New Series: Torts Doghouse

Samifan

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

TK played pretty poorly compared to how he had been playing... I don't know if he was getting caught at the end of shifts when he was spectating from the ice... but that **** was happening. He had a great view of the Karlsson goal add to that Hayesy couldn't hang on to the puck...why shouldn't those guys be held to a standard too?

To his credit, TK acknowledged he played poorly.   Acknowledging and correcting are obviously two different things, but at least he said something to the effect of "yeah, that's true."   But I haven't seen Hayes say anything similar.

I don't really care what they say, just do it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

To his credit, TK acknowledged he played poorly.   Acknowledging and correcting are obviously two different things, but at least he said something to the effect of "yeah, that's true."   But I haven't seen Hayes say anything similar.

I swear, one of these days, some fan is just going to go down there and wring his neck (Hayes). Maddening.

Edited by Podein25
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

At one point, I was watching a bit of the game and Hayes lost his man so badly they put out an amber alert.

How he made it to the NHL is a mystery to me. He's just a big dummy really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Podein25 said:
34 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

At one point, I was watching a bit of the game and Hayes lost his man so badly they put out an amber alert.

How he made it to the NHL is a mystery to me. He's just a big dummy really.

bbbbb...uuuuu....tttttt   there were some on here said that a strong veteran presences was needed and actually applauded the move.   Phooy on that.....

Exhibit A:

- I really like our depth down the middle. Coots, Hayes, Patrick, Laughton. That's solid.

- It's a year or two too long as a contract, but the upside is that Hayes can play wing and will kill penalties. So there are options with him and there is value.

That being said, there are no other options out there and Fletch had no choice but to sign a 2C.   Could you imagine if he didn't get a 2c this summer?

Don't forget that this helps 5 on 5 and the penalty kill.    They don't have to waste Couturier/Giroux on the PK as much.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Dude, Hayes lost his spine, and that was actually attached to him at one time.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

bbbbb...uuuuu....tttttt   there were some on here said that a strong veteran presences was needed and actually applauded the move.   Phooy on that.....

Exhibit A:

- I really like our depth down the middle. Coots, Hayes, Patrick, Laughton. That's solid.

- It's a year or two too long as a contract, but the upside is that Hayes can play wing and will kill penalties. So there are options with him and there is value.

That being said, there are no other options out there and Fletch had no choice but to sign a 2C.   Could you imagine if he didn't get a 2c this summer?

Don't forget that this helps 5 on 5 and the penalty kill.    They don't have to waste Couturier/Giroux on the PK as much.

Some of those quotes are probably from me, lol. The guy drives me nuts. I always thought he was a lazy fukcer. I didn't know much about him until he went to Wpg for their playoff run and my immediate reaction to his firt shift as a Jet was that he was badly out of shape. And this was April! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Some of those quotes are probably from me, lol.

LOL ... actually they are NOT .....but good guess! ;) 

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

The guy drives me nuts. I always thought he was a lazy fukcer.

Can't agree with you more ...... such an assenine contract Fletch handed out ..... SMH

• Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

That reads like a mojo sentence.

I'm sure this was written before Patrick was diagnosed with his disorder.

Hindsight is 20/20 I say it all the time here. 

I don't think I'd think differently unless I had today's information then.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 6:46 PM, Samifan said:

Episode 1: Torts welcomes Kevin Hayes AND Travis Konecy to his doghouse.

The circus act in full effect before Halloween even gets here...  Not surprised in the slightest.

DeAngelo should have been sitting right next to both of them for the period.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

That reads like a mojo sentence.

I'm sure this was written before Patrick was diagnosed with his disorder.

nope …. Not a mojo quote either…. 😊

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

nope …. Not a mojo quote either…. 😊

I know I'm not responsible.  1, I'm completely irresponsible. 2, I wouldn't give Laughton credit for finding his ass with both hands and a mirror, and 4, my hockey insight goes about as far as trying to figure out which side of the puck thingy I'm sposed to whack with my stick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I swear, one of these days, some fan is just going to go down there and wring his neck (Hayes). Maddening.

I'll pay for your ticket and bail....oh wait, you don't need money for bail in PA. I'll buy your drinks instead

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

where's the lie here?

I never said Tortorella "lied" for crying out loud! lol. Jeez. I was expecting a bit more in the "why they sucked" department that's all.

But I watched it again and I guess it was pretty fair - or maybe "diplomatic" is a better word.

Good to hear Konecny own up to it. From what I saw that game nobody was winning foot races, which of course means zero forecheck, but at least Konecny knows he should be better. Now if somebody could get Hayes to ... oh never mind that guy is a lost cause.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

People who watched a ton of Hayes' Rangers games tried to warn people here.

Hayes has always been a bum, his game hasn't changed a bit, the Flyers just made him a $7M bum.

This was obvious the day he was signed.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

People who watched a ton of Hayes' Rangers games tried to warn people here.

Hayes has always been a bum, his game hasn't changed a bit, the Flyers just made him a $7M bum.

This was obvious the day he was signed.

Guy was and is overpaid without question. I thought that at the time and said as much.

I also was surprised that he was pretty good in his first year here, better than I was expecting. 

His injury really magnified all the flaws in his game, plus, now when he's beaten it's magnified because he's the #1 guy and well...

The monkey-******-a-football contortions this organization has gone through since his signing have been really disheartening.

Hayes isn't as bad as he's made out to be here. He is also not worth 7+million .aav either. This should be the Flyers 2022/23 slogan. 

Flyers Hockey- Not terrible, just not worth what they're paid.

• Like 1