New Series: Torts Doghouse

Samifan

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

How is Chuck Fletcher an ex Flyer?

Cmon now, you're better than that. You and I both know we are discussing Briere.

To be clear, I never said "ALL" Flyer employees, specifically team management,  are ex-players. I AM saying they have hired an endless string of them and Briere is just next man up. His only qualifications are a year and a half at a minor club and being mentored by PH

Here's a sample:

Holmgren- HC, GM, President, Senior Adv

Clarke- GM (x2),Snr VP

Hextall - GM, scout

Barber - HC

Berube - HC

Stevens- HC

Murray - HC

Laperiere - AC

and if you feel like taking a trip down memory lane, just peruse the list of team staff. You'll see Dave Brown, Kjell Samuelson, Sami Kapanen, Mark Grieg, Sam Morin and Nick Schultz 

4 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya but you said they only hire and groom old Flyers. I'm suggesting they feel the need to go back to a "Flyer" maybe since Fletcher hasn't really worked out. 

I'm pretty sure I cleared this up in my last post...

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

To be clear, I never said "ALL" Flyer employees, specifically team management,  are ex-players. I AM saying they have hired an endless string of them and Briere is just next man up

Yep...said so right there 

4 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I'm suggesting they feel the need to go back to a "Flyer" maybe since Fletcher hasn't really worked out. 

And the GM prior to Fletcher was who? That's right, an ex-flyer

But you may be right, maybe they do feel the need to get an ex-flyer. It's been waaay too long without one. And since they have never been successful following this approach, why start now by going outside the organization?

lol, you really seem to dislike Briere. 

Rumor was he was in the running for the Montreal GM job. I think there are a number of hockey people who consider him as a potential future GM but will it be with the Flyers? We shall see. 

Look, bottom line is a trained monkey could do as good a job as Fletcher if not better so why not try Briere (not saying Briere is a monkey, I shouldn't need that qualifier but around here you never know, people get testy around this team with good reason)

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

why not try Briere

Why not try Andy Delmore?

Matt Read?

Simon Gagne?

Scott Hartnell?

Mike Knuble?

Brian Boucher?

Randy Robitaille?

Billy Tibbets?

They all have the same qualifications that Briere does.  Let's try one of them.

• Good Post 1

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Rumor was he was in the running for the Montreal GM job. I think there are a number of hockey people who consider him as a potential future GM but will it be with the Flyers? 

I dont dislike Briere at all. I just don't agree with the love he's getting from Flyer fans who think he should be GM. The team is a train wreck, and has been for quite some time. So why give the job to a guy who hasn't accomplished anything? Being an ex-player is not a qualification. However that doesn't seem to matter to many on this forum. The rumors he is coveted by other teams shouldn't make him qualified either

The Flyers have shown repeatedly that they fail at GM. That's in large part because PH and BC are still making or influencing decisions. Im not inclined to trust them when they say Briere is the future 

But hey, I hate CF, so I'll take Briere. The removal of anyone not named Tortorella is a positive. 

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

I dont dislike Briere at all. I just don't agree with the love he's getting from Flyer fans who think he should be GM. The team is a train wreck, and has been for quite some time. So why give the job to a guy who hasn't accomplished anything? Being an ex-player is not a qualification. However that doesn't seem to matter to many on this forum. The rumors he is coveted by other teams shouldn't make him qualified either

The Flyers have shown repeatedly that they fail at GM. That's in large part because PH and BC are still making or influencing decisions. Im not inclined to trust them when they say Briere is the future 

But hey, I hate CF, so I'll take Briere. The removal of anyone not named Tortorella is a positive. 

I do understand your point, and if there was a really good candidate out there who wanted the job I'd give it to them, but I don't think there is, so a more likely possible hope is maybe Briere. Will he succeed if he got the job? I have no idea. Will he be better than Fletcher? Honestly, how could he be worse?????

A guy I would have hired a few years back (if he'd wanted the job) was Rick Dudley. I'd still hire him, but I doubt he'd be interested. 

