LA interested in Konecney

icehole

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This why there is very little hope....and as i mentioned the only change is all this is Danny Briere.

I'm telling you they trust the kid and well he is all we have got as far as hope of coming in and maybe talking these clowns into trying something new or putting him in charge and he trying something new.

So yeah other than that they are screwed....otherwise they think they KNOW the way the same one that has been tried for over the last decade...and well it hasn't. Danny B is the only guy who has a chance to fix this i think. Chuck will get promoted and Danny will be running the show.

But if Danny is just a younger yes man we are fcuked!

I repeat....back away from the bourbon

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Ha, they are so far away, it’s not actually that pivotal.  As a wise man once said:

I think so for the the next two drafts coming up.

They can stop this insanity.

But will they?

You have every right to think as negatively as possible but I just can't take more of this type of hockey...

...so I have to hold out hope change will come soon.

Cheers.

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They can stop this insanity.

But will they?

No. This has been another edition of simple answers to simple questions.

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just can't take more of this type of hockey...

That's why I'm not taking this type of hockey.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

You have every right to think as negatively as possible but I just can't take more of this type of hockey...

...so I have to hold out hope change will come soon.

Cheers.

Just for you, maybe we can change the world, like we did with Russia:

Edited by SCFlyguy

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Just for you, maybe we can change the world, like we did with Russia:

I remember being at a club in Rota Spain when i first heard this song deploying to the gulf...

..this tainted the song with the Flyers...

:rage:

I don't know. Am I over exaggerating if I think TK has done nothing for this team? Maybe. It's all in relation to what I think a top 6 guy should be though, and what he has done to make the team better. When the flyers are where they are, it's hard to say anyone makes them better. The only guy I have no problem with is Giroux, and I want him gone because he will give me the biggest return. I am seriously unattached to any other player.

I hear people always say that Hart is untouchable. Not to me. Again, has he made this team better? He's played to the level of the team in front of him. I can find 10 goalies who could do that. Everyone is so scared to ever lose Coots. Although he has become a better player than I thought he would be, you're not going to win anything putting 4 lines of couturiers out there. Provorov plays 26 minutes but his play has regressed.

So what are we holding onto here people? These players are the reason we are where we are. They are all great individual talents but they just don't get it done. Change it!

When was the last time you actually felt that the flyers really "won a trade"? I feel like it was around the time of the Hartnell, Timmo, Coburn deals. And that was by a guy who everyone hates. One of the reasons they haven't won a trade is because they haven't really offered up anything significant in a while. Was Patrick significant? 

I say give Danny a chance. Is he qualified? Hell if I know. I don't care...it's change. What's the worst that could happen...flyers become a bottom team in the league? Isn't that what they are anyway?

• Like 2

@icehole

lots of good points in your post. I get that no current player has talent enough to reverse the current problems. But is the talent they have being stifled because the team as whole is trash. Thats what I think is what we are seeing. If we unload these skilled guys, I fear they would go on to be very impactful for some other team. We have seen that too many times for it to be bad luck. As for TK, Im very disappointed in what he's become, and I wouldn't miss him. But he is exactly what the player I think would turn it back on with a new team. I blame the organization for what the team is

About Briere...I keep hearing how smart he is and how he has cut his teeth in a management position. I don't buy it. I think its false optimism. I haven't read anything that wows me about his time as an exec. And since the people grooming him, are the same ones ruining this franchise, I see him as the next in a long line of nepotism.

I'd love to be proven wrong

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

As for TK, Im very disappointed in what he's become, and I wouldn't miss him. But he is exactly what the player I think would turn it back on with a new team. I blame the organization for what the team is

There's a point at which it isn't the players. It's the organization*.

That point was about five years ago.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

About Briere...I keep hearing how smart he is and how he has cut his teeth in a management position. I don't buy it. I think its false optimism.

Ron Hextall was AGM on an actual Cup winning team.

He was fired for trying to bring that sort of perspective to the organization*.

But the next guy they pick is really going to turn it around.

george costanza comedy GIF

5 hours ago, icehole said:

I don't know. Am I over exaggerating if I think TK has done nothing for this team? Maybe. It's all in relation to what I think a top 6 guy should be though, and what he has done to make the team better. When the flyers are where they are, it's hard to say anyone makes them better. The only guy I have no problem with is Giroux, and I want him gone because he will give me the biggest return. I am seriously unattached to any other player.

