves.

Yah-fricking-hoo another Minnesota Wild coach. Should fit right into this $hit show.

• Uggh... 1

At this stage, I feel indifferent. The season's poor performance under two coaches (perhaps a bit more effort under Yeo) tells me coaching isn't the issue--it's talent.  Torchetti's record isn't so hot...but the Minnesota connection gives clarity....OMG, we have gone from Flyers Fraternity to Wild Insiders.  It doesn't leave me warm and fuzzy.  That said, perhaps he can be a bad cop needed to offset other messaging.  Yeo is pretty clear in his pressers that pooping on his players may not help matters.  Maybe he needs someone to light particular fires.  It was hard to believe that he was with my backyard Panthers in 2003-04.  That is almost 20 years ago.  I had forgotten his place in the coaching merry-go-round on the Everglades.  

• Good Post 1

So he's coached his teams to miss the playoffs twice and then lose in the 1st round. Coached in Minnesota. Yep, that checks all the boxes for Fletch. 

How the hell is this clown GM?

Coaching record[edit]

Team Year Regular season Post season
G W L T OTL Pts Finish Result
FLA 2003–04 27 10 12 4 1 (75) 4th in Southeast Missed playoffs
LAK 2005–06 12 5 7 0 (89) 4th in Pacific Missed playoffs
MIN 2015–16 27 15 11 1 31 (87) 5th in Central Lost in First Round vs DAL 2-4

26 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

You know I really am starting to feel sorry for you guys.

But look at the bright side,  in 2-3 years you guys will be so bad that there is no way the owner won't finally fire Fletcher. 

Except, I think, in Flyers' fans case, they want to know when the OWNER can be fired, so the clogging upper management can then be cleansed :ph34r: 
Ol Fletch is just the 'sniffles' on a much larger medical problem...