As for Tortorella, I was one of the first here to want him and to back him and I'd give him a big say in player movement if I was in that office. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I do understand your point, and if there was a really good candidate out there who wanted the job I'd give it to them, but I don't think there is, so a more likely possible hope is maybe Briere. Will he succeed if he got the job? I have no idea. Will he be better than Fletcher? Honestly, how could he be worse?????

A guy I would have hired a few years back (if he'd wanted the job) was Rick Dudley. I'd still hire him, but I doubt he'd be interested. 

As for Tortorella, I was one of the first here to want him and to back him and I'd give him a big say in player movement if I was in that office. 

Agree to agree 👍🏻 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, GrittyForever said:

i think the point is the above could be said about literally anyone.  walk outside of your house, stop the first car that drives past.  we have exactly as much reason to think the person driving that car would be a good GM hire as we do for briere.

as you say, just about anyone would be an upgrade on what's in place now, it's just weird that the "anyone" value in that statement is being consistently filled by one particular random person.  like SCFlyguy said, why point at briere over, say, hartnell?  why not mccrossin, get him out of the trainer's room and into the GM chair?  why not that one beer guy that works in section 224?

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah I think we're all sick of this guy sugarcoating everything...!

I know I'm old school but we need more of the calling out like we see it in this world.

This world has gone so soft these days and it reflects in our kids.

Only we can change this. Everyone wants to be the boss no one want to work.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:43 AM, GrittyForever said:

Rumor was he was in the running for the Montreal GM job. I think there are a number of hockey people who consider him as a potential future GM but will it be with the Flyers? We shall see. 

Look, bottom line is a trained monkey could do as good a job as Fletcher if not better so why not try Briere (not saying Briere is a monkey, I shouldn't need that qualifier but around here you never know, people get testy around this team with good reason)

or an untrained monkey. The chucktard should have been exiled from hockey years ago, yet here he remains. Doesn't say much about the untrained monkeys who hired him and stand by him.

• 2 weeks later...

This is from a recent article from Charlie...

...and I view this as a good thing piss him off make him ask for a trade all good by me...

Yes, there is absolutely friction between Tortorella and Hayes. It’s fairly obvious at this point, given that Hayes has clearly received the most obvious discipline from the head coach. He was benched for the third period in October against the Sharks (along with Konecny). He was dropped to Line 3 against the Bruins last week with Max Willman and Patrick Brown as linemates. He was moved to the wing, with the justification that Cates, a 23-year-old natural left winger, was better defensively down low than Hayes. And against the Penguins on Black Friday, Hayes was largely dropped to Line 4 for the final two periods.

Hayes’ offensive production is undeniable — 22 points in 22 games is objectively strong. But it’s my understanding that Hayes is regularly being called out by Tortorella in tape study meetings for poor plays and blown assignments, and that despite his scoring totals, a scratching isn’t out of the question in the near future. There’s real frustration there.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

...and I view this as a good thing piss him off make him ask for a trade all good by me...

Wow if Tortorella could pull that off...I already have him in the running for the Jack Adams when (pray god it's "when") he gets Fletcher fired. To get both these clowns out would be a real coup d'etat.

He's not wrong either. Hayes is putting up points sure but the rest of time he's turning the puck over, skating in molasses and generally funking things up on the ice. Esp in OT. Nice job Fletch...

I've NEVER liked playing with guys who score but just float around the rest of the time. Especially if they're not elite scorers. Like Hayes. And JVR. It sends the complete wrong message to younger players. It's a team game where effort from EVERYONE is needed if you want to succeed. Fletcher has made this Hayes team. It's part of the reason why they completely suck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow if Tortorella could pull that off...I already have him in the running for the Jack Adams when (pray god it's "when") he gets Fletcher fired. To get both these clowns out would be a real coup d'etat.

Exactly.

Now let's be clear i am not saying he will get either run out of town.

But what if he does??????

If he were to pull that off he may get a statue beside Doug and Nick Foles in Philly...

:Eagles:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...