Ruff proving he is a great coach. And Miller a great goalie

Guest Miller Time

@Miller Time Sorry for the case of mistaken identity bro. Got you mixed up with another poster who most are not fond of here. Anyways, a heart felt welcome is in order, and again sorry for the mix up earlier. This is a great site, hope you enjoy it!

Not everybody from Buffalo or every Sabres fan is Rick, for crying out loud.

And posting about a team in their own forum is hardly "taunting" from where I sit...

Miller would have to be one of the top half dozen goalies in the league?

@radoran

A) Never said anything about taunting.

B)Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when making a statement like "When all is said and done, I still will take Ryan Miller over any goalie in the world" (regardless of the forum) you can bet it's going to get some flack/response. Even Peluga admitted it was over the top...a fellow Sabre fan, so it's not hard to see why a Flyers fan (or *any* other fan for that matter) would think it's an odd statement. It almost seemed like it was meant to entice a negative response, which is why I thought it was Rick. Digity informed I was wrong, so I politely apoligized. Don't see the big deal here.....

@radoran I agree with your general line of thinking rad. I think some of the garbage we were exposed to at philly.com made a lot of us overly suspicious, but in reality, different posters, different site altogether...so a different approach/mentality is in order. From my perspective, this site was set up to discuss hockey and avoid the mob mentality that a lot of us are used to. It may sound a bit childish and simplistic but a lot of us have to realize (myself included) that just because some posters cheer for other teams it does not mean they are trolls looking for trouble. I realized I jumped the gun, felt bad for my part and thus the apology.

There are a few leaf fans here and there. Not a very proud time for them I assume....

Anything you want to know about the site you can find here - --> http://www.hockeyfor...ricks-features/

Or you can just ask in the forum chatter box on the front page. Most would know the answers.

Thanks for the verification. I could have sworn MT was Rick. That was the same name/logo combo from the other forum, though not like it's a hard one to pick for a Sabres fan.

Bear in mind though, Rick used to brag about his proxies and new email accounts to get around bans.

I didn't experience Buffalo Rick first hand, and I'm simply reserving rather than rushing to judgement.

I do have very good friends in Buffalo and know that most people up there aren't obnoxious boors.

True story, Ruff has a niece who lives in Galion Ohio about ten minutes from me, she was dating a relative of mine and the last time she went to Buffalo she came back with a Ryan Miller jersey for me, so since then even tho I am a wings fan I root for Ruff. Good to see your boys turn it on.

@yave1964 Yet another true story....about 13 or 14 years ago I met Lindy Ruff. It was in the Windsor Spitfires bar after a game. I assume he was there to scout, but not sure. Anyways, he was either out of smokes or didn't want to use his own, but he bummed two off me and a few off my buddies. He was pretty aloof and a fairly obnixious drunk. All in all, not a plesant guy, just the way I thought he would be.

@yave1964 Yet another true story....about 13 or 14 years ago I met Lindy Ruff. It was in the Windsor Spitfires bar after a game. I assume he was there to scout, but not sure. Anyways, he was either out of smokes or didn't want to use his own, but he bummed two off me and a few off my buddies. He was pretty aloof and a fairly obnixious drunk. All in all, not a plesant guy, just the way I thought he would be.

Ruff smokes the OPC brand...who would have thought.....Other Peoples Cigarettes....

Even if Miller Time= Buffalo Rick, he has played by the rules here(as Miller Time) and not acted like the SpermCatcher Buffalo Rick. This is the "Sabres" portion of the Forum so it is not like he is spamming a flyers site. Miller has been pretty strong in goal since he put down the whine bottle but I would still take Tim Thomas, Henry Lundqvuist, Pekka Rinne, Marty Brodeur, and even Mike Quick before Miller due to his occasional Bryzgalov like melt downs. Ruff, well let's just say I am happy he is the Sabres coach.