Konecny is a much better player than he has been recently. He showed it his first few years here. But this franchise loves to bring the Kevin Hayes types and build around them. Guys previous teams dumped because of their lazy play. Then bring in all their buddies and make it a slugfest. And I don't mean punches.

I hear people always say that Hart is untouchable. Not to me. Again, has he made this team better? He's played to the level of the team in front of him. I can find 10 goalies who could do that.

You can find 10 goalies like Hart? Do any  of the teams that have them want to part with them? It took Philly 40 years to find a goalie like Hart. So let's trade him for a hope that we can get another goalie like him? When the powers that be found one IN FOUR DECADES?

Everyone is so scared to ever lose Coots. Although he has become a better player than I thought he would be, you're not going to win anything putting 4 lines of couturiers out there. Provorov plays 26 minutes but his play has regressed.

So what are we holding onto here people? These players are the reason we are where we are. They are all great individual talents but they just don't get it done. Change it!

When was the last time you actually felt that the flyers really "won a trade"? I feel like it was around the time of the Hartnell, Timmo, Coburn deals. And that was by a guy who everyone hates. One of the reasons they haven't won a trade is because they haven't really offered up anything significant in a while. Was Patrick significant? 

I say give Danny a chance. Is he qualified? Hell if I know. I don't care...it's change. What's the worst that could happen...flyers become a bottom team in the league? Isn't that what they are anyway?

I would trade anyone if I thought we could end up better because of it. After watching Fletch and co. trades for 3 years I have zero confidence he can do that. I'm actually pretty confident that if we have a busy trade deadline that we'll end up older, lousier and with less draft picks. Cause that's his M.O.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

.I keep hearing how smart he is and how he has cut his teeth in a management position. I don't buy it. I think its false optimism. I haven't read anything that wows me about his time as an exec.

His "unknown-ness" is daunting.

I have heard (well read ) Daniel is a keen talent evaluator- especially good with amateur talent. 

He was in consideration for the GM job in MLT, that fact gives me reason to think other people in the league think he's got some management upside and it is not just in PHI.

Of course, the flip side to that is, what has MLT won since 1986- so their thinking is nearly as flawed as Comcast/Spectacor's :hithead:

I do not know how effective he was during his time as the GM in Maine, it is at best hard to evaluate due to it coinciding with COVID.

But at the very least it is experience running a professional hockey team. 

I would like to think ol' Lil Paul McCartney's management style would be similar to his playing style- he would carve a bitch with his stick if he thought could get away with it. And he wanted the puck on his stick when it was time to win and seemed to always get better in the playoffs. 

If he can translate that ruthlessness from his playing days to management...maybe he could be an effective GM.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He was in consideration for the GM job in MLT, that fact gives me reason to think other people in the league think he's got some management upside and it is not just in PHI.

Didn't he play for MTL? Doesnt make me feel any better. If a team he didn't play for wanted him, then Id raise an eyebrow.

39 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I would like to think ol' Lil Paul McCartney's management style would be similar to his playing style- he would carve a bitch with his stick if he thought could get away with it. And he wanted the puck on his stick when it was time to win and seemed to always get better in the playoffs. 

If he can translate that ruthlessness from his playing days to management...maybe he could be an effective GM.

You make good points. Im not really trying to disagree, even though I am. But this franchise is as bad at hiring management as they are players. Berube was a tough bastard. I thought he was a cement head. When they made him coach, I was like "wtf?". I wasn't sure he could draw a picture of a puck with crayons. Go figure, they **** can his ass and he turns out to be a cup winner. I just can't get on board with this Briere thing. What's next, Tocchet as a head coach?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

what has MLT won since 1986

Wow so you going to act like 1993 didn't happen what a slap in Roy's face...

18 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I just can't get on board with this Briere thing.

Might as well because he is the only chance they have of turning this thing around. 

No?? Then who and when then?? The floor is yours...

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow so you going to act like 1993 didn't happen what a slap in Roy's face...

Might as well because he is the only chance they have of turning this thing around. 

No?? Then who and when then?? The floor is yours...

200.gif

Hate to say it, but this is how I see Briere...as a puppet. I hope he proves me wrong.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

200.gif

Hate to say it, but this is how I see Briere...as a puppet. I hope he proves me wrong.

Yeah we can call it either way he could be the next Yzerman or the next bum till given the chance to prove his worth we won't know.

I'm hopeing he can start turning this thing around back to where they seem to be heading and that was up...how long it takes is anyone's guess...two year away from being two years away is what it looks like right now...first think they need to do is find the right coach because Yeo isn't that guy...

• Like 2