Well that was fast, Marchand offered in person hearing for match penalty

nossagog

Brad Marchand has been offered an in person hearing with the league for what happened at the end of Tuesday's Pens/Bruins game.  Nothing that caused for any kind of injury, but the little poke in the mask with the stick as he was heading off got him a match penalty for intent to injure.  Would love to know what Jarry said to him that got his dander up

2 hours ago, nossagog said:

Brad Marchand has been offered an in person hearing with the league for what happened at the end of Tuesday's Pens/Bruins game.  Nothing that caused for any kind of injury, but the little poke in the mask with the stick as he was heading off got him a match penalty for intent to injure.  Would love to know what Jarry said to him that got his dander up

"Tell Katrina i said hello.   Maybe again next time we're in town."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nossagog said:

Would love to know what Jarry said to him that got his dander up

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?  I ask that of all my prey.  I just like the sound of it."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

image.png.0a01df7854bd095320d5838fcdee82ba.png

"Hey Brad! Brad! Brad! your gf sucks *****! Hey Brad! she's a dyke! I know, I know! She's a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian!"

LOL ... classic scene!  I was gonna post that earlier, but I was work and they kind of frown upon posting that type of stuff since they could potential monitor online activity. ...

• Like 2

I am in no way sticking up for him because he's a bruin, as he's been suspended/fined over 7 times in his career...but it's not the punch toJarry that is gonna get him sat again, but the stick work...got no issue with the punch at all, but you just can't jab a guy in the face with a stick.

48 minutes ago, Math said:

Six games.

Heavy, but he's paying for his past beauties.

Not enough in my opinion.  He's been suspended 8 times now and fined 5 times.  Should've been 10 games or more.

https://www.nhl.com/news/bruins-brad-marchand-gets-six-game-suspension/c-330646894

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Who is the Pens enforcer?  I don’t even know, do they have one?  I would hope there’s a line of guys, (see the “Airplane” movie) ready to beat Marchand’s arse the next time they play.  Call up some goon from the AHL if necessary.

Closest thing that they have is Brian Boyle. Don't think Marchand would have a go with him, it would have to be a smaller guy.  Wouldn't be surprised if Zac Aston Reese drops a challenge, small guy but feisty. 

Edited by nossagog

Yeah, just don't agree with him there. 

Just because Marchand hits Jarry with a gloved hand to a masked face does not mean he can't be injured, that's naive.  Then you could question how Bergeron was injured by his head contacted the boards. Because he had a helmet on, wasn't he protected? 

A concussion injury is due to the sudden acceleration or deceleration of the head. The punch to the head was not a little jab and caused a sudden acceleration of the head. This is to a player who as recently as last May missed games due a concussion from a puck shot to the protected head. Every game he takes the risk that it can happen again, AS PART OF THE GAME. Getting sucker punched after a play is over is not part of the game.  The NHL already has an issue with head injuries just as the NFL, and if they allow this kind of action on the ice, it will morph into legal/financial issues in the future.

The fact that Marchand doesn't understand this is part of the problem.  I have long supported having the NHL turn over the whole process of Player Safety over to the players union. Let them determine what they want their members to allow on the ice, and wipe the NHL's hands clean of this.  Let's see who the Players Union supports, the victims of this kind of play or the villain. And when the concussion syndrome law suits come up, the NHL can point to the union and say, "Hey, our hands are tied by the union, sue them".

• Good Post 1

I'm not at all sure WHY The Rat thinks he has an appeal case here.

I mean, if he has any explanation as to why he went spear fishing in Jarry's mask, I'd like to be in the room to hear it!
He even goes on to blow up his own case by saying, "Based on history, not the play"

Errrr, well, the PLAY was terrible. Punch followed up by the stick? Yea. May as well finished off with a Matt Cooke special and go for the Achilles tendon with his skate while he was at it :ph34r: 

And based on history.
Well, guess WHO made that history, fella? YOU did!

Track record of rodentia style play!
Rap sheet of things only capybaras pull off!
Reputation of being a blasted beaver based on actual events!

He is talking out of the side of his proboscis at this point.
Take your medicine, Templeton, and be ready to play after 6 games!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm not at all sure WHY The Rat thinks he has an appeal case here.

I mean, if he has any explanation as to why he went spear fishing in Jarry's mask, I'd like to be in the room to hear it!
He even goes on to blow up his own case by saying, "Based on history, not the play"

Errrr, well, the PLAY was terrible. Punch followed up by the stick? Yea. May as well finished off with a Matt Cooke special and go for the Achilles tendon with his skate while he was at it :ph34r: 

And based on history.
Well, guess WHO made that history, fella? YOU did!

Track record of rodentia style play!
Rap sheet of things only capybaras pull off!
Reputation of being a blasted beaver based on actual events!

He is talking out of the side of his proboscis at this point.
Take your medicine, Templeton, and be ready to play after 6 games!

Okay, here's my stupid, an at this time possibly alcohol induced,  addition to the NHL rulebook.   Fine, you want to appeal a suspension, you got it.  But if you are wrong, we'll add another %25 of the original suspension for a failed appeal.  Sorry Brad, you're wrong, so we'll add another 1.5 games to the 6. Call it 7 for now and we'll save the other .5 for another time, we think you'll be back.

Edited by nossagog
  • Like 1

Marchand's suspension upheld by Bettmen.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/33323628/boston-bruins-brad-marchand-six-game-ban-upheld-nhl-commissioner-gary-bettman

Marchand said his punch was prompted by Jarry saying, "How about that f---ing save?"

Talk about a weak chirp causing an overaction. Not even a single mention of a female member of his family.

5 hours ago, nossagog said:

Marchand's suspension upheld by Bettmen.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/33323628/boston-bruins-brad-marchand-six-game-ban-upheld-nhl-commissioner-gary-bettman

Marchand said his punch was prompted by Jarry saying, "How about that f---ing save?"

Talk about a weak chirp causing an overaction. Not even a single mention of a female member of his family.

Suspension upheld seems just.
Would've been mighty disappointing had they rescinded or reduced it because, to use Brad's own words, "Based on history".

As for the REASON he did what he did?
First of all, I am pretty sure WORSE has been said between players on the ice without anything more than some bumping around.
Secondly, I am also pretty sure, in fact, I would bet my mortgage on it, that The Rat himself has said much worse, and was in the mindset it was alright to do so.
He was still over the line overall here. Way over the line.

Fortunately for Marchand and the Bruins, the teams chasing them are Columbus, Detroit and the NY Islanders.
Not exactly teams who are ready for prime time.
If it were any other up n comer ready for playoff action now, this suspension, along with Bergeron's previous absence, and the goalies' overall lack of assertiveness in net, could have caused the Bruins to be on the outside looking in.

Finally, Marchand should just count his blessings he will be allowed back into the league after just six games.
"Based on history", I am thinking an encyclopedia sized hardcover book should have been thrown at him a long time ago...

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26