Ellis has a bum hip?

Samifan

14 minutes ago, Fizz said:

He was done before the idiot Fletcher traded for him.

I have never seen a GM as incompetent as Fletcher.

Damaged goods for damaged goods.

Maybe Poile finally got Homer back for Offer sheeting Weber.

The irony.

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

He was done before the idiot Fletcher traded for him.

I have never seen a GM as incompetent as Fletcher.

Oh, I have no doubt he was injured before Son of Cliff traded for him. 

The irony of this **** season: Flyers and Ellis tight lipped about his injury/issue and it gets revealed on national television by a career 4th line goon. 😂

• Good Post 1

@Samifan

Doesn't the league require players to pass a physical once trades are submitted?

I mean i reckon it could be a ********, "his heart is beating and his lungs are clear" physical I suppose. 

Seems like trading a guy with a known injury would be against a rule or two.

If the player wasn't disclosing the injury that is not cool either.

Some things Chuck should be pilloried for, Risto, Hayes 7 x 7 but the Ellis situation . I am having a hard time thinking anyone knew Ellis was "that kind" of damaged goods last summer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@Samifan

Doesn't the league require players to pass a physical once trades are submitted?

I mean i reckon it could be a ********, "his heart is beating and his lungs are clear" physical I suppose. 

Seems like trading a guy with a known injury would be against a rule or two.

If the player wasn't disclosing the injury that is not cool either.

Some things Chuck should be pilloried for, Risto, Hayes 7 x 7 but the Ellis situation . I am having a hard time thinking anyone knew Ellis was "that kind" of damaged goods last summer.

I'm positive team doctors examine players acquired in trades, but our team Dr's are quacks and im sure they don't do MRIs to detect something like a hip problem .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I'm positive team doctors examine players acquired in trades, but our team Dr's are quacks and im sure they don't do MRIs to detect something like a hip problem .

The Flyers medical staff has been miss treating injuries for years. I agree Ellis probably had to pass a physical and I also agree, McCrossin may have concluded Ellis’ physical after completing the “turn your head and cough” portion.

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Samifan said:

The Flyers medical staff has been miss treating injuries for years. I agree Ellis probably had to pass a physical and I also agree, McCrossin may have concluded Ellis’ physical after completing the “turn your head and cough” portion.

Well doctors miss stuff all the time that is why they call it "practicing" medicine for a reason.

They tell people they are going to die and they are still walking around fine too.

Can't take the human element out of it. I hope Ellis didn't with hold something.

Either way they will get his cap hit back if they have to LTIR him and they didn't give up anything for him.

So is he in their plans going forward i guess hard to say with them being tight lipped about everything.

• Like 1

thisisnt being reported on anywhere else.For allwe know, PB was running off a the mouth, or jumping to conclusions. RE looked good for the 4 games. Any or all of this could be true. But its entirely also possible the injury occurred in Philly. I don't like Chuk-fuk at all, but I need more evidence

I feel pretty good about the fact thst he has been shut down. If it a recoverable injury, the Flyers are not rushing him back at a time when they damn sure need him. Flip side of that, it could be a career ender

i'll wait to see what happens before losing my mind

• Like 3

Ellis was a bad acquisition regardless of all this hip speculation. If Chuckie had half a brain he would realize the wear and tear Ellis has been through since he was 16 yrs old. Playing against men bigger and stronger than him, heavy minutes in playoff games, just look at his attendance the last 5 seasons. It was a stupid get,  a typical dysfunction in Flyer junction panic move.

And I suspect we can anticipate more of the same ignorant, stubborn, arrogant mismanagement this coming off season.

• Good Post 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

PB was running off a the mouth, or jumping to conclusions

As I mentioned previously, as hard as the Flyers and Ellis have tried to keep his injury a secret the fact PB just threw it out there as a hip injury then tried to cover his blurb by saying LBI is hysterical. 

The fraternity of NHL players is pretty close knit so I believe Bissonette mentioned hip injury because he’s heard colleagues around the league talking about it or heard it from Ellis himself. 

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

'll wait to see what happens before losing my mind

I don’t think anyone that’s commented on this has lost their mind. We’re just saying, if it’s a hip, it may be tough to come back from and be effective at his age. 

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@RonJeremy

@Samifan

Well fellas I forgot about ol' Jimmy "the Groin" McCrossin.

It is entirely possible Sami's scenario is what actually happened.

That was a great laugh too, thanks Sami.

The real question is..if Ellis is on LTI or is done totally, then what old stiff are we gonna go after to replace him. Maybe that Petry rumor is true . Since the other GMs know Schmuck is desperate , I’m sure he will get fleeced and give up some good prospects for a guy who’s best days are behind him. I would rather go after a young dman like Chycrun or someone in that category than a old guy who will give you maybe two good years and then become a financial burden.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Ellis was a bad acquisition regardless of all this hip speculation. If Chuckie had half a brain he would realize the wear and tear Ellis has been through since he was 16 yrs old. Playing against men bigger and stronger than him, heavy minutes in playoff games, just look at his attendance the last 5 seasons. It was a stupid get,  a typical dysfunction in Flyer junction panic move.

And I suspect we can anticipate more of the same ignorant, stubborn, arrogant mismanagement this coming off season.

Nonsense

37 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Guys have managed to be effective players and defenders well into there late 30s.

You make a good point about the grind of being regular sized and playing years of hard minutes. 

Can't argue with that, nor questioning the wisdom of committing that long term to player with "high mileage ".

Turns out Ellis isn't a Lexus or a Benz.

There was also a leadership component that I'll bet played a big part of making that trade.

Trying to change the culture of the locker room get a guy with some success in the playoffs...

The guy is never available though so whatever intangible difference that could have made, never materialized.

It was a risk, but one that could have worked out favorably. 

It hasn't worked out.

If the rumor is true, it will be difficult to work around him to build something good.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I mean, why change now, right?

It's the way we've always done things.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If the rumor is true, it will be difficult to work around him to build something good.

I don't know, there might be some future consideration work they can pull off with the Arizona Dead Cap Space.

:hocky:

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

R.I.P. Ryan Ellis ye was a good one...

790C4355-B121-4236-BD46-F293837AF334.thumb.jpeg.500e28d1f67298791913f42e1c560624.jpg.64dc9496344acfe590233a234df12feb.jpg

15-36-9 

DAMN YOU RYAN ELLIS!!!!!!

:whiteflag:

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Maybe that Petry rumor is true .

It could be but how it was, a 1st and/or whatever and Desnoyers i hang up the damn phone.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1