Game 56: Golden Knights at Flyers; 3/8/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Jack Eichel is in the house.  Months after the stupid arse Adams lost him for us.   Thursday night I really want to go early during the warmup skate and holler out to him and beg him to sign my jersey to make it worth more than a perhaps $20 even though its a brand new, never worn NHL jersey.  The problem is it bears the Eichel name on a Sabres jersey.  As for this game, Ill pick Vegas 6-4.

10 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Predicted Score:  Approximately 4-2 Golden Knights:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/vegas-philadelphia-odds-march-8-2022-1474311

I can live with that. No injuries please though.

10 days till Giroux is traded...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

the team got the lead then went through the motions and let Hart see if he could win the game by himself. Did JVR even have any TOI? it's the same bs—zero accountability to the team. they just get lucky some nights by virtue of the phrase "we can't lose them all (can we?)."

Nice to see them finally win a couple games for a change. Probably not the best way to try and close out a game, going into a defensive shell. But to their credit they worked hard and did a good job keeping shooters to the outside and they blocked a ton of shots too. Add in a 40+ save night from Hart - who was a monster tonight - and they pulled it off.

Meanwhile Provorov is still making boneheaded, WTF mistakes. God only knows what's up with him. He hasn't played a clean, mistake-free game in like 2 years (yes I'm exaggerating but not much). He still does plenty of good things but the unforced errors are just too much. Maybe he can talk to Carter's sports shrink or something.

38 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

the team got the lead then went through the motions and let Hart see if he could win the game by himself.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

The Flyers D men should be called Matadors...

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

16 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

No worries, as soon as G, Braun and Risto are traded we will surely have another 10 game losing streak and finish the season the proper way.

It is highly unlikely the suck enough to pass the Sabres they have 3 games in hand on them.

I knew they would do this they always do this that is the way their Captain leads wait till the expectations drop and there is no more pressure then play ok enough to squeak out a win.

The Giroux way.

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow March 17th can't get here fast enough

somewhere that **** Therrien is lamenting that he didn't get us to 32nd in the league PP before his time was up.

• Haha 1

So this is my new thing.... I come to this forum BEFORE checking the score of the game (of course...I'm not watching), to see if I can figure out who won by reading the game thread. It's quiet fun!

So I take it the Flyers took a one goal lead somewhere, and PAINFULLY held it through the 3rd....allowing 40+shots in the process in a parade to the penalty box? JVR was invisible, and hart was the only reason they won the game. Oh and Hayes looked lazy and uninspired. Risto looked lost. And some AHL 4th liner punched someone?

I'm gonna say 3-2 victory against a tired road team (seriously don't even know if this was home or away)....

How did I do?!....

(Ah, don't answer that. I don't really care.;)

Edited by MaineFlyFan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

So this is my new thing.... I come to this forum BEFORE checking the score of the game (of course...I'm not watching), to see if I can figure out who won by reading the game thread. It's quiet fun!

So I take it the Flyers took a one goal lead somewhere, and PAINFULLY held it through the 3rd....allowing 40+shots in the process in a parade to the penalty box? JVR was invisible, and hart was the only reason they won the game. Oh and Hayes looked lazy and uninspired. Risto looked lost. And some AHL 4th liner punched someone?

I'm gonna say 3-2 victory against a tired road team (seriously don't even know if this was home or away)....

How did I do?!....

You are  genius...can you coach hockey Flyers need a new head coach...can't hurt to ask.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

How did I do?!....

I hope they don't ruin this kid....well on the way of doing to Provy and TK.

• Uggh... 1

3 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

JVR was invisible, and hart was the only reason they won the game. Oh and Hayes looked lazy and uninspired. Risto looked lost.

You don't even have to mention any of this....known this for years