Game 1: New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers; 10/13/22 @ 7 PM, HULU, ESPN+

Howie58

Greetings:

NJ is a mild favorite:

https://www.silive.com/betting/2022/10/devils-vs-flyers-prediction-and-best-bet-for-the-season-opener.html

This matchup pairs two likely cellar dwellers in the Metropolitan Division.  But NJ has some good young talent and is further along in a rebuild.  That said, I hope the Torts Era gets off to a positive start.  

Edited by Howie58
New Info
  • Like 1

I'm not so cynical as to predict 82 straight losses. Some of them will be 2-1 / 1-0 OTLs, but my prediction is thus: 21-48-13.

edit: we will also lose the draft lottery to NJD, no matter where they end up in the standings.

Edited by mkscrewy
add more sukkk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

we will also lose the draft lottery to NJD, no matter where they end up in the standings.

Really i was thinking it was time for Uncle Gary to replenish the Penguins aging stars now and what better way to replace a generational talent than with another generational talent.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I have work and don't have the HULU gig.  I'll look forward to the gang's comments.  

Carter might be rusty up front.  Hopefully, the D gives him time to get acclimated.  But that might not be realistic.  

• Like 1

I going into this season with the expectation they will struggle to win 20 games. I am  also prepared to see a lot of blowout losses. 

The more important thing for me is to see this team get an identity back and to try and restore some pride back in the crest on the front of the sweater. 

:toast:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I have work and don't have the HULU gig.  I'll look forward to the gang's comments.  

Carter might be rusty up front.  Hopefully, the D gives him time to get acclimated.  But that might not be realistic.  

If you can get it Center ice is always usually free I think the first week as a reminder

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Samifan said:

get an identity back and to try and restore some pride back in the crest on the front of the sweater. 

So, after a decade under the leadership of the longest-termed captain in the history of the franchise, with the senior hockey advising from hall of fame members of the organization*, building a team "the way they've always done it", spending to the cap, and "competing for the Stanley Cup" every season the team is a directionless husk of itself in desperate search of an identity and had to bring in an outside coach to give them "the standard" to live up to?

And this all apparently happened since *checks notes* late March?

And this is their positive spin on the situation?

🤔

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

59 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I going into this season with the expectation they will struggle to win 20 games. I am  also prepared to see a lot of blowout losses. 

The more important thing for me is to see this team get an identity back and to try and restore some pride back in the crest on the front of the sweater. 

:toast:

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!??

I came here for the White Flag Dammit! ;)

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You here we go right here.

https://ok.ru/videoembed/4258917654163

an alt link 

https://cast.istream2watch.com/video/nj-devils-vs-phi-flyers-2022-10-13-23-00-00

Sorry, this one seems to not be working

Edited by Cheesesteak
  • Like 1