*** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***

TBL vs NYR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning continue as Prince of Wales Champions? Or do the Rangers snatch that title en route to bigger things?

• Lightning in 4. Bolts show the Ranges how a two time champion handles business. In crushing fashion.
    • Lightning in 5. Rangers show a bit of attitude and drive, but the defending Champs are still way too much.
    • Lightning in 6. Rangers give it all, but the Lightning's talent, experience, and drive for success can't be overcome.
    • Lightning in 7. Blueshirts push the defending Cup champions to their limit, but fall short of greatness...just barely.
    • Rangers in 4. New Eastern standard. And they now reside in New York City
    • Rangers in 5. NY has learned their playoff lessons well and have an answer for just about everything the Bolts throw at them.
    • Rangers in 6. Great series that sees lots of championship caliber play from both sides, but it is now the Rangers' time.
    • Rangers in 7. The Bolts thought they had their path carved to the Finals, but NY shows they have the last say on who upstages who, and finally slay the electric dragon.

This poll is closed to new votes

While I kind of want the Av's to face the 2 time defending champs, I wanted NYR to win this one to send it to TB and make them force a gm 7.
Then part of me would like to see NYR take on the Av's. 😬

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

While I kind of want the Av's to face the 2 time defending champs, I wanted NYR to win this one to send it to TB and make them force a gm 7.

I am pretty sure the Avs would LOVE that scenario...take on the lesser experienced team. Heh.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL Lead 3-2)

I love seeing the Ranger faithful streaming for the exits.

Regardless of this series outcome,  the Rangers should feel pretty good about this season- and their future.

They're a good looking team. 

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I am pretty sure the Avs would LOVE that scenario...take on the lesser experienced team. Heh.

I think it would be a fun series tho. 😁
But then I really dislike to root for the big cities like NY...So conflicted. :P

That's going to be the difference in this series, it seems. The Lightning know how to win close games. Strome, Lindgren and Fox....had GOLDEN opportunies and just weren't clutch.

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I really want the 2 time defending champs in the Lightning so the Avs can have the shot to take down the team at on top. That is what I want and that is what I think now is going to happen. 

Edited by Captain Lando
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Your team was outplayed and they sucked it out because they have the better goalie.  Rangers coach need to scream at the d men to take the head off the guy just standing in front of goalie unchallenged so the screen allowed the puck to go in.  This on their first goal that tied it. The Rangers will throw the kitchen sink at them Saturday.  They will be the more desperate team and I hope it’s enough.  If not, Colorado wins the Cup.  They likely win vs either.

• Uggh... 1

The huge hype and talk about home ice fans will get this game 5 taken care of. Well I just looked over the game 5 stat sheet with a fine tooth comb and guess what not a single thing on it from the dreaded home ice fans to help the Rangers to this supposed easy victory. 😛 

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Your team was outplayed and they sucked it out because they have the better goalie.  Rangers coach need to scream at the d men to take the head off the guy just standing in front of goalie unchallenged so the screen allowed the puck to go in.  This on their first goal that tied it. The Rangers will throw the kitchen sink at them Saturday.  They will be the more desperate team and I hope it’s enough.  If not, Colorado wins the Cup.  They likely win vs either.

You keep saying, round after round "your team was outplayed"....yet they keep winning.

If it were the Blues, you'd be all about how 'loaded' they are...how they have 'weapons'....how 'they know how to win'.
And yet...the Blues are sitting at home now and the Bolts are continuing to play....like they have for the last two playoff seasons.
Well, the Lightning are 'loaded', have 'weapons', and 'know how to win'. 

Someone, somewhere will beat Tampa Bay. And I am sure you will be there to let everyone know that "you knew that was going to happen".
Wonderful.
In the meantime, enjoy the history you are witnessing. There is a very special core group at work there, doing great things, and with a chance to do something no one has done in nearly 40 years.

AND, even if they lose this year, it doesn't diminish what they've accomplished, nor the fact they are still young and good enough to make another run for the next two or three seasons on top of it.

Your Buffalo Sabres are in the same division as the Lightning. The Sabres can take LOTS of notes on how the Lightning built a winner...and I am sure they are.
Remember this: stiff competition in a division breeds tougher teams overall in the division.
Bolts set a standard other teams are wanting to meet or exceed....bottom line: They are freaking GOOD at what they do...so much so that even when "teams outplay them", they still find ways to win.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Oh, man... The sound of his head hitting the floor was so bad.

I saw that video and was completely disgusted by what I witnessed.

What jerseys were being worn by whom is so freakin irrelevant, it's not even funny.
What I saw was a criminal act of violence...one that the thug who perpetrated it will likely get away with.

Karma has a way of settling with people though....that other guy will pay somewhere down the line, and probably in a way he didn't expect.

Have read various takes on that incident...from serious takes, to poke fun takes, to downright just plain wrong takes.
Some were saying stupid things like, "That's why Florida fans should stay south"....yadda, yadda.

I can pretty much guarantee that there are thugs in 'soft Florida' that would do things in Alligator Alley to some lost New Yorkers who would be unfortunate enough to meet them there.
And you know what? Those Floridians would be just as disgusting human beings as the one who assaulted that one guy at the game.

North, South, East, West...no matter the state/province, U.S., Canada....people can be such animals.
Doing dumb chit over a freakin sporting event.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

In the meantime, enjoy the history you are witnessing. There is a very special core group at work there, doing great things, and with a chance to do something no one has done in nearly 40 years.

Yeah if they got a third in a row in the context of a 30+ league with salary cap, revenue sharing and all that stuff to even things out, that would be pretty insane.

Yesterday on the TVA evening show, to the question asked to former goalie Eric Fichaud: "Will it be right to call the Lightning a dynasty if they win the cup?" -- "They are already a dynasty..."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I saw that video and was completely disgusted by what I witnessed.

What jerseys were being worn by whom is so freakin irrelevant, it's not even funny.
What I saw was a criminal act of violence...one that the thug who perpetrated it will likely get away with.

Karma has a way of settling with people though....that other guy will pay somewhere down the line, and probably in a way he didn't expect.

Nope. They caught the guy right after. Arresting officer apparently an Isles fan. 

• Like 3