2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version (#5 Overall)

pilldoc

2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Updated Question. Flyers are now drafting #5 overall. Who do you want?

• Juraj Slafkovsky -TPS (Liiga) (Slovakia)- LW / C / RW
    • Simon Nemec -HK Nitra (Slovakia) - RHD
    • Logan Cooley - USDP (United States) - C (NOTE: Committed to Univ. Minn.)
    • Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Joakim Kemell - JYP (Liiga) (Finland) - RW
    • David Jiricek - HC Plzen (Czech) - RHD
    • Connor Geekie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Other?
    • BPA (Best Player Available)

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

For one i know the Hawks need a goalie so maybe they could package one of the many young goalies they have with a prospect or two...5th pick Fedotov and what else???

Throw in Hayes or JVR

like I posted in another thread, if I can move the 5 pick for AD, it's already done

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Throw in Hayes or JVR

like I posted in another thread, if I can move the 5 pick for AD, it's already done

If there's a way that Kirby Dach can be included, I'd be more inclined to go with a blockbuster. So, let's spitball on what kind of deal it would take. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If there's a way that Kirby Dach can be included, I'd be more inclined to go with a blockbuster. So, let's spitball on what kind of deal it would take. 

You first everything i ever posted always gets shot down because well it's the Flyers and Chuck is running the show and Flyers aren't allowed to have nice things so i'm done suggesting i'll let all these arm chair GMs do their thing....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

after this coach hiring, I have no more energy to spitball something like that. Heads would explode

Calvin & Hobbes head exploding | Calvin and hobbes, Mind blown, Cool  cartoons

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ctid said:

How much does the hiring of Torts, potentially change the Flyers plans on who they want at 5? Does Torts have the final say? 

If Savoie is still there at 5, then Fletcher should pick him but it wouldn't surprise me to see Fletcher trade the 5th overall for a quick fix.

1 hour ago, ctid said:

How much does the hiring of Torts, potentially change the Flyers plans on who they want at 5? Does Torts have the final say? 

I think it's going to be an interesting summer regarding this team.

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think it's going to be an interesting summer regarding this team.

You know Tortorella is going to lean heavily on Atkinson to get the scoop on the locker room. O fully expect that a number of players will be thrown under the bus and one of them will probably be Provorov, if any of the stories about him being a diva and throwing tantrums for being taken off the power play are true. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@BobbyClarkeFan16

I would think 9 would benefit from Tortorella's tutelage. 

I would think really hard about moving him in a hockey trade.

Provorov hasn't had a lot of stability in his NHL development. 

He's not old. 

If there is a  current case where the team gives up on a guy right as he's "getting it" I think Ivan is that guy.

To me,  trading Provorov has a strong Justin Williams/Patrick Sharpe vibe.

My hope is Ivan grows up a little and becomes that top pairing player everyone expected.

Yeah no way I am giving up on a guy who was at one point tied with Hedman for more goals by a defenseman in a season.

Kid is under tremendous pressure with very little stability or help from his forwards. And this is where Torts can help him.

He said in the video I watched he isn't about taking offense away from his forwards.

But he is going to ask them to help with their defensive responsibilities playing without the puck and that is also where a few of these forwards will find themselves on his bad side.

I have faith in Ivan and he is one of my favorite Flyers.

If he can find a steady partner he will rebound.

I am really crossing my fingers Ellis can get healthy and contribute.

And if not I would be good with Chuck picking up the phone and calling Montreal and see what their asking price is for an old Torts defenseman David Savard he is only on the book for 3 more years at 3.5 mill per season.

He could help in the top 4 if not with Ivan then at least with Sanheim.

I wonder if they were to offer even JVR and something for him, say pick up half of James salary and it would be a wash for Montreal.

Savard even though on the wrong side of 30 can still help with keeping the puck out the net while adding a physical presence too.

In fact he was the guy I wanted Chuck to sign instead of going after Risto.

Any ways I'm throwing out the idea so some negative Nancy will be along shortly to spew the same old tired sh it about how this wouldn't help and all that garbage.

Well save your breathe Nancy (you know who you are and GFY!).

Just an idea as I enjoy my morning coffee

☕️ 

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Any ways I'm throwing out the idea so some negative Nancy will be along shortly to spew the same old tired sh it about how this wouldn't help and all that garbage.

Well save your breathe Nancy (you know who you are and GFY!).

Just an idea as I enjoy my morning coffee

☕️ 

Image result for nancy elm street

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I would be good with Chuck picking up the phone and calling Montreal and see what their asking price is for an old Torts defenseman David Savard he is only on the book for 3 more years at 3.5 mill per season.

Savard even though on the wrong side of 30 can still help with keeping the puck out the net while adding a physical presence too.

☕️ 

Sure, and why not call Boston for Foligno while you're at it?

This roster needs a reconstruction, not more old guys past their prime. 

So back to the draft, thinking maybe if we don't want either of the two D guys, maybe Gauthier is the guy. maybe 5 is a little high for him, but if anyone jumps above their ranking it'll be him. 

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

• pilldoc unpinned and pinned this topic
On 6/11/2022 at 6:22 PM, mojo1917 said:

I mean, it sounds like Cutter is a player any team could use. 

We can talk size and speed all day but i know the Flyers need players with motivation like this.

Hey if you are looking to trade back and still add talent i like this kid's tape i have watched.

6-2 187 just what the Dr. ordered.....

On 6/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, OccamsRazor said:

We can talk size and speed all day but i know the Flyers need players with motivation like this.

Hey if you are looking to trade back and still add talent i like this kid's tape i have watched.

From what I've seen in mock drafts he won't be there if you trade back.  His value has shot up in the last month. I've seen a couple where he's been ranked 5,6,7. 

After watching Nathan MacKinnon play last night, I remembered how it was a surprise to many that he leapfrogged Seth Jones to become the #1 pick in his draft year. 

Sakic definitely picked the right guy.

Every time he was on the ice in this tournament he looked fast and dangerous. 

He looked McDavid-like in that regard. 

It would be fascinating to talk with Joe to get his perspective today about what he saw in Mac to shuffle the top of the deck like that.

It paid off- he was definitely the right guy to build around.

42 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

would be fascinating to talk with Joe to get his perspective today about what he saw in Mac to shuffle the top of the deck like that.

He saw Mac carry and turn Drouin into a the 3rd overall player for starters.

And Tampa fell for it...

• Like 2

From what I've seen in mock drafts he won't be there if you trade back.  His value has shot up in the last month. I've seen a couple where he's been ranked 5,6,7. 

6 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

I think I take him over Gauthier for sure.

I'm starting to get a nervous feeling with only a few days before the draft. Honestly, I'm ok with the Flyers selecting one of Savoie/ Gauthier/Jiricek/Nemec or even moving down to grab a Kasper or Lekkerimaki (who is a devastating finisher). I'm worried that they're going to put together a stupid package for a player that won't be a fit and it's just going to be another mess. It really feels like there isn't a plan in place and that Fletcher is throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Kasper looks to be a beauty. 

Yeah but they will have to trade back to take him and knowing their luck IF they ever were to do so he would go off the board the pick right before theirs.

I don't know what the Flyers have to do to get a better turn at luck like the Eagles have had the last 5 years.

WTF will it take??