Has Fletcher explained his exact reason for buying out Lindblom

RonJeremy

If he was buying out Lindblom to free up $$ for Godreau, that is one thing. But to turn around and pay a goon 2 million a year for four years over a guy making 3 million for one year just makes no sense. He should have given Lindblom one more year and see if he could regain his form. Has anyone in the media questioned him on this? Or did his spokeswoman Peppermint Patty  say we will circle back on that.

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Fletcher hates kids with cancer.

Lindblom brings back Fletcher's childhood nightmare induced by the "scary" dude on Sesame Street.

And by "childhood," I mean like a couple years ago before it went to HBO.

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

I think there was a plan in place to sign JG. Moving OL was a part of that. However, he fell flat on his dickface because he couldn't move JVR.

I figure that's it. No matter what they say, they were trying to sign JG and I think JG wanted to be signed by them BUT there were limits and Fletcher should have been clearing cap space ages ago. 

4 yrs is probably the only way they get DeLo or anybody. I mean who wants to play for a tanking team? Even cementheads want an overpay for that. 

• Like 2

Flyers have a rich history of treating members of he organization who get cancer like ****. Have they fired McCrossin and the other equipment guy that got cancer from the Zamboni fumes yet?

RIP Roger Neilson, Bob Clarke says hello

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

4 yrs is probably the only way they get DeLo or anybody. I mean who wants to play for a tanking team? Even cementheads want an overpay for that. 

And players like him are "hard to find" - because most GMs look for guys who can play hockey.

The correct answer if a 31-year-old journeyman enforcer wants a deal twice as long with a rate nearly twice what he's ever been paid is:

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

a 31-year-old journeyman enforcer wants a deal twice as long with a rate nearly twice what he's ever been paid

And on Day 1 of UFA.  I mean, this might be the worst UFA signing I can think of since at least Dale Weise.  Look, I get the theory for wanting this guy.  But at that rate for that term on day 1?  Holy Jumpin’.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vis said:

And on Day 1 of UFA.  I mean, this might be the worst UFA signing I can think of since at least Dale Weise.  Look, I get the theory for wanting this guy.  But at that rate for that term on day 1?  Holy Jumpin’.

Oh, but there was a bidding war and players like this are hard to find and the Flyers need to be tough to play against (but apparently not to score against).

I get the concept they are going for, but the execution is just ridiculously terrible.

The long and the short of it is that Fletcher was actually afraid of not signing Dislorry, eh? And so he overpaid in length and term.

Given that his analytics look astonishingly like Ristolainen's, I think we can see where he is coming from...

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

Oh, but there was a bidding war and players like this are hard to find and the Flyers need to be tough to play against (but apparently not to score against).

I get the concept they are going for, but the execution is just ridiculously terrible.

The long and the short of it is that Fletcher was actually afraid of not signing Dislorry, eh? And so he overpaid in length and term.

Given that his analytics look astonishingly like Ristolainen's, I think we can see where he is coming from...

Yep.  Sums it up.  

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

Who the hell was he bidding against ....the GM ghost of Christmas past???  There was absolutely NO ONE who was going to sign Dislorry ...

That is what makes this move/signing absolutely asinine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Who the hell was he bidding against ....the GM ghost of Christmas past???  There was absolutely NO ONE who was going to sign Dislorry ...

Oh, but the player says there was a healthy market for him. No, really. There was. Honest.

I mean, good for him, but it comes back to the old adage that "if some idiot is about to do something stupid, don't do it before he does."

There is NO ONE outside of 3600 S. Broad that I can find who likes the 4-year deal, and there are people INSIDE 3600 S. Broad who don't like it, either.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

but it comes back to the old adage that "if some idiot is about to do something stupid, don't do it before he does."

why didnt someone tell me this sooner? :bonkingheadonwall:

9 hours ago, radoran said:

And players like him are "hard to find" - because most GMs look for guys who can play hockey.

The correct answer if a 31-year-old journeyman enforcer wants a deal twice as long with a rate nearly twice what he's ever been paid is:

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The contract without a doubt is ridiculous. That's on Fletcher.

I just don't extend that hate onto Nick. He's a good guy and a good team guy and good for him to get the payday. You want to hate, don't hate Nick, hate Fletcher. 

getting back to Oskar - Fletcher cuts him and immediately he gets a new contract from Mike Grier in San Jose. Sharks GM says he's exactly the kind of player they're looking for, a young guy who's shown potential, is hungry to prove himself, a great character guy, etc. (not to mention inexpensive). I guess Fletcher felt the Flyers have too many of those types around already.

If the idea really was to free up cap space for Gaudreau then obviously the plan depends entirely on moving JVR. You can always decide later to buy out Oskar if your plan goes to sh-t. Once again the Flyers do things backasswards and screw themselves (and the fans) in the process.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

The contract without a doubt is ridiculous. That's on Fletcher.

I just don't extend that hate onto Nick. He's a good guy and a good team guy and good for him to get the payday. You want to hate, don't hate Nick, hate Fletcher. 

My post was saying how Fletcher should have reacted.

If the description of a "31-year-old journeyman enforcer" is incorrect, I am happy to be corrected.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, radoran said:

My post was saying how Fletcher should have reacted.

If the description of a "31-year-old journeyman enforcer" is incorrect, I am happy to be corrected.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Sorry I can't make you happy.  Not this time.

• Like 1