Game 2: Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers; 10/15/22 @ 4 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O & B are mild favorite (-120).  It looks like Thatcher Demko versus Carter Hart between the pipes. Demko is 1-1 against us lifetime, with a 2.90 GAA. We'll see if the mojo from Game 1 carries over.  Owen Tippett is doubtful for tomorrow and day-to-day overall.  

LGF

Edited by Howie58

17 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Somebody has to go when Atkinson or other returns.  Agreed--no great loss.  

Yes and no it could be just a paper transaction though waive him he clears and he can still play.

"Hodgy struggled. He did, he struggled," Tortorella said Friday. "I have to make those calls along the way. When Tip went down and Hodgy struggled, it kind of hurt [Nicolas Deslauriers] a little bit because I just felt the flow of the game, I ended up going three lines quite a bit there that second half of the game."

Buy it doesn't make sense to waive him and play Zach.

It should be another kid who gets the nod.

But reading between the lines on Hodges well it may be the last we ever see if him or he could play today.

Not going to try and guess what they are doing.

Canucks should be a winnable game I think.

Well at least no Ristolainen today. No Atkinson too so I guess that's a wash. And Owen Tippett won't play today either I hope that hit with Palat didn't rattle his brain, i.e. concussion symptoms. He's got a lot of scoring potential imho and I hope he's back real soon.

Looking at the practice lines Laughton is still on the top line. Come on JT I realize it's slim pickens when Hayes is your #1 but still. And I like Laughton. He's just not a top 6 fwd.

edit: btw anyone understand what a two-way/one-way contract is? That's what Hodgson signed according to NHL.COM. I thought the whole point of a 2-way deal was the player didn't have to clear waivers but Hodgson does. I never heard of a 2-way/1-way what the hell is that?

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

edit: btw anyone understand what a two-way/one-way contract is? That's what Hodgson signed according to NHL.COM. I thought the whole point of a 2-way deal was the player didn't have to clear waivers but Hodgson does. I never heard of a 2-way/1-way what the hell is that?

It just means they get paid a different pay rate when they are in the AHL is all and he will make more in the NHL.

Does anyone know if Tortorella is keeping the Laczynski - Frost - Allison line together? It looks like all three of them had some good chemistry together last game and I can't see breaking up a good thing, but this is the Flyers we're taking about and Schmuck Felcher likes to dictate who plays with who. 

You better watch out...you better not cry...
You better not turn that puck over, I'm tellin you why...
Bruce Boudreau's boys...are in town!

Very fast, very offensive minded Canucks team, albeit with a very questionable defense, and a solid goalie, should give Philadelphia a bigger test than the Devils did in the opener.
Interested to see if the Flyers can deal with the dangerous VAN offense, and whether they can take advantage of the defensive soft spots the Canucks are sure to present to Philly.

37 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Does anyone know if Tortorella is keeping the Laczynski - Frost - Allison line together? It looks like all three of them had some good chemistry together last game and I can't see breaking up a good thing, but this is the Flyers we're taking about and Schmuck Felcher likes to dictate who plays with who. 

Maybe not they recalled Olle...

21 Scott Laughton - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny

86 Joel Farabee - 49 Noah Cates - 57 Wade Allison

25 James van Riemsdyk - 48 Morgan Frost - 58 Tanner Laczynski

44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 59 Jackson Cates - 62 Olle Lycksell

9 Ivan Provorov - 77 Tony DeAngelo
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
24 Nick Seeler - 54 Egor Zamula

79 Carter Hart
[33 Samuel Ersson]

DeAngelo shot somehow sneaks through....and guess what... traffic set up in front of Demko! 
Imagine that! No clean looks for the good looking Vancouver goalie!

If Tony D can keep his damned trap shut and just play hockey, he should be a boost for this Philly PP.

Vancouver is showing what they showed in their game against the Oilers: Start out great, fizzle towards the end. Their defense doesn't seem to be built for 60 minutes apparently.

Nice play by the Flyers short handed to take advantage of lax Canucks defense for the tie score.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Pressure by Vancouver, fortunately for Philadelphia, Hart was able to freeze the puck.
Flyer defense was scrambling.

Also, Nils Hoglander should not go messing around with a Neanderthal like Deslauriers.
Nils, you are NOT cut out for the caveman games...knock it